• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

im just wondering, but how should i continue raising my Charizard?the IV for attack is if it's attack is 93,which is 3 under the actual stat

Charizard - #6 (Timid)
Lvl: 50
HP: 31
Att: 30 - 31
Def: 20 - 21
SpA: 18 - 19
SpD: 8 - 9
Speed: 30 - 31

Moves:
Air Slash
Ominous Wind
Dragon Rage(will remove)
Flamethrower

it would help if i knew how to get it's Special Defense up

Hmmm... I don't think so. It's Special Attack isn't that good, IMO. For me an IV of 20-31 is good.

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

Breed that Charizard ASAP. It has amazing attack and speed, and would be a great parent for a Bellyzard.

OK I was breeding charmanders for someone and after our trade I was left with two eggs so on a whim I hatched them and checked their IV's and to my surprise they were both pretty good. So I have decided to train one for my team but which one? That is the question here are there IV's

charmander 1 Adamant Somewhat vain HP Dark 66
HP 13/ Att 31/ Def 5/ SpAtt 31/ SpDef 31/ Speed 27

charmander 2 Adamant Alert to sounds HP Dragon 70
HP 30/ Att 31/ Def 19/ SpAtt 11/ SpDef 11/ Speed 31

So any ideas?

So any ideas?
The second one most definatly. You don't need the spA on the first, and you don't really need the extra spD. Plus the second one has more speed, which is what most everyone wants in competitive playing.

I agree. But I wonder: does that second Charmander have Dragon Dance?

thank you moka-san

sharking no it doesn't neither do. I wasn't planning on breeding a competitive Pokemon I just lucked out on the IV's.

OK I was breeding charmanders for someone and after our trade I was left with two eggs so on a whim I hatched them and checked their IV's and to my surprise they were both pretty good. So I have decided to train one for my team but which one? That is the question here are there IV's

So any ideas?

While they're both good, I'd go with the second one to train. Higher speed and HP mean that you could probably use a Belly Drum set with some success. The other one you might want to re-breed for a mixed set -- those Attack and Special Attack IVs are nice, but since you're Adamant natured, you won't get the full benefit of the special attack. In fact, the only thing the first one clearly has over the second is that perfect special defense stat. But that's just my two cents.

Well, an Adamant Charizard without Dragon Dance (or Belly Drum) can still have a good Choice Scarf set.

Adamant / Choice Scarf / Blaze
- Fire Punch / Flare Blitz
- ThunderPunch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw / Shadow Claw
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP / Defense / Sp. Defense

If you don't want to kill yourself, Fire Punch is for you. But if you feel that you need the power, go for Flare Blitz. ThunderPunch and Earthquake, along with either Fire attack, provide great neutral coverage altogether. You could choose to either make this coverage complete and hit Dragons hard with Dragon Claw, or trump those Gengar, Froslass, Alakazam, etc. with Shadow Claw.

Just a suggestion, though.

What should I change on my Rampardos?
Rampar (Ramparsos)
Lv.51
Serious Nature
Holding: Muscle Band
HP: 172 Atk: 194 Def: 97 Sp.Atk: 111 Sp:Def: 91 Speed:98
Attacks
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch

What should I change on my Rampardos?
Rampar (Ramparsos)
Lv.51
Serious Nature
Holding: Muscle Band
HP: 172 Atk: 194 Def: 97 Sp.Atk: 111 Sp:Def: 91 Speed:98
Attacks
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch

There's an obvious lack of STAB here.

Replace Zen Headbutt or one of the Elemental Punches with Stone Edge or Head Smash. (the latter is a bit risky, though)

I want to make a Shoddy UU team that includes Charizard and an Altaria, but I have no idea what the other members of the team should be. Anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:

There's an obvious lack of STAB here.

Replace Zen Headbutt or one of the Elemental Punches with Stone Edge or Head Smash. (the latter is a bit risky, though)

heh, thanks ^_^
Stone Edge should be good for him, so I think I'll replace....Fire Punch

I really wanted to base him off his Atk, and have a mixture of attacks that covers it's weakness

heh, thanks ^_^

I really wanted to base him off his Atk, and have a mixture of attacks that covers it's weakness

That's the general idea for a good Physical attacker: to have a set of Physical attacks that cover many types.

For example, Dragonite can learn Dragon Claw/Outrage, Earthquake, and Fire Punch. The Dragon-Ground-Fire combo is completely unresisted.

heh, thanks ^_^

Word of warning: if you're playing in OU and you replace Fire Punch, you won't be able to touch Bronzong.

I think you should take off Thunderpunch instead. Stone Edge hits neutrally just as hard as T-punch hits SE, and everything double-weak to T-punch is hit SE by Stone Edge. You would only lose out on pokemon who resist rock but not electric. Looking at them, you will find that they are all either hit just as hard or harder by the remaining moves you would have.

I want to make a Shoddy UU team that includes Charizard and an Altaria, but I have no idea what the other members of the team should be. Anyone have any suggestions?

Someone? The lead's going to be a Fake Out Ambipom...

Someone? The lead's going to be a Fake Out Ambipom...

well, Charizard is 4x weak to SR and altaria is 2X weak, So you are probably going to need a spinner. Blastoise could work well here, he resists the water attacks aimed at Zard and the Ice attacks aimed at Altaria, while grass attacks are handled by the two. you will have to look out for Raikou though, although he might be leaving UU soon

well, Charizard is 4x weak to SR and altaria is 2X weak, So you are probably going to need a spinner. Blastoise could work well here, he resists the water attacks aimed at Zard and the Ice attacks aimed at Altaria, while grass attacks are handled by the two. you will have to look out for Raikou though, although he might be leaving UU soon

Well, I came up with one...and it's been failing spectacularly. Starting an RMT thread for it.

6: Do not post stats. These do not help the person rating the team. The only thing that you need to post that even RELATE to stats are EVs. All IVs are going to be assumed to be 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Although that is hardly ever the case, but it generally doesn't matter).
This is supposed to be a questions thread so how the heck to do right EV's? *blink* I know what EV training is but how are you supposed to write it?

Like this. Say this is for Gengar. Here's the spread:
252 SpA, 252 Spe, 6 HP

Here's how most people shorten the names of the stats they put EVs in.

HP = HP
Attack = Atk
Defense = Def
Sp. Attack = SpA
Sp. Defense = SpD
Speed = Spe

Hope that helps.

Hey if a mew learns attract does it work against both genders?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom