• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

I would recommend getting rid of Grass Knot and going for a set like Psychic / Thunderbolt / Calm Mind / Wish.

I would recommend getting rid of Grass Knot and going for a set like Psychic / Thunderbolt / Calm Mind / Wish.

Thanks I'll think about that. I was thinking of getting Wish because she kicks major ass with a life orb :) Grass Knot's their for bulky Physical attckers because she doesn't have to good defenses

I'm planning to train a Drifblim that'll be in my Doubles team. Its role is to use Skill Swap to get rid of Slaking's Truant. However, I'm in a dilemma in whether to choose Timid as its nature and max out its Speed or use Bold and max its Defences.
On the same note, currently its moves are Skill Swap, Hypnosis, Memento and Shadow Ball. If you can, please give some advice on it(whether it's the moveset, nature or if you know that there is a better Skill Swapper). Thanks :D

I'm planning to train a Drifblim that'll be in my Doubles team. Its role is to use Skill Swap to get rid of Slaking's Truant. However, I'm in a dilemma in whether to choose Timid as its nature and max out its Speed or use Bold and max its Defences.
On the same note, currently its moves are Skill Swap, Hypnosis, Memento and Shadow Ball. If you can, please give some advice on it(whether it's the moveset, nature or if you know that there is a better Skill Swapper). Thanks :D

If you want Drifblim to be a Skill Swapper max out it's speed so your almost guarenteed to get it done before he dies

Timid would be good, and it should have unburden, and the move Swagger, Slaking should have Lum Berry and its EVs should focus on Defense. Basically it goes like this,
Turn 1:
Drifblim uses Skill Swap with Slaking,

Turn 2:
Drifblim uses Swagger on Slaking, which activates Slaking's new ability of unburden. Slaking now has +2 Attack with 1 +Speed.

Turn 3->: PWN A NOOB

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, I'll go with Timid and max out the Speed. As for Crakadactyl's combination, I think it's brilliant. Thanks again :D

What type has the best coverage along with Grass? (like how Ghost/Dragon has perfect coverage with Fighting, how Electric has good coverage with Ice, & how Water has good coverage with Normal)

Hey there competitive battling dudes and dudettes! I am not one for competitive battling at all; but I have a question for all those that do:

In my time on these forums and browsing Smogon, I've read a lot about how heavily used Stealth Rock is in the current metagame.

Do any of you go out of your way to not use Stealth Rock just because it's so over-used?

Competitive battling doesn't work that way. You use things because they're effective, and if you "go out of your way" to avoid using things just because everyone else uses it, then you can't expect to be successful.

Anyways, Stealth Rock is a staple. It's so important that few teams can function without its reliable damage. If I see an RMT in singles play without them, that's abnormal. Of course, I have my own opinions on whether it should be allowed, but...yeah.

I gotta question. Should I replace Fire Punch for Earthquake on my Electivire?
Fire Punch
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch
Cross Chop

@Eonmaster: Sure

@Magnus: Yes it will. It will also survive any multi-hit moves.

What is the most efficient way to breed both Aqua Jet and Ice Punch onto a Totodile(4th gen)? I'd prefer to not waste Shards/BP if I can just breed the moves onto it. I'd use the Seedot calculator if it was compatible with HGSS egg moves, but it isn't.

Unfortunately, there is no way to breed both Aqua Jet and Ice Punch on Totodile. You'll have to tutor Ice Punch.

This, but you could kill two birds with one stone if you tutored Aqua Jet Azumarill Ice Punch and then bred Totodiles with that ;D

This, but you could kill two birds with one stone if you tutored Aqua Jet Azumarill Ice Punch and then bred Totodiles with that ;D

fuuucckkkkkkk
my aqua jet azumarill is female...(also yet to learn ice punch)
this is almost as bad as the time I learned that AquaJet+BellyDrum Azumarill is illegal(although such an Azumarill exists in Frontier)
Oh well...time to waste some shards.

EDIT: Oh, wait, Buizel doesn't learn it by breeding. Crap, sorry, then.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could easily just trade with other members in the trade forums if you're in a need for Shards.

I'm currently in college, and I'm having trouble connecting to the network here. (Some sort of authentication software error)
Anyways, it isn't as if I'm all out of shards anyways, so I'm good for now.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom