• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

is'nt whirlwind the move that switchs there pokemon? because if so, than that is a good idea, you use whirlwind to toxic, and you do this 'til everyone on there team is afflicticed with poison, than you use ice beam on the opponent, and than every now and again, use roost to keep him alive, aweosme moveset help, thanks

so, im working on an annoyer ninetails, heres what i got
Ninetails (200 defnese, 200 special defense, 75 HP, 75 speed) @ leftovers/destiny knot
confuse ray (who does'nt get anoyed by confuse ray? i mean its frustraing.)
toxic/ will-O-wisp (doubel the annoyance)
Energy ball/flamethrower/fire blast (something to sart using wehn you've doubled there status effects.)
Overheat/ Fire blast (you're "Mop up" or you're last resort or just somehitng to use if flamethrower/ energy ball, dont do good enoguh.)

so, im working on an annoyer ninetails, heres what i got
Ninetails (200 defnese, 200 special defense, 75 HP, 75 speed) @ leftovers/destiny knot
confuse ray (who does'nt get anoyed by confuse ray? i mean its frustraing.)
toxic/ will-O-wisp (doubel the annoyance)
Energy ball/flamethrower/fire blast (something to sart using wehn you've doubled there status effects.)
Overheat/ Fire blast (you're "Mop up" or you're last resort or just somehitng to use if flamethrower/ energy ball, dont do good enoguh.)

Explain the EV's, and Destiny Knot isn't very useful, there's a better set here. Just put Confuse Ray over one of the status moves.

I need some help on figuring out how to distribute the remaining 258 EVs in order to max out the defences(including physical and special defences) on my Drifblim. The nature of the Drifblim is Timid and already has 252 EVs in its Speed.

EDIT: Problem solved.

Last edited:
does anyone know a good set to go with armaldo?
because i want to utilize its rapid spin

Armaldo is almost always outclassed by either rhyperior/rhydon or sandslash. Sandslash has less weaknesses but the same support movepool. Rhyperior and rhydon have less weaknesses, megahorn as strong as x-sizzor, and a better secondary STAB. Its pretty much out classed in every single way.

Can we post Gen 5 teams anywhere at all? Like Blogs, because I have a bunch of teams meant to Show off.

Does Brave Bird almost always outclass Steel Wing for a Skarmory defensive set?

Does Brave Bird almost always outclass Steel Wing for a Skarmory defensive set?

I would think so. Steel is a poor attacking type and has a lot less power than Brave Bird. If you were worried about the recoil, I'd still take Drill Peck over Steel Wing (+10 in power and accuracy).

First Ev moveset: ambipom

Soooo... I just finished ev training my ambipom that I hatched from an egg, and I am wondering what might be a good moveset for it.

Stats: <-Only lvl 38 right now, btw first ever ev training by me :)
Jolly
Evs: attack, Speed
current moveset:
scratch
double hit
fake out
screech

so, If you have any recommendations for a future moveset, please post your insight :cheers:

Re: First Ev moveset: ambipom

Soooo... I just finished ev training my ambipom that I hatched from an egg, and I am wondering what might be a good moveset for it.

Stats: <-Only lvl 38 right now, btw first ever ev training by me :)
Jolly
Evs: attack, Speed
current moveset:
scratch
double hit
fake out
screech

so, If you have any recommendations for a future moveset, please post your insight :cheers:

Here is a moveset that American players would probably shy away from, but was listed on Japanese strategy wikis.

Moves:
Fake Out
Last Resort
--
--

I'd think the strategy is pretty obvious here. Just because a set is useless against Ghost types doesn't make it completely worthless. It's not like every Pokemon can get perfect coverage anyway. Besides, this set is more for the element of surprise.

As for an item, Silk Scarf is good, but Life Orb is better if nobody else is using it.

I would say dont do that, since you are walled by all rock, steel, and ghost types. Just run the standard fake out/ u turn/ low kick, taunt (for a lead) or pursuit or pay back. Taunt is to stop leads from setting up SR or spikes, where as the dark type moves let it hit ghost types. Does it have technitian as an ability?

alright, so i have this idea in my head to use a sword dancing baton passing ninjask (i use ninjask mainly for speed, the added effect is amazing attak ups with swords dance + baton pass? SCORE) but i thought of what pokemon has really low speed and with sword dance spam, would be un-stoppable, i thought of snorlax, i wouldnt use the snorlax lvl 50 given to you (or battled) mid- gmae in the kanto region of HG SS, so i decied to breed itso i could have mroe control over a better moveset And i could EV train it, (b.c i like the idea of EV training low levels, so i breed one, it was munchlax (w/ full incese held by snorlax.) and i got a careful one, havent used it yet, but maybe i could breed for better neatures for the batlte-position im putting him in,
any suggestions?
i was thinking:
Snorlax (idk good nature) @ life orb
-giga impact (give or take.)
-thunder punch
-outrage? (??? im just thinking of random moves know, arenet i?)
-superpower (idk, this is why i need help with his moves)
any help?

No Giga Impact or Outrage. Giga is just a bad move because of the recharge and Outrage should never be used unless it gets STAB. If you're going to be baton passing speed you should probably use a Jolly nature with 252 attack EVs, 252 speed EVs, and 4 HP EVs.

As for other moves, you could use Return for STAB, Earthquake, or Crunch.

well, putting speed EV's is really pointless, it wont change the outcome of who strikes first,b/c snorlax max speed is 113, cant go any higher,so Even amount of def and hp EVs spread, so i he can take more hits with more health

well, putting speed EV's is really pointless, it wont change the outcome of who strikes first,b/c snorlax max speed is 113, cant go any higher,so Even amount of def and hp EVs spread, so i he can take more hits with more health

But you're baton passing him speed boosts from Ninjask. Therefore you should invest in speed to get the most out of those boosts.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom