• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for BST! (Read First Pos

Dont run focus blas in the battle tower. You have to play hundereds of battles in a row and focus blast missing will end your streak at the worst time. I'd say energy ball or HP fighting (if it has it).

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for BST! (Read First Pos

You can still run Focus Blast, but you should give Gengar the Wide Lens (but the accuracy will still be a bit shaky).

then destiny bond wont work as well. perhaps icywind or hypnosis.

Hypnosis is even shakier than FB. LOL

how can i find my pokemons ivs

i have a problem with rotom does this guy change forms in wifi only in diamond and pearl and will keep it on platinum and HG SS or it will lose his form in all versions?

The forms can't be used on Wi-Fi

how can i find my pokemons ivs

You need to enter your Pokemons stats into a IV Calculator. Simply google one and they all come with instructions.

If I were to put a Machamp with No Guard on a double battle team, would all moves used by all pokemon hit, or just moves used by and on Machamp?

just moves used by and directed at machamp would always hit, so no sheer cold spamming.

Thank you very much!

Wasn't there a Mixed Sweeper set for Abomasnow? I swear there was, but when I looked on Smogon, it wasn't there. Did it end up becoming too ineffective?

On the topic of Abomasnow, what the heck do you have to breed one with to get a Leech Seed Snover?

Wasn't there a Mixed Sweeper set for Abomasnow? I swear there was, but when I looked on Smogon, it wasn't there. Did it end up becoming too ineffective?

On the topic of Abomasnow, what the heck do you have to breed one with to get a Leech Seed Snover?

Smogon has been revamping their analysis pages lately in light of the changes to the metagame since HG/SS was released. I suppose they viewed the mixed set as obscure enough that it no longer needed to be listed.

Abomasnow is in the Plant group so one easy way to get Leech Seed Snover is to use a Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venusaur with Leech Seed as the father. I mention that pairing since Bulbasaur learns Leech Seed via level up.

Argh...I don't have a Bulbasaur, and I can't think of 5 other Pokemon I need for the Dex to migrate in from LeafGreen. *looks through breeding compatibility* Oh sweet! Jumpluff learns it by level-up! :ksmile:

So, does anyone remember what the Mixed Abomasnow set? I was actually planning on using it (I don't play competitive [yet], just Battle Frontier and Trainer House).

I found this on a google search on pokefarm

Mixed Attacker
Nature: Sassy/Quiet
Item:Leftovers/Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 20 SpA / 160 SpD / 76 Spe
Moves:
Leech Seed
Protect
Wood Hammer
Blizzard

Cool, thanks. :-D

So, I have another question about Machamp. Is there a way to get Mimic on a No Guard Machamp, or would it always have Guts upon transfer from FRLG?

a pokemon has a 50/50 chance of changingf its ability once evolving in a new generation if the other ability wasnt availible in generation 3. So basically you need to moe tutor it mimic and hope it changes its ability when evolving to machamp/machoke. Or, you can duplicate it in emerald, send it over and evolve it, see if its ablty changes, and if it does, tutor the clone and send that over. This works because the ability change depends on the PID of the pokemon, which stays constant in cloning

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom