• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

I think it may have been better in the CMT thread.

On topic: Neox, you have a bit of a fighting weakness, and a scuicide lead wont help that too much. Why not try a gliscor lead:

Gliscor @ leftovers
sand veil
jolly
~ Earthquake
~ Taunt
~ Roost
~ Stealth Rock
206HP/88 attack/216 speed

I have a question: Which move better suits a Gliscor with this basic summery...

Gliscor @ Life Orb
Jolly 252 HP/ 216 Spe/ 40 Atk
Hyper Cutter
~ Swords Dance
~ Earthquake
~ Stone Edge
~ Baton Pass, or Roost?

My team includes Scizor and Metagross, so I'm thinking Baton Pass could work.

Thanks in advance.

Note: I know that Smogon reccomends the use of Fire fang/ Ice fang/ Night slash in the last slot, but I don't think I need any of those because my team covers almost everything.

Edit: I have another question: What are IV Battles?

Last edited:
IV battles are when you have like, 5 pokemon whose Ivs you want to check, but they are still level 1. You auto level them up to 100 over wifi and write down their stats and input them into an iv calculator

The Technician boost is added after the STAB boost, which is why you get 90 instead of 80.

Not that it matters much, but I thought Technician boosts came before STAB, thus making moves like Aerial Ace still benefit from Technician and STAB on something like Scyther. (60 x 1.5 = 90, 90 x 1.5 = 135). I could be wrong though. o_O

Oh, I get it. Thanks! But I have another question...

How many EVs would a vitamin (Carbos, Protein, etc.) give a pokemon? I've heard that if you give a vitamin to a pokemon with no EVs, then that pokemon gets 100 EVs in that stat. Is that true? If it is, then will the pokemon only get 100 EVs that time, or will a different vitamin give it 100 more EVs in a different stat?

Example: I have a togepi that's UT. I give it a Carbos, the a Calcium. Will it get 100 speed EVs and 100 sp.atk EVs, or what?

Thanks in advance ^^

Oh, I get it. Thanks! But I have another question...

How many EVs would a vitamin (Carbos, Protein, etc.) give a pokemon? I've heard that if you give a vitamin to a pokemon with no EVs, then that pokemon gets 100 EVs in that stat. Is that true? If it is, then will the pokemon only get 100 EVs that time, or will a different vitamin give it 100 more EVs in a different stat?

Example: I have a togepi that's UT. I give it a Carbos, the a Calcium. Will it get 100 speed EVs and 100 sp.atk EVs, or what?

Thanks in advance ^^

A Vitamin (HP Up, Protein, Carbos, Calcium, etc.) only provides 10 EVs to the corresponding stat. So, you can give your Togepi 10 Calciums and 10 Carbos before it can't have any more.

Bullet Punch's base power is 40. 50% of that is 20, so add that to 40 to get 60. 60 is the BP with STAB before Technician is taken into account. Now, you add 50% of 60 (30) to get 90, so there you go.

The Technician boost is added after the STAB boost, which is why you get 90 instead of 80.

Technically, Technician boost is added before STAB in the damage formula, but it doesn't really matter. Multiplication is commutative. It'll come out to 90 no matter what order you do it in. And if it says the base power is 60 or below, you can do the Technician part. No need to worry that STAB will bump it out of Technician range.

Okay, question time:
So I was putting together an all-Togekiss team in doubles to use casually, and I had it in my mind that Togekiss learned Icy Wind. The tutor wouldn't teach it, and now when I look around, I'm not seeing it listed anywhere. Is it possible to get an Icy Wind Togekiss, and if not, why did I get that idea? Was it like a Shoddy glitch or something?

Last edited:
Okay, question time:
So I was putting together an all-Togekiss team in doubles to use casually, and I had it in my mind that Togekiss learned Icy Wind. The tutor wouldn't teach it, and now when I look around, I'm not seeing it listed anywhere. Is it possible to get an Icy Wind Togekiss, and if not, why did I get that idea? Was it like a Shoddy glitch or something?

Yeah it seems to be a glitch/error because it says it only in the Smogon Team-Builder thing..not even Smogon lists it in the Moves tab on Togekiss' page.

Anyways couldn't you just run Hidden Power Ice?

So I'm making a battle tower team, and I'm wondering which move would be better for my Swords Dance Gliscor: Stone Edge or Rock Slide. I know the former is prefered competatively, but the accuracy and pp difference seem like they could be a major liability in "hax tower". I don't want to miss out on a KO either, thoughts?

So I'm making a battle tower team, and I'm wondering which move would be better for my Swords Dance Gliscor: Stone Edge or Rock Slide. I know the former is prefered competatively, but the accuracy and pp difference seem like they could be a major liability in "hax tower". I don't want to miss out on a KO either, thoughts?
Depends. If your Gliscor is gonna outspeed alot of opponents, then use Rock Slide to abuse it's flinch rate. If you're going for just power, choose Stone Edge.

Rock Slide is barely more reliable than Stone Edge. You only get 10 more accuracy for 25 less power. I say use Stone Edge perhaps in conjunction with Roost to take advantage of Gliscor's good defenses.

I can't decide on my Blaziken's STAB moves. Can anyone help me choose?
Spr_4d_257_m.png

Blaziken-Life Orb
Rash (SpAtk+,SpDef-)
84 Atk/184 SpAtk/240 Spd
Fire Blast/Flamethrower/Heat Wave
Thunderpunch
Hidden Power (Ice)
Sky Uppercut/Vacuum Wave/Brick Break

NOTE: The reason there's no Superpower/Overheat up there is because I don't like the stat-drops those moves leave with Blaziken.

HP ice is near useless in UU, so I would get rid of it. Use vacuum wave, and perhaps super power over HP ice

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom