• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

In my experience the 68 Speed EVs aren't that useful, so feel free to do max HP / Def, or 188 HP / 252 Def / 68 SpA etc...

Max HP EVs or 188 HP EVs both hit a leftovers number (HP stat divisible by 16), if your Vappy's HP IV is 31. If your Vappy doesn't have a perfect HP IV, you'll probably want to go for the lower leftovers number.

Since your Vappy is relaxed, SpA or SpD is a better choice to put the extra EVs in, rather than Spe.

I need suggestions for a moveset for my Rayquaza, currently in my uber team.

Just wanted to get this out of the way, I am not a fanatic about natures, EVs, IVs, and all of that garbage. I honestly don't see the point in subjecting myself to fighting the exact same Pokemon over and over again for days, and trying to catch the same Pokemon over and over again just to get the right nature.

So, does anyone have any suggestions?

That depends on the rest of the team. Also, since you dont seem to be too fond of SRing for natures, you are lucky reyquaza is such a versatile pokemon. Adamant, jolly, modest, hasty, naive, and timid all work on different sets. Modest, timid for special attacking sets, naive and hasty for mixed sets, and jolly and adamant for physical sets. the evs are standard sweeping evs (252 attacking stat, 252 speed, 4 HP) for everything but mixed.

the attacks go as follow, you can mix and match usually.

useful physical attacks:
Dragon dance
sword dance
outrage
earthquake
stone edge
dragon claw
waterfall
Earthquake
extremespeed
brick break
crunch
bulk up

special attacks are the following:
surf
overheat
fire blast
ice beam
DRACO METEOR
thunderbolt
thunder
all hidden powers
(needless to say most reyqauzas are physical due to a better move pool.

In my experience the 68 Speed EVs aren't that useful, so feel free to do max HP / Def, or 188 HP / 252 Def / 68 SpA etc...

Max HP EVs or 188 HP EVs both hit a leftovers number (HP stat divisible by 16), if your Vappy's HP IV is 31. If your Vappy doesn't have a perfect HP IV, you'll probably want to go for the lower leftovers number.

Since your Vappy is relaxed, SpA or SpD is a better choice to put the extra EVs in, rather than Spe.

Yes its HP IV, sp. atk IV, sp. def IV, and def IV are all perfect (hooray for breeding!) but its speed isn't so I know it wont be fast. I invested the 68 EVs into sp. def cause I really want it to be a wall. It served me well in a double battle against my friend who has always been my rival. It lasted right to the end.

Leftovers + aqua ring + wish + protect= hard to kill when its a wall. It had surf as its attacking move and luckily its partners either died before surf could hit or in Breloom's case had substitute to stay safe. Thanks for all the help guys!

Alright, I need a UU/NU Pokémon with high Speed that can use both Rain Dance and a move that returns and deals damage (e.g. U-Turn, Self Destruct). Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Alright, I need a Pokémon with high Speed that can use both Rain Dance and a move that returns and deals damage (e.g. U-Turn, Self Destruct). Any suggestions?
Pelipper. Fits the bill exactly--Rain Dance and U-Turn, both by TMs.

I'm creating a hail team, and i'm wondering whether a flamethrower & toxic moltres would be better than a will-o-wisp & air slash one. I've looked at smogon but i'm really unsure which one to go for. Any help would be appreciated, thanks :)

I'm creating a hail team, and i'm wondering whether a flamethrower & toxic moltres would be better than a will-o-wisp & air slash one. I've looked at smogon but i'm really unsure which one to go for. Any help would be appreciated, thanks :)

The former is generally better because Toxic adds to Hail's residual damage and is actually meant for stalling whereas WoW can be stuck on any generic Moltres. Also, from the analysis:
Air Slash can be paired with Will-O-Wisp for a set designed to counter physical threats. However, Arcanine outclasses Moltres in this role, especially with Intimidate and a lesser Stealth Rock weakness.

Yeah, i read that and thought the toxic route was the better option. I just thought I'd get someone else's opinion. Thanks.

How do I calculate boosts from abilities, items and weather conditions?

For rain would I find half of the pokemon's attack/sp. atk stat and add it to its attack/sp. atk stat for when its using a water move. For example kingdra, should it be using a water move, be backed by a 475.5 base attack/sp. atk stat because its max in each area is 317, divide it by two (158.5) and add it to 317 and you'll get 475.5. Is this correct?

Is this method the same for abilities and items?

how much is a stage boost/subtraction?

Does a perfect Speed IV matter for walls like Blissey and Dusknoir?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does a perfect Speed IV matter for walls like Blissey and Dusknoir?

I don't think they do. They aren't built to sweep in most cases, so a perfect speed IV wouldn't really benefit them. It might let them outspeed certain things, that they wouldn't normally (not sure though), but i doubt that it will make a huge difference. Imo, i don't care about a walls speed, cos they are just built to wall and not sweep, normally. :)

I thought so, but I just wanted to make sure; you can never be too careful.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom