• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Not sure that this is the right place to ask that, but Ice Punch is a gen IV tutor move, and the other two are egg moves.. here are the parents for Aqua Jet, and here are the parents for Dragon Dance.

In gen 4, you would have to breed a Dragonite with Aqua jet, and breed that, after it learns dragon dance, with totodile. Ice punch is a tutor move in gen 4.

Is it a good strategy to use a Drought Vulpix and a Drought Ninetails on the same team?

In theory, yes, but Ninetales is as much of a liability as it is.

It's only used for Drought, it's outclassed in everything but Drought.

Keep in mind, Vulpix is so terribly frail, being NFE (not trying to generalize here), that something like Hippowdon would completely and utterly shut down your strategy, since it'll start sandstorm and Vulpix will be weak to it. Ninetales, after a Nasty Plot, may be able to use Energy Ball, but I can't imagine Vulpix being able to do much.

What pokemon can utilize eviolite well? I've seen Chansey and Magneton use it quiet well but besides those two I have no idea who can benefit from it. Any idea's?

What pokemon can utilize eviolite well? I've seen Chansey and Magneton use it quiet well but besides those two I have no idea who can benefit from it. Any idea's?

Porygon2 works insanely good with Eviolite because of it can both take alot of hits with it's Evolite boosted defenses and deal a good amount of damage using the Bolt-beam combo and also has reliable recovery. Also it has good support moves such as Trick Room and Thunder Wave.

Dusclops works well too having 130 in both Def/Sp.Def and having some pretty good support moves but the only let down is that it's attack is poor so you have to use Toxic, Pain Split or Night Shade to do any damage.

Another great Pokemon for Eviolite is Rhydon because it has extremely good Def,Atk and HP but its other stats are bad and it's typing is not good for defense ether. Other then that it has a good move pool and also can work well under a sandstorm with Eviolite.

Last edited:
Seeing as my last idea was a complete disaster, I've been thinking about a (call me crazy) 5/6 Fire-Type team. Now, I know that Stealth Rock is still around, so my question is, what turn do people usually set up Stealth Rock?

Seeing as my last idea was a complete disaster, I've been thinking about a (call me crazy) 5/6 Fire-Type team. Now, I know that Stealth Rock is still around, so my question is, what turn do people usually set up Stealth Rock?

Usually the first turns possible. And yes a monotype team (especially fire) will crash and burn. Sorry to mock your idea but thats the truth :S

That's OK, I was just thinking outside the box, based on an idea involving Flareon, Flame Charge, Baton Pass, and Camerupt, with an Octillery in there for coverage.

Soooo, new question. Any good Trick Room users out there?

That's OK, I was just thinking outside the box, based on an idea involving Flareon, Flame Charge, Baton Pass, and Camerupt, with an Octillery in there for coverage.

Reuniclus works extremely well with Trick Room and can punch huge holes into teams when it has Trick Room up and also Porygon2,Chandelure and Slowking/Slowbro work very well too.

Plenty! Some good users of Trick Room are Slowbro, Bronzong and Reinculus and any other slow psychic type out there.

Wait, does Porygon2 learn it in BW? Because I'm considering adding it.

EDIT: Nevermind, saw that it's still a TM in BW. Off to the drawing board for me, then.

Last edited:
I have a question about my new trick room team.

I have this Sassy Regice so im not expecting his speed to be great so im going to carry Thunder Wave (like any other Regice user)

My question is this. If I use Thunder Wave when Trick Room is up will I end up being outsped?

I have a question about my new trick room team.

I have this Sassy Regice so im not expecting his speed to be great so im going to carry Thunder Wave (like any other Regice user)

My question is this. If I use Thunder Wave when Trick Room is up will I end up being outsped?

It depends on which Pokemon's speed stat is lower after paralysis takes affect. If your Pokemon's speed is less than one-fourth of your opponent's Pokemon's original speed, you'll go first under Trick Room conditions. If not, your opponent will go first.

I have a Pupitar with Dragon Dance, Outrage, Stone Edge, and Earthquake. I want to teach it Crunch, but I can't decide whether I should get rid of Earthquake or Outrage. I'm leaning towards keeping Earthquake but I can't get Outrage back if I change my mind later, so I figured I'd get a second opinion.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom