• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

I have a problem. I've tried to breed a female moxie Bagon with a male Bagon that has the move "Outrage" from PKMN Black 2 Version. So far, the offspring can learn "Dragon Dance" no problem,but it was unable to learn "Outrage". Did I done something wrong?

Not an Egg move. You'll need to breed it in Gen 5 then transfer. Pokemon stopped learning tutor and TMs/HMs through breeding.

I did bred it as it learn the move "Dragon Dance", and then have the move tutor to learn "Outrage" on the male Bagon before I transfer to Pokemon Y. After I did that, then it didn't know the move "Outrage".

From my understanding you bred it in XY which is why it doesn't know Outrage as Tutor moves and TMs/HMs aren't breedable

I see. Now I understand. Thank you for the answer TerraTF. I think that Dragon Claw is a better STAB move for Salamence of this gen than Outrage anyway. Once it used Outrage, and when the opponent which out for the steel or fairy type pokemon,then it will be bad as it will get confused.

I see. Now I understand. Thank you for the answer TerraTF. I think that Dragon Claw is a better STAB move for Salamence of this gen than Outrage anyway. Once it used Outrage, and when the opponent which out for the steel or fairy type pokemon,then it will be bad as it will get confused.

You are 100% correct with that. Getting up a DD and then sweeping with Dragon Claw. Just have to be careful with Ice Shard.

You are 100% correct with that. Getting up a DD and then sweeping with Dragon Claw. Just have to be careful with Ice Shard.

Right. When Salamence faces the Ice Types, then Fire Blast will be ready for 'em. As well as Earthquake to take care of the Fairy-types. Either one of the can take out the Steel-types.

Suggestions for Getting HP Fire?

So as of this post I have 3 boxes full of Ralts, none of which have managed to get Hidden Power fire (although there's no shortage of ice and bug...). So does anybody have any ideas that might help me? Right now I have 2 Gardevoir's (one of which is Diantha's) with the male Gardevoir equipped with an Everstone so that it can pass down Timid.

Re: Suggestions for Getting HP Fire?

Well, if you are sure you're doing everything correctly, you will eventually get it. HP breeding is an atrociously long process, so 3 boxes is not the limit.
If you're not sure you're doing everething correctly, then, basically, you have to put non-31 IVs on the pokemon one by one, get a poke with max HP Fire-compatible IVs, and then do everything all over again with an Everstone and Destiny Knot to get the nature.

Hidden Power's type is determined based on the IV spread of each Pokemon so getting the right type can be a chore sometimes.

I think the optimal IV spread for HP Fire is 31/30/31/30/30/31 so try manipulating inherited IVs through the Power items to stack things in your favor, eventually working your way to a Destiny Knot.

I think the optimal IV spread for HP Fire is 31/30/31/30/30/31 so try manipulating inherited IVs through the Power items to stack things in your favor, eventually working your way to a Destiny Knot.

Since it's a Ralts it wouldn't need the 30 in Attack, any even numbered Attack IV would do it, as it won't be using it. Also HP Fire requires an even Speed. So 31/even/31/30/31/30 would be best for a Gardevoir.

:dumb:

Well I can't say I'm surprised... But, oh well. Just one more question though, will Pixillate turn HP fire into a Fairy move? I know it's not technically a Normal type move but I haven't tested it with Mega Gardevoir yet.

Nah, Pixilate doesn't affect Hidden Power. If you manage to get a HP Fire Gardevoir, it will still be Fire when used by Mega Gardevoir.

Since it's a Ralts it wouldn't need the 30 in Attack, any even numbered Attack IV would do it, as it won't be using it. Also HP Fire requires an even Speed. So 31/even/31/30/31/30 would be best for a Gardevoir.

Wait a second... Either I'm reading this wrong or this spread gives HP Bug (1+0+4+0+16+0)*15/63 = 5.

Wait a second... Either I'm reading this wrong or this spread gives HP Bug (1+0+4+0+16+0)*15/63 = 5.

Nah, it definitely gives HP Fire.

Psypoke Tools :: Hidden Power Calculator

Fire313031303031

That's in the order of HP/Atk/Def/Speed/Sp.Atk/Sp.Def, whereas I listed it HP/Atk/Def/Sp.Atk/Sp.Def/Speed since that's the order most people use.

Nah, it definitely gives HP Fire.

Psypoke Tools :: Hidden Power Calculator

Fire313031303031

That's in the order of HP/Atk/Def/Speed/Sp.Atk/Sp.Def, whereas I listed it HP/Atk/Def/Sp.Atk/Sp.Def/Speed since that's the order most people use.

Thanks for clearing that up then. So recalculating it would be (1+0+4+0+32+0)*15/63 which results in 8 when floored!

Ninjask @ Leftovers/Mental Herb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP/ 234 Def/ 24 Speed
Nature: Jolly
-Protect
-Baton Pass
-Substitute
-Sword Dance/Hone Claws

Hello everyone. I was thinking of having a Ninjask to help out the team by passing its speed to the next member with the move Baton Pass. First I might have to use Protect in case that it would be attacked,slept,frozen,poisoned,paralyzed,burned,or flinched by Fake-Out. Then it will start boosting its speed. Next I'll use substitute give it some time. While Leftovers is in play, I can start use Sword Dance to boost its Attack. In case that it got caught by one of the status moves,then Mental Herb might do the thing. Or use Hone Claws to boost its attack and accuracy for those two have the move that has the shaky accuracy like Stone Edge. I could give a Ninjask the Evs of 252 in Speed to pick up the speed even faster. But since it already got high speed on its base stat, I thought of giving it 24 ev for speed might be enough. Back to the planning. Once it got enough speed,the attack,and/or accuracy boosts then I can pass it on to one of the sweepers. And if I were to pass it on the SB Blaziken,then I give it like two or more turns to increase its attack,and the accuracy along with the Speed Boost. Then I can pass it on to the Speed Boost Blaze,and then it will start sweeping the opposing team while boosting its speed at the same time with his own ability. What's your opinion about the speedy bug-type pokemon?

I've found at from the Smogon Website. But I decided to have the different nature.

Always Jolly. Always @Focus Sash because Ninjask is so frail. Always carry X-Scissor because it still hits like hell at +2 no matter what. Plus X-Scissor helps with Taunt. Drop Sub for X-Scissor. Sub sets are much worse this gen because of Infiltrator.

Always Jolly. Always @Focus Sash because Ninjask is so frail. Always carry X-Scissor because it still hits like hell at +2 no matter what. Plus X-Scissor helps with Taunt. Drop Sub for X-Scissor. Sub sets are much worse this gen because of Infiltrator.

Hmm. Indeed that Focus Sash does helps the pokemon from getting hit in one move. An attack move does help against the Taunters. Does anyone agree with TerraTF about the moveset of Ninjask or having a different opinion? I'm asking because Mye from Serebii Forums seems to like the idea. And I can't afford to mess it up.

Source: Mye's post

Hmm. Indeed that Focus Sash does helps the pokemon from getting hit in one move. An attack move does help against the Taunters. Does anyone agree with TerraTF about the moveset of Ninjask or having a different opinion? I'm asking because Mye from Serebii Forums seems to like the idea. And I can't afford to mess it up.

Why all the Serebii Forums? Everyone there has been terrible for about a year now.

Why all the Serebii Forums? Everyone there has been terrible for about a year now.

Do you not like the Serebii Forums? They seem to have good ideas for battling when I searching for more intelligence. Do you fought them in the pokemon battle before?

Do you not like the Serebii Forums? They seem to have good ideas for battling when I searching for more intelligence. Do you fought them in the pokemon battle before?

Fought most of them before I got banned and after I got banned. They're all terrible and are in what is basically a communism state.

They're pooling all of their resources together to divide amongst each other according to their needs? o_O

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom