• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

^I really only wanted comments on whether or not to teach it my only copy of water pulse (you can only get it once).

Aha. Well you could always trade for another copy :p

It's not a bad choice coverage wise (Dragon + Water is only resisted by a few Pokemon), just somewhat of a letdown as far as the base power. It does hit Heatran, though.

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

Alright, I read the thing about EVs linked to on the 1st post, but I STILL DONT GET IT!!!:banghead: HELP!!! I want to hopefuly do that Battle Road thingy with my HeartGold team, but I wanted to know about good EV training first. My Planned Team:

Feraligatr
Lucario
Gallade
Charizard
Umbreon
Absol

I don't know the movsets yet, all but Totodile are in eggs, and...i dont have the game yet.

EDIT: I found a new source of info, so I get EVs now. Yay for understanding things!

Last edited:

I want to start gaming competitively. And i have a team that i would like to use. 1 question: would i post this team and ask for advice in the "In-game team" thread (already done with little advice), or should i start a new thread for that?

the other question: should I start with a new team? or just keep the team i have?

If your team isn't ev rained, obviously start with a new team, since you won't be able to play competitive without it. It goes in the in game thread if it lacks evs also.

I have a Ho-Oh on my hands. Keep it?
Ho-Oh
Careful
Hp 20-21
Atk. 14-15
Def 9-11
Sp. Atk 14-17
Sp. Def 31
Speed 18-19

Note it's at level 45, so I don't know how accurate the IVs are, but Ho-Oh's somewhat vain so I'm sure on the IVs for Sp. Defense.

Need help with my Red Gyarados' moveset - specifically the Ice-type move he needs. Should I go with Ice Fang or Avalanche?

Also, I'd like suggestions for an Azumarill's moveset. My plan is to go wiith the Adamant nature/ Choice Band setup, the Huge Power ability and for moves: Aqua Jet, Superpower, Ice Punch and Aqua Ring/Giga Impact/Double-Edge (Depends on how good Azumarill can take hits compared to other pokemon I might use in a team with her).

Last edited:

Need help with my Red Gyarados' moveset - specifically the Ice-type move he needs. Should I go with Ice Fang or Avalanche?
Ice Fang

Still unanswered: (I'm running out of battery people!)
Ho-Oh
Careful
Hp 20-21
Atk. 14-15
Def 9-11
Sp. Atk 14-17
Sp. Def 31
Speed 18-19

Note it's at level 45, so I don't know how accurate the IVs are, but Ho-Oh's somewhat vain so I'm sure on the IVs for Sp. Defense.

What moveset should I use for my HP Grass Timid Shiny Manetric.

I'm stuck between a Choice Specs set or a SubPetaya/Charge Beam Life Orb set.

Also, I'd like suggestions for an Azumarill's moveset. My plan is to go wiith the Adamant nature/ Choice Band setup, the Huge Power ability and for moves: Aqua Jet, Superpower, Ice Punch and Aqua Ring/Giga Impact/Double-Edge (Depends on how good Azumarill can take hits compared to other pokemon I might use in a team with her).

you don't want to be stuck on a CB aqua ring. waterfall can be used for greater reliabilty, or return/double egde for more power

Yea, I've done some searching on Smogon. I'm going to use the Azumaril Choice Band set with a minor move set edit. Now she's gonna have
~Superpower
~Double-Edge
~Ice Punch
~Aqua Jet

I might replace Double-Edge with Return if I ever max her happiness, so as to aviod the recoil damage.

Ho-Oh
Careful
Hp 20-21
Atk. 14-15
Def 9-11
Sp. Atk 14-17
Sp. Def 31
Speed 18-19

Depends what you want from your ho-oh, if you want to stall out their special sweeper then by all means keep it.

I'm thinking about getting a Politoed with this moveset:

Hydro Pump
Focus Blast
Mud Bomb
Ice Punch

What do you think?

I'm thinking about getting a Politoed with this moveset:

Hydro Pump
Focus Blast
Hypnosis
Ice Beam

What do you think?

I edited it to be slightly better,

I'm making a UU team and I need some help. I can already use a mixed priority sweeper Blaziken, two Feraligatr's (one has aqua jet, but both are still totadiles), a Swords Dance Absol, Porygon-Z, Swords Dance Gallade, Steelix, a Timid HP Grass Manetric (Still UT), and a Rock Polish Rampardos.

What should I breed and use for my team, I'm think about using Blakizen, Steelix, and breeding a Venusaur and Azumarill. What else should I use?

What should I breed and use for my team, I'm think about using Blakizen, Steelix, and breeding a Venusaur and Azumarill. What else should I use?

aaaaaaaaa don't steal my team D:

aaaaaaaaa don't steal my team

That's your team? Dang, I made a good first team from instinct. Still can you help me out?

That's your team? Dang, I made a good first team from instinct. Still can you help me out?

Well not exactly, but Venusaur Steelix and Blaziken are on the UU team I posted in the RMT a little while back and I have Azumarill in my game instead of Feraligatr (don't have Aqua Jet Gatr yet). Those are all pretty common UU pokes so I'm not that surprised ;p

Well not exactly, but Venusaur Steelix and Blaziken are on the UU team I posted in the RMT a little while back and I have Azumarill in my game instead of Feraligatr (don't have Aqua Jet Gatr yet). Those are all pretty common UU pokes so I'm not that surprised ;p

So should I use Feraligatr instead of Azumarill or...?

So should I use Feraligatr instead of Azumarill or...?

They're both good, so it's up to you. I really like the Swords Dance Aqua Jet Gatr, I was just saying I won't have that on Wifi now since I don't have one. I am kinda out of touch with UU to be honest, I use my UU team for OU play lol

They're both good, so it's up to you. I really like the Swords Dance Aqua Jet Gatr, I was just saying I won't have that on Wifi now since I don't have one. I am kinda out of touch with UU to be honest, I use my UU team for OU play lol

Sweet, I have three members already.

Would this have any value?

Suicune - #245 (Timid)
HP: 25 - 27
Att: 0 - 2
Def: 20 - 22
SpA: 30
SpD: 23 - 24
Speed: 25 - 27

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom