• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

depends. Both giritina forms can go defensive. If you want to use a giritina-o, you can go offensive. Giritina-o tends to be better at both, btw

How much will Fire Blast and Hydro Pump's accuracy be after the Wide Lens boost?

Also, on Serebii it says that the Wide Lens can be bought in Goldenrod/Celadon city dep. stores, but I can't find them :/ Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Edit: Nvm, I got my answers :D

I believe this goes here, but I'm not 100% sure. Anyhow, I got a Calm Mew from the event, which I'm really happy about since my friend got hardy (not that bad, though, but not good). SHould I use Smogon's pure BP set, or does anyone have any alternative sets.

Well i need some help.

Anyone have a movepool for a dragonite Ev'd in Speed and Attack?

A question... I've been seeing the term EV training (or something like that) since I first came to the forums. I do know what IV means (asked a person), but as for EV... What does that mean?
If this question belongs somewhere else, let me know. I'll move the question there.

A question... I've been seeing the term EV training (or something like that) since I first came to the forums. I do know what IV means (asked a person), but as for EV... What does that mean?
If this question belongs somewhere else, let me know. I'll move the question there.
EV stands for effort Values

I want a dragonite with a little mmore type coverage.
Mine has
DD
Dragon Claw
Thunderpunch
Aqua Tail.

Any help changing this moveset?

What you have right now isn't really necessary on Dragon Dance Dragonite because you can easily have perfect coverage with Dragon/Ground/Fire moves. I would recommend swapping ThunderPunch out for Earthquake and Aqua Tail for Fire Punch. I also prefer Outrage over Dragon Claw for much more power, but that's your decision (Outrage helps a ton against bulky Water-types, which Dragonite will inevitably be facing... but it'll probably still die to them if the bulky Waters aren't weakened enough).

ThunderPunch may help more against Gyarados and other Waters, but Outrage is generally enough damage against them so you can have more room for more coverage. Aqua Tail is kinda redundant so you can opt for a Fire move against Skarmory and Bronzong, albeit it may not do too much damage. Fire Blast is an option too to hit Skarmory on its weaker Special Defense stat, but there could be specially defensive variants out there.

I'm trying to make a Clamperl with Hidden Power Electric/Grass, but breeding it doesn't seem to work. Is it impossible to get a decent Hidden Power of these types with a 31 in SpAtk? If so, would Rock be a good type?

Hidden Power Grass: Attack and Special Attack need to be 30.

Hidden Power Electric: Special Attack needs to be 30.

And, don't go Hidden Power Rock. It doesn't help against Water-types whom Clamperl cannot deal with otherwise.

Well, best bet is to trade for one.

Hidden Power Grass: Attack and Special Attack need to be 30.

Hidden Power Electric: Special Attack needs to be 30.

And, don't go Hidden Power Rock. It doesn't help against Water-types whom Clamperl cannot deal with otherwise.

Well, best bet is to trade for one.

I'm assuming these figures are for Max power H.P., because I've ended up with an Electric 63 with max SpAtk. Thanks for the information though.

Electric can have 31 SpA with 70 power, you just won't have flawless speed.
This thread is a good resource.

Sorry, forgot to mention that the Clamperl was for a TrickRoom team. Its IV's are 22/20/22/31/31/0.

That brings up another question: For hidden power, if it comes down to choosing between a higher SpAtk IV and a stronger Hidden Power, which one is more important usually?

Last edited:
I actually think the SpD IV influences HP power most.....but I think that SpA IV is more important than Hidden Power power, because since you're typically using it for coverage, it makes no sense to have the other moves have less power. Take your Clamperl...it's preferable to have Surf hit harder if you can't have both of those things. So you should aim for high overall stats than HP power.

From the same thread I linked you to, I think this might help you:

Hidden Power IV Combinations:
*IV's are listed HP / Attack / Defense / Special Attack / Special Defense / Speed
*E = Input any of the following even numbers: (2, 6, 10, 14, 18, 22, 26, 30)
*O = Input any of the following odd numbers: (3, 7, 11, 15, 19, 23, 27, 31)
*Trick Room combinations: Just replace the Speed IV with a 2 or 3 depending if its even or odd to remain a power of 70.

Since it seems to answer many of your questions, i would personally recommend bookmarking it for future reference.

Thank you for all of your help. Sorry if my questions were basic but Hidden Power mechanics are always a hassle. They ought to make it so that if a parent holds a Plate, the child would have a Hidden Power of that type, if possible...but that's another story.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom