• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

You know, I actually played around with a BP chain like this a while back. I think you should go withÑ
Earthquake
Fire Punch
Body Slam/Return
Crunch

It works ridiculously well, since after 3 shots of Speed Boosts and one SD, with a Jolly Nature, Snorlax can usually outspeed and KO most of it's threats. SLap down Toxic Spikes support and Stealth Rock though, to beat opposing Snorlax's and Blisseys faster.

so you're saying if i were to EV train my ninjask in full speed and attack, i would have to do the same just to get a better outcome?
wouldnt the ninjask's speed be enough alone? and i could you use my lead (azelf) to set spikes and stealth rocks, than swith to ninjask (possibly after azelf has done his work, maybe explosion just to get rid of the poekmon facing it +free swap pokemon, which i than switch in ninjask and basicclly:
Ninjask used agility! (speed +)
Ninjask used swords dance (attack +)
ninjask used baton pass! pass onto snorlax than i have snorlax wreck the team with its current conidtion? awesome,

I appreciate the advice, but that doesn't he'll in my strategies?

A baton pass-receiving Snorlax seems like too much of a gimmick to be effective. If you want to use Snorlax offensively, you're better of using a Curselax or a CB set. Neither is extremely effective in today's metagame filled with fighting types, but both sets do have their uses.

so you're saying if i were to EV train my ninjask in full speed and attack, i would have to do the same just to get a better outcome?
wouldnt the ninjask's speed be enough alone? and i could you use my lead (azelf) to set spikes and stealth rocks, than swith to ninjask (possibly after azelf has done his work, maybe explosion just to get rid of the poekmon facing it +free swap pokemon, which i than switch in ninjask and basicclly:
Ninjask used swords dance (attack +)
ninjask used baton pass! pass onto snorlax than i have snorlax wreck the team with its current conidtion? awesome,

First of all, you;re forgetting about Speed Boost. And no, it'd be more like
Ninjask used Protect!
Ninjask protected itself.
ninjask used Swords Dance!
Ninjask hung on using it's Focus Sash!
Ninjask used Baton Pass!
@_Rakarei_
That's why I use Foretress. Rapid Spin and Explode.
I know that people might think it's a gimmick, but that's why it's so effective! Usually the opponent ends up brining in something like Suicune or Swampert or whatever ice move pokes they have. It doesn't work, because of Think Fat SNorlax is all and ready. THe surprise factor is what makes it work. I know in theory it sounds pathetic, but I tried it out for fun once and that team has never let me down since.

The debatable moves...

I am going to ev train a qwilfish, and I have the option of giving it either spikes or toxic spikes. as they are both equally good moves, I would like you other people to help me decide which one would be better used on a qwilfish, spikes, or toxic spikes?

Re: The debatable moves...

I'd personally go for Toxic Spikes, but then again, Spikes guarantees damage when a foe is switched in, whereas if it's Toxic Spikes, they may be holding a Pecha/Lum Berry (a problem I had with Ice Fang on Whitney's Miltank, but that's a story for another day).
But yeah, there are more items that don't prevent poison than do, so I'd pick T Spikes. The only dangers are Berries and a pokemon with an ability like Poison Heal (damn Brelooms and their cheatingness...)

Re: The debatable moves...

Spikes since they also affect Steel types. Toxic spikes also get absorbed by any toxic types to enter the field.

With the frequent switching of pokemon the poison/toxic damage is almost neglect-able.

Can anybody help with a dragon dance bagon and a fake out skitty? The bagon being modest, but let us assume a better nature, cause' I will be breeding until I get the adamant one, and fake out skitty is bashful

what help do you need? If you want someone to breed it for you you can ask in the requests area in the trade area or in a shop. BTW Jolly is a better nature for a DDmence and skitty is all but useless in competitive battling, persian and ambipom being better.

If I'm EV training and I KO a pokemon, but get KOed by recoil, do I still get the EVs or no?

No. You have to gain experience to receive EVs, so by principle if you faint, you don't get EXP and therefore no EVs.

I was looking through post 1 one of this thread and I think a few things should be added to the OP. Smogon's damage calc, x-act's defensive ev calculator, mariland's team builder, psypoke's attack type combo analysis tool, smogon's pokemon dictionary, smogon's intro to competitive batling, the warstory machine (only applicable to shoddy battle but still useful), and also the ev maximizing (not the defensive one) which I downloaded and have been using but I cant find the link.

All of those help me alot and anyone who reads through that post should see them. I think those themselves will halve the amount of unbalanced teams, and solve alot of questions people tend to have.

Ok here we go.
What move should I waste my BP on?

Outrage?
Iron Head?

These are the pokes.
Salamence_Shining_Version_by_Xous54.png

Outrage guy.
Crunch
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Fire Fang (replacing)

Shiny_Jirachi_by_CoOKiE_Of_DEwM.png

Iron Head guy
Doom Desire (replacing)
Thunder Wave
Ice Punch
Fire Punch.

Suggestions?

Outrage / DD / EQ form the basis of the dreaded DDMence set. The last slot depends on what you want. If you want a more defensive, longer lasting Mence, Roost is a good candidate for the last slot. Fire Blast usually completes offensive variants because it helps you punch through steels. A small percentage of people run Dragon Claw in the last slot for some more reliable STAB to attack with without locking yourself into Outrage.....personally, I think it's worth consideration.

On Jirachi, Iron Head over Doom Desire, no contest. Since I'm assuming you want a flinchhax Jirachi, Thunderpunch > Thunder Wave if you have the BP for it.

this probably seems like the noobish question.

If I Trick an item in the Battle Tower or online play will I lose it?

I'm pretty sure that any items lost to Knock Off/Trick etc are returned to you at the end of any battle, regardless of where it is.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom