• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

So... is there any way to get the Rotom Formes to work in the Battle Tower? Or is it just doomed to never work? Because I was rather upset when I sen't Rotom out earlier and it completely forgot Hydro Pump. :C

I'm seriously about to hack a regular Rotom to have the stats of a Rotom-A with the proper EV/IV Spread, but I don't want to do that unless it is legal to have the Rotom Formes in there. Otherwise, I could just hack anything to have the Type/Stats/Ability/Moves of something like Deoxys or Arceus, and that's just not fair. =/ (I'm a firm believer in fair hack, but nothing else really).

I don't like hacking, but fuck the Battle Frontier and Gamefreak's stupid rules. I'd say go for it, because I truthfully think there is nothing wrong with how you play your game unless it's against others. So if you don't use it on Wi-Fi, I'd say go for it. The game cheats you, why not cheat it?

I don't like hacking, but fuck the Battle Frontier and Gamefreak's stupid rules. I'd say go for it, because I truthfully think there is nothing wrong with how you play your game unless it's against others. So if you don't use it on Wi-Fi, I'd say go for it. The game cheats you, why not cheat it?

The game fair hacks me. Left and right critical hits are possible, maximum damage is as well. Though the odds are against me, both me and the computer are allowed the same Pokes, with the same guidelines, and same rules. There are no Rotom Appliances in the Frontier, so I'm guessing that's why they aren't technically allowed to be used by the player.

... I'm pretty strict on my rules for these kinds of things. ><

EXCEPT FOR THOSE SPEED HACKS YOU WERE TELLING ME ABOUT.
Magmar is not faster than Sceptile, so maybe you're right. o.o

If you want to discuss hacking go here.

Other then that I'd say you don't really need Rotom forms to do well in the Frontier...you could use any Pokemon as long as it's trained well and has nice coverage.

Understood. I just like messing around with different Frontier teams, and one I was trying recently involved Rotom-W. Ah well though, it's still good for general use.

Regice sucks in OU. Defensive Ice-type = oxymoron. Regirock isn't too good, though it can annoy in a Sandstorm team, thanks to the Sp. Defense boost.

Overall, Registeel's the best. The reason it's not OU is because it's too easily Taunted.

How does the Regis fare in ou teams/ou in general?

Depends how well your team is built. From my experience Regirock works the best on Sandstorm teams, and Registeel is just a really good wall/tank in both OU and UU. Regice and Regigigas aren't so great.

l was really hoping icy was good =(

Well alright... last question. Can steel replace Bronzong?

@ιɴsσмиιαc: Ninja'd. LOL

@T.D.: As a general wall, definitely. Of course, Zong has move Steel doesn't: namely, Calm Mind and Trick Room.

Yes, although Quiet is more suited for a P2.

As for a Brave Arceus, you can run a mixed Extremekiller set with Fire Blast or Shadow Claw for coverage (both if you don't care for Recover), but keep in mind that you are restricted to a maximum of 100 EVs per stat due to Arceus only being released at lv 100.

^ That's why I'm voting for Dream World Arceus. It's possible that it'll be lower than 100, thus EV'able.

^ That's why I'm voting for Dream World Arceus. It's possible that it'll be lower than 100, thus EV'able.

Apparently lv100's can earn EV's in battle in BW. I don't have the games yet so I can't confirm it.

Anyways, I have a Hasty Infernape with Fake Out/Encore/Overheat/Close Combat. Encore hasn't seen much usefulness, so should I replace it with Mach Punch/U-turn?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom