• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Sure, why not :p

You could try a Bulk Up set. You could do something like Bulk Up / Slack Off or Encore / 2 Attacks. Vigoroth does get Sucker Punch, which is nice. For STAB he has Return or Body Slam. He also gets his fair share of Fighting moves. You could forego on the Slack Off for more coverage. I don't know what would be best since I've never tried it. For EVs you could either invest in attack and speed and be very offensive, or invest more in hp/SpD to try and get several Bulk Ups and pick faster threats off with Sucker Punch.

Try Gurdurr, he works.

Thanks for your answers, that Bulk up set sounds good. I would go with Gurdurr, but it bugs me :p Thanks anyway!

Anyone have data on the IV's and EV spreads of Pokemon in the battle subway?

Are all Pokemon there perfect IV's?

Also, when the egg is formed at the daycare, what exactly is already determined? Just the nature, or are IV's fixed too? And what of the ability?

Last edited:
Anyone have data on the IV's and EV spreads of Pokemon in the battle subway?

Are all Pokemon there perfect IV's?

Also, when the egg is formed at the daycare, what exactly is already determined? Just the nature, or are IV's fixed too? And what of the ability?

I can't answer the first one, but with the Egg the SID, Nature, Ability, Gender, are all fixed. I don't know if the IVs are set. The ID and OT are set when its hatched

Thanks for the information you could provide, that would make breeding for a good IV's marvel scale Dratini with the right nature much easier if IV's are still variable.

EDIT:

Okay, so everything went back to how RS formed eggs, not just the way IV's are passed. I soft-reset hatched an egg (saved before obtaining from day-care man) and the gender, and nature have become variable.

Last edited:
@Zoroark18

Please use this thread the next time you need the answer to a simple question.

Take a look here for Chandelure movesets. The Substitute set is probably Chandelure's best moveset in the current metagame.

Help me find good move set

Help, I need to find a great moveset for a physical Zoroark and I am stuck :banghead:

Re: Help me find good move set

This will get moved to the Simple Questions thread, but how about:

Adamant/Jolly nature @ Life Orb
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~Swords Dance
~Sucker Punch
~Night Slash
~Low Sweep

If you're worried about Heracross you could use Aerial Ace over one of the dark moves, but that would generally not be very useful. Even though Zoroark gets all kinds of physical Dark type moves...he gets almost nothing else unfortunately. You could also do Choice Band with Sucker Punch / Night Slash / Low Sweep / U-Turn...but I think Swords dance would be better.

Have I raised my Volcarona's Sp. Atk too high, and that's why I can't get it's def to rise?

Lv: 59

HP: 207
Atk: 76
Defence: 97
Sp.Atk: 237
Sp.Def:131
Speed: 140

Have I raised my Volcarona's Sp. Atk too high, and that's why I can't get it's def to rise?

Volcarona's defense is horrible anyway. The higher the spatk the better. While playing with volcarona, your objective should be to use a quiver dance and sweep. Just keep volcarona away from rock attacks or choice banded attacks, and that defense will be remedied.

Clowncrete is right, Volcarona's defense isn't worth trying to boost, but I just thought I'd point out that in order for us to tell you its Effort Values, you would also need to tell us your Volcarona's IVs and Nature.

3 questions i am thinking of building a team just purely on electric pokemon any suggestion? so far i come up with electivre,electross(eel), jolteon, note no legendary pokemon. as for jolteon i dont know if i should get a dw jolteon or volt absorb?

Clowncrete is right, Volcarona's defense isn't worth trying to boost, but I just thought I'd point out that in order for us to tell you its Effort Values, you would also need to tell us your Volcarona's IVs and Nature.

I don't know it's IV's, but its nature is Modest. I'll try an IV calculator.

3 questions i am thinking of building a team just purely on electric pokemon any suggestion? so far i come up with electivre,electross(eel), jolteon, note no legendary pokemon. as for jolteon i dont know if i should get a dw jolteon or volt absorb?
Eelektross
Electivire
Jolteon (either/or, but Quick Feet is more effective)
Magnezone
Galvantula
Rotom (any form except Mow) or Luxray

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom