• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Should Porygon be in the Anime?

neokinz13

Reaction score
What do you think. I think that Porygon and it's evolutions should be in the anime because it was not Porygon who caused all of the seizures, it was Pikachu. Besides just because a incident happened doesn't mean Porygon and it's evolution have to be banned from the anime.

They should, but even if the Porygon line appeared again, it would be hard to come up with another good plot with them in it. They already did the whole "going into the computer with Porygon" thing, and there aren't very many options for another plot.

But the reason why Porygon is banned, in my theory, is that the public only knew the episode as "that one with the Porygon that caused seizures" and confusion may arise if they air another episode with Porygon, and knowing the general stupidity of the public, they'll try to get the new Porygon episode banned for airing "seizure episodes" on TV.

Dogasu posted a great explanation here on why the Pokemon is banned and why we'll never see it again.

It's completely unfortunate that Porygon won't even show up because of the Electric Soldier Incident. It and its evolutions are fascinating Pokemon.

Will these threads about goddamn Porygon ever end?

Go catch one in the games or write a fanfic about it.

People still insist the Porygon evos show up. Sadly, they never will. It would be nice if they did, but there is nothing any of us can say or do about it.

didn't porygon2 appear in a movie?

anyways, if people are all so sure that the family won't appear in the animé, why not put it on bulbapedia? all it says is:

Since then, Porygon and its evolutions have never played a main role in another episode, despite the fact that it was actually Pikachu who caused the seizures.

why not put "porygon will never appear again," if we're so adamant about it? people say that the porygon line will never appear again as if it were a fact.

I propose that the episode be edited, with ALL flashing lights removed (Make it only red OR blue) and then put it on TV or the Uncut DVDs that'll never get released here.

I'm certain if Shogakukan has learned their lesson, and the the episode was redone as such, people still won't ever forgive Porygon, but it and its evolutions may get another chance on the show.

Didn't any of you even read the link to the explaination that was posted IN THIS VERY THREAD?

You people are so thick-headed...

It's the seizures from flashing lights. Remove the cause, and the issue becomes invalid.

Yeah, if getting rid of the seizure-causing lights was all that was necessary to solve the problem, they wouldn't have waited nearly thirteen years and two Porygon evolutions before doing so.

According to the history, it was not Porygon, but Pikachu that destroyed the missiles, resulting in the problematic flashes. Porygon is by no means at fault.

According to the history, it was not Porygon, but Pikachu that destroyed the missiles, resulting in the problematic flashes. Porygon is by no means at fault.

True, but like Dogasu said in his website, porygon took the blame because he was the star of the episode

Yeah it and it's evolutions should be featured in the anime. Its not fair that Pikachu roams free while Porygon is unjustly blamed.

This reminds me of one of my favorite quotes by comedian Ron "Tater Salad" White: "You can't fix stupid."

If you've never heard of Ron White, he was on the Blue Collar Comedy Tour with Jeff "You Might Be A Redneck" Foxworthy, Bill "Here's Your Sign" Engvall, and Larry the Cable Guy. (Git-r-done!) Just FYI.

I don't see why not. The thing happened over a decade ago, the writers aren't stupid enough to create another scene that has potential to cause even more epileptic seizures.

But Porygon-Z did cameo in the 11th movie, didn't it?

I don't see why not. The thing happened over a decade ago, the writers aren't stupid enough to create another scene that has potential to cause even more epileptic seizures.

But Porygon-Z did cameo in the 11th movie, didn't it?

I don't think so, but it's possible. *goes to check*

EDIT: I didn't see it, but then again I might've missed it.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom