• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Should Dunsparce Evolve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyYanmega

Whipping Up a Wind Scar!
Reaction score
When people think of absolutely pointless Pokemon, many bring Dunsparce to mind. However, if a Fifth Gen. evolution were to be created, would you be more willing to add Dunsparce to your team? And what do you think it would look like?

All standard forum rules apply.

Shouldn't this go in the Gen V section?

A Dunsparce evolution is only as good as they make it. Since we don't know what it'll be like (or if it'll even exist) there's no way of telling weather or not most people would consider it for their team. He could be just as pathetic as his prevo, after all

Dunspare evolving would rock. I had dunsparce as an annoyer, but it wasn't able to withstand hits. A good defending evo would be nice though.

I was thinking maybe a Normal/Dark fusion, featuring a more pronounced and dangerous tail-drill, with bat-like wings. Longer and more robust as well, and an armored head since Headbutt is practially it's signature move.

I totally agree. I have no idea what he would become, but he needs an evo.

Yes, he should :(! Thar poor bug needs an evolution!! :(!. A bug/steel type would fit him well :3. And He could evolve making him to reach aome level and give him a stone or something. No matter how, but he needs to evolve NOW!! :(!

It'd be more than epic if this fail Pokemon evolves into something that can't even be beat XD
idk... if it was a Dragon/? it'd be awesome :D
(Though... if it ends up a Ghose/Dark, I'll lol)

I was thinking maybe a Normal/Dark fusion, featuring a more pronounced and dangerous tail-drill, with bat-like wings. Longer and more robust as well, and an armored head since Headbutt is practially it's signature move.

No. If he does evolve, not like that, please. I like Dunsparce's style, I don't want it to look evil. How I would like it: Dunsparce with bigger wings, keep them feathery, and let them be strong enough to make the poor thing fly (levitate would be useful for its defensive purposes). Give it a Chinese dragon mustache, make the tail drill work like an umbrella, making it somewhat like a round shield when open (during the animation Dunsparce could easily be shown opening and closing it, leaving it open in the final stance), to let its defensive status be clear and for potential coolness. Maybe make it bulkier (but not a lot more, because it couldn't fly then...), and give it eyebrows in the same style of the mustache (thin and long), not sure if bold ones would work, perhaps they shouldn't add eyebrows at all. And yay, you have a happy Normal/Dragon (unique tipying). I know there could be more features, like a colour scheme revamp, but this is the principal I'd like to see.

I think that it should be able to have one of two possible abilities: Serene Grace, and when it evolves replace Runaway with Levitate.

I think that it should be able to have one of two possible abilities: Serene Grace, and when it evolves replace Runaway with Levitate.

Sounds fair. I actually would enjoy a little storyline (well, Pokédex or anime wise): "after evolving, instead of using its stronger wings to flee faster, EvolvedParce will instead use them as an advantage for fighting". We can assume Serene Grace 'Parces already have some guts. So, to give that ability (Serene Grace) some use, I assume it would keep its pre-evolutions all around stats except for the really bad speed.

I think it would be nice. Especially if it evolved into something totally unexpected, like Magikarp and Feebas.

Hopefully not as unexpected as Gyarados and Milotic.

I think that Evo-sparce should still have the tail-drill, maybe make a move for it called Tail Jab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom