• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

I'm pretty sure that genderless Pokemon can never have Attract work. Though I could be wrong?

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

Yeah I think it fails on use

Yes, Attract is useless when used on genderless Pokemon. And in the metagame, Attract is just... useless. But this is for in-game...

Well, in a battle simulator, Attract isn't always useless. The default gender is male, and many people don't bother to change that. You can expect a female user to be able to hit the majority of Pokemon with it. However, it is inferior to other things like confusion, and is usually only used if stacked.

would this be a good set?

Clefable
magic guard (though cute charm would work)
Bold
252 def, 252 spec def, 4HP
Leftovers

Cosic power
softboiled
seismic toss
shadow ball/toxic

Boost defences with cosmic power, and heal with softboiled. attack with seismic toss, and Shadow ball for ghosts who resist seismic toss. Toxic to attempt to stall out ghosts instead.

I'm not sure if it goes here, but i think it does

Question, can we post Mystery Dungeon Teams here? Or ask for help in building one?

People here only rate competitive teams, and with good reason: mostly, in the game, strategy is at a minimum and you can really get away with doing almost anything you want. I'm not sure if this is the case in mystery dungeon, but I guarantee: if you post a thread about it, people will bitch at you.

You could try putting it in the In-Game Teams thread, but you may not get a good response. Your other best option is to just put the thread in the Video Games section.

Thus why I asked the question! Thank you! That's the awnser I was looking for!

I have been trying to breed a Mixpert and so far this is the best I have gotten

mudkip: relaxed, mischevious IV's 29/14/29/31/31/5
edit: mudkip: relaxed, somewhat vain IV's 6/31/25/21/31/5

Should I stop or keep trying? If so what IV spread should I shoot for?

Last edited:

I've just come up with this moveset for Roserade. Does this or a similar moveset work better with a different Pokemon, and if so, which should I choose instead?

Roserade | Natural Cure | Big Root
-> Ingrain
-> Toxic Spikes
-> Petal Dance
-> Leech Seed

I've just come up with this moveset for Roserade. Does this or a similar moveset work better with a different Pokemon, and if so, which should I choose instead?

-> Ingrain
-> Toxic Spikes
-> Petal Dance
-> Leech Seed

NEVER use Ingrain in competitive battling unless you have a Baton Passer.

-> Ingrain
-> Toxic Spikes
-> Petal Dance
-> Leech Seed

yeah, ingrain is pretty bad. and big root only effects Absorb, Drain Punch, Dream Eater, Giga Drain, Leech Life, or Mega Drain, none of which you carry. Petal Dance makes you an easy switch in and set up (you're locked in for two turns on an attack that doesnt hit quite as hard or hit as strong as its almost counterpart, Outrage.

try putting sleep powder on there, leaf storm, and HP fire.

I was under the impression that Big Root also affected Leech Seed, even if the holder wasn't the one who created the Leech Seed.

Regardless, thanks for the advice.

So, I'm SRing my TRU Arceus, and I get this:

Lonely nature, 30 / 0 / 20 / 24 / 30 / 4 (HP Fighting)

...Worth keeping?

Why are you SRing one anyway? It can't be EV trained.

Not worth keeping. Attack is way too low to have a +Atk nature.

...Forgot about that. ^^;; Thanks.

Sure you can EV train it. Just no more than 100 in any given stat.

Can anyone recommend a moveset for Kecleon?

This is for a sort of chaos-themed party. I saw that Kecleon could get Metronome in Gen III, so I might include that. Any other suggestions?

EDIT:
I've decided on this:
Kecleon | Color Change | Spooky Plate
Shadow Claw
Skill Swap
Screech
Toxic

Opinions?

Last edited:

Throw some Assist and Metronome users into that party too.

I don't really want to start a full RMT thread for a just-for-fun team, so I'll post it here.

Also, this is actually 11 Pokemon. I'd use 6 of these at random for any given battle.

Clefable (Magic Guard) @Life Orb
Metronome, Copycat, Wish, Sleep Talk

Ditto (Limber) @Metal Powder
Transform

Castform (Forecast) @Icy Rock
Weather Ball, Hail, Blizzard, Avalanche

Castform (Forecast) @Heat Rock
Weather Ball, Flamethrower, Sunny Day, SolarBeam

Castform (Forecast) @Damp Rock
Weather Ball, Thunder, Future Sight, Rain Dance

Kecleon (Color Change) @Spooky Plate
Shadow Claw, Skill Swap, Toxic, Screech

Porygon2 (Trace) @Sitrus Berry
Conversion 2, Lock-On, Recycle, Zap Cannon

Porygon-Z (Adaptability) @Wide Lens
Conversion, Agility, Blizzard, SolarBeam

Smeargle (Technician) @Quick Claw
Metronome, Assist, Sleep Talk, Transform

Smeargle (Own Tempo) @Smooth Rock
Sandstorm, Swagger, Yawn, Leech Seed

Smeargle (Own Tempo) @Leftovers
Baton Pass, Block, Acupressure, Aqua Ring

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom