• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

I've been working on this team and I got
Scizor
Arial Ace
X-Scissor
Iron Head
Roost/(maybe switching to Brick Break)

Gallade
Night Slash
Leaf Blade
Psycho Cut
Close Combat

Garchomp
Fire Fang
EQ
Stone Edge
Outrage

Haxzorous
X-Scissor
Brick Break
Outrage
EQ

Archeops
EQ
Acrobatics
Stone Edge
Dragon Claw

and
Chandelure
Flamethrower
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Psychic
I'm kinda working on EVS and I've been breeding my pokemon to have at least decent IVs and Trying to get 31s in atk for all but Chandelure, I was also thinking of switching one of my pokemon for an empoleon, Idk much about competitive battling though. I'll take whatever suggestions/praises/insults I can get thnx. I was also wondering if I should use a 9mm or shotgun when I kill myself cause I know this all sucks ass.

Last edited:
I've been working on this team and I got
Scizor
Arial Ace
X-Scissor
Iron Head
Roost/(maybe switching to Brick Break)

Gallade
Night Slash
Leaf Blade
Psycho Cut
Close Combat

Garchomp
Fire Fang
EQ
Stone Edge
Outrage

Haxzorous
X-Scissor
Brick Break
Outrage
EQ

Archeops
EQ
Acrobatics
Stone Edge
Dragon Claw

and
Chandelure
Flamethrower
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Psychic
I'm kinda working on EVS and I've been breeding my pokemon to have at least decent IVs and Trying to get 31s in atk for all but Chandelure, I was also thinking of switching one of my pokemon for an empoleon, Idk much about competitive battling though. I'll take whatever suggestions/praises/insults I can get thnx. I was also wondering if I should use a 9mm or shotgun when I kill myself cause I know this all sucks ass.

The fact that you're using Garchomp makes this team look like an Ubers team. If that's the case, then there are much better Pokémon that you can use over pretty much all of the others. If this team isn't meant for the Ubers tier, then get rid of Garchomp.

did I forget to mention I don't know shit about competitive battling? I was thinking however of getting rid of Garchomp & Archeops

Does Infiltrator work through Protect (it is a form of barrier-type-thing)?

Does Shed Shell allow you to switch out damage free when the opponent uses Pursuit?

Well, that sucks. Thanks for answering, though.

Ninetales Moveset help

Well, sometime this month, I'm supposed to have a battle with a friend. We're going to have a battle where we only use Ninetales. I'm just curious as to how and go about with this. I know there would be many good movesets to put onto my Ninetales. This isn't a competitive battle, but rather just a battle for fun, so it's nothing too serious.

Here's the info on my Ninetales, as of now:

Name: Winter (Shiny) (Pokerus cured)
Level: 64
Nature: Bold (Somewhat Vain)
Ability: Flash Fire

Stats
HP: 203
Attack: 105
Defense: 146
Special Attack: 123
Special Defense: 152
Speed: 162

Attacks
Flamethrower
Extrasensory
Confuse Ray
Safeguard

Is there any specific movesets that would work for this Ninetales?

Re: Ninetales Moveset help

Hmm, I don't know, but what about Thunderbolt? If your lucky with accruassy, then you could go for Thunder and Fire Blast. Keep Confuse Ray, because...I don't know, but just keep it. Get rid of Safeguard, I think it's just a weak move. If you have it, instead give it a Lum Berry. Plus you could always go fer Psychic I think. Is this battle with just 1 (one) Nintails?

Hmm, I don't know, but what about Thunderbolt? If your lucky with accruassy, then you could go for Thunder and Fire Blast. Keep Confuse Ray, because...I don't know, but just keep it. Get rid of Safeguard, I think it's just a weak move. If you have it, instead give it a Lum Berry. Plus you could always go fer Psychic I think. Is this battle with just 1 (one) Nintails?

I think you have a different Pokemon in mind. ._.

Well, I do know that Nasty Plot is often recommended. Maybe Energy Ball too. ^^;

If both you AND your friend are going to use Ninetales, I'd see if you have Hidden Power Rock, Ground, or Water.

Try using Psyshock, it'll hit your opponent's Ninetales on it's weaker Defence stat.

Alternatively, Dig could also work despite being a "telegraphed" move since it's a 1 on 1 battle. Ninetales' Attack is awful, but then so is it's Defence (usually).

If both you AND your friend are going to use Ninetales, I'd see if you have Hidden Power Rock, Ground, or Water.

I actually hadn't thought about that. I'll try that out and see how it works. Thank you. ^^

@Scarlet Sky: That is also a possibility.

@Winterdaze: Yeah, but due to my Ninetales' nature, I would be afraid that Dig would be weaker since Attack is lowered with the Bold nature.

Timid max speed w/ Hypnosis

GG

Also, this belongs in the SQSA thread @Octy. I'm moving it there.

OK, so I need some help with EV's because I'm horrible with them. Here's what it is:

279.png
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

252 HP / xxx Def / xxx Spe
Rain Dish | Bold
Hurricane
Scald
Roost
Toxic/Knock Off/Stockpile (I guess this is mostly filler...)

How should I assign the Defence and Speed EV's? I doubt it will be useful in OU, but that's the only place there's perma-rain. But still, Pelipper is Base 65 Spe, so how much Speed should I invest to outspeed anything useful? It is only meant to be a wall (maybe not a very good one, but w/e) so I know there's no point in max spe, and it does need to use that base 100 defence to be of any use at all. If it max Def is best, then I'll just do that.

And, if I wanted to run a set like this:

279.png
Bag_Life_Orb_Sprite.png

252 Sp.Atk / xxx Spe
Rain Dish | Modest
Hurricane
Hydro Pump/Surf
HP Grass
Roost/Agility

How much Speed would I need here? I thought maybe max/max, but at Base 65 Spe, I don't know if there's any point in running that much and some HP would be nice. Max Sp.Atk is a must, though.

Water/Flying actually has good coverage, just missing out on Rotom-W, Lanturn and Empoleon, I believe. So HP Grass is for Rotom-W and Lanturn, but I suppose I could use Ground for Emp + Lanturn (who aren't that common and Rotom-W would be a bigger pain in the ass, but Pelipper can't take an attack from it anyway, so neither is that good, I guess).

The last slot I'm unsure on. Roost would be nice to heal off any damage and Life Orb recoil, but Rain Dish already gives some healing. Agility would give me some speed to smack stuff with rain boosted STAB Hydro Pump and perfect accuracy STAB Hurricane.

Any thoughts about both sets - mainly their EV's? I know Pelipper isn't very good. But still. :p

Run 68 Speed EVs on both to outspeed 24 Speed Skarmory and max Wobbuffett. The first spread spread should be 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 Spd and the second should be something like 184 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 68 Spd.

Are EVs like "Extra Stats?" Like it's only for that level? Like if I gained 4 EVs on Level 3, when I level up, I'll get one (1) more point on that stat just on that level?

Run 68 Speed EVs on both to outspeed 24 Speed Skarmory and max Wobbuffett. The first spread spread should be 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 Spd and the second should be something like 184 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 68 Spd.

Thanks, man. I suck at EV's. :)

Sorry if this is in the wrong location, but I saw someone do something like me right here...
I need help on this team:

Pokémon: Feraligatr
Ability: Torrent
Held Item: Damp Rock
Nickname: Felix
Moveset: Waterfall (Water-type move), Swords Dance (Normal-type move), Rain Dance (Water-type move) and Crunch (Dark-type move)

Pokémon: Sceptile
Ability: Overgrow
Held Item: Leftovers
Nickname: Sally
Moveset: Swords Dance (Normal-type move), Leaf Blade (Grass-type move), Leaf Storm (Grass-type move) and Earthquake (Ground-type move)

Pokémon: Charizard
Ability: Blaze
Held Item: Life Orb
Nickname: Charlie
Moveset: Flare Blitz (Fire-type move), Fire Blast (Fire-type move), Air Slash (Flying-type move) and Roost (Flying-type move)

Pokémon: Togekiss
Ability: Hustle
Held Item: Wide Lens
Nickname: Tommy
Moveset: Sky Attack (Flying-type move), Water Pulse (Water-type move), Aura Sphere (Fighting-type move) and Air Slash (Flying-type move)

Pokémon: Rhyperior
Ability: Solid Rock
Held Item: Muscle Band
Nickname: Hornlette
Moveset: Earthquake (Ground-type move), Megahorn (Bug-type move), Stone Edge (Rock-type move) and Thunder Fang (Electric-type move)

Pokémon: Electivire
Ability: Motor Drive
Held Item: Expert Belt
Nickname: Edward
Moveset: Fire Punch (Fire-type move), Ice Punch (Ice-type move),
Thunderbolt (Electric-type move) and Thunder (Electric-type move)

So, I would need some information on which tier would this team be located in (some people use tiers...) and tell me if there are some useless moves in this team and tell me the recommended move to replace the useless move you said (they're not trained specially, I just care about leveling them up). And one additional question...
If I were to receive a Machop with HP Dark 70 and I evolved it to Machamp, should I replace a move? If I should, which move should be replaced?
This is my move set for Machamp (it's just a plan for now):

Pokémon: Machamp
Ability: No Guard
Nickname: Milo
Moveset: DynamicPunch (Fighting-type move), Earthquake (Ground-type move), Stone Edge (Rock-type move) and Bulk Up (Fighting-type move)

So, I would need some information on which tier would this team be located in (some people use tiers...)

Due to this team having two Pokémon in the UU tier - Togekiss and Rhyperior - this team would be classed as a UU team. The other four Pokémon are from the RU tier,
the tier below UU.

and tell me if there are some useless moves in this team and tell me the recommended move to replace the useless move you said (they're not trained specially, I just care about leveling them up).

Seeing as you just want to teach them moves and level them up, they won't have amazingly good sets, due to them not being able to learn Egg Moves, but I'll try.

Feraligatr - Waterfall, Swords Dance, Earthquake and Crunch.
Sceptile - Swords Dance, Leaf Blade, Rock Slide and Earthquake.
Charizard - Focus Blast, Fire Blast/Flamethrower, Air Slash and Roost.
Togekiss - Work Up, Extremespeed, Aura Sphere and Air Slash.
Rhyperior - Earthquake, Megahorn, Stone Edge and Avalanche.
Electivire - Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Wild Charge and Brick Break.

Your team looks like it would obviously be lacking attackers from the Special side of the spectrum, so I'd really recommend having a more specially-based Sceptile. Its Special Attack is higher than its Attack stat anyway. But, seeing as the Hidden Power for your Pokémon might be horrible, you could use a Mixed set.

Sceptile - Brick Break, Giga Drain, Leaf Storm and Rock Slide.

Giga Drain could be replaced with Swords Dance if you really want, I guess.

And one additional question...
If I were to receive a Machop with HP Dark 70 and I evolved it to Machamp, should I replace a move? If I should, which move should be replaced?
This is my move set for Machamp (it's just a plan for now):

Pokémon: Machamp
Ability: No Guard
Nickname: Milo
Moveset: DynamicPunch (Fighting-type move), Earthquake (Ground-type move), Stone Edge (Rock-type move) and Bulk Up (Fighting-type move)

Having no Egg Moves really hurts this guy.

Machamp - DynamicPunch, Earthquake, Stone Edge and Payback.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom