• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Signature Move Incentive

Siburke... that is an amazing idea!

Although, in the case of Pay Day, I'd rather see the power increased. If I wanted more money, I'd just fight the Elite Four again. I guess that's a matter of preference, though. Of course, with your idea it would be easy to just have two different items.

that's what i meant dude - triple attack power (although more money would be a bonus!)

If there were a signature boost, the Lati@s' luster purge/mist ball would be more powerful and utterly devastating with soul dew, Arceus's judgement would be even more harsh, Volt tackle might make Pikachu more used with the light ball, if it doesn't kill itself in recoil...

The one problem in implementing it would be figuring out what pokemon has which signature move. Like rollout: I consider that to be Donphan's sig move, but I'm sure someone else disagrees. And not to mention sig moves that don't do damage-how do you make those kind of moves stronger?

And not to mention sig moves that don't do damage-how do you make those kind of moves stronger?

Make Camouflage work like Double Team/Protect.
Make Lovely Kiss 100% accurate and/or make the target infatuated while putting it to sleep at the same time.
Make Spider Web not only prevent switching, but lower Speed/cause paralysis at the same time.

Basically, just add secondary effects.

On the other hand, if we take a move like, let's say, Triple Kick, and boost its power and stuff...

Who's to say that's not just the move's in-game effect? It's not like anyone else can learn it. Hence the term "signature move".

It might make sense with moves like Octazooka and Ice Ball that can be egged, but I never considered those to be signature anyways. Let's be honest, besides events and hacks, there's no way for you to get anyone else with Judgment other than Arceus. You don't know if it has a power boost or not, because you've got nobody else in your game with Judgment to compare it with.

Even if you do hack...Well, GF isn't going to give you a power boost to stop you from using stuff you shouldn't be using in the first place.

So yeah. I'm not sure what the point of this would be.

Some idea that just crossed my mind. What if a Pokémon that has a signature move can teach that move to other Pokémon an unlimited number of times. We all hate when some TMs can't be found more than once in a game. For example, Dugtrio knows Dig, and Dugtrio can teach the move (since it's supposed to master the move) to all Pokémon that could learn it, avoiding the need of having so many TMs.

Some idea that just crossed my mind. What if a Pokémon that has a signature move can teach that move to other Pokémon an unlimited number of times. We all hate when some TMs can't be found more than once in a game. For example, Dugtrio knows Dig, and Dugtrio can teach the move (since it's supposed to master the move) to all Pokémon that could learn it, avoiding the need of having so many TMs.

thats called breeding

besides which, TMs can be used an infinite amount of times in Black/White anyway.... though, that could be a nice alternative to move tutors (who usually need payment of some sort, be it shards or Battle Points).

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom