• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

I finished the HP Ice Mane, gonna move onto Pyroar next. Is HP Grass or HP Ground better on it? Its only usable attacks are like Fire Blast, Hyper Voice, Dark Pulse and Hidden Power, iirc.

It really comes down to whether you want to hit Gastrodon and Co. harder or Heatran. Your neutral STABs hit harder than a super effective Hidden Power so only 4x weaknesses and things that resist those STABs are relevant.

Imo HP Grass would be better if you're going for a 4 attacks set, but if you want a moveslot for something else (like Sub or something) then HP Ground gives better 3 move coverage.

I finished the HP Ice Mane, gonna move onto Pyroar next. Is HP Grass or HP Ground better on it? Its only usable attacks are like Fire Blast, Hyper Voice, Dark Pulse and Hidden Power, iirc.

It really comes down to whether you want to hit Gastrodon and Co. harder or Heatran. Your neutral STABs hit harder than a super effective Hidden Power so only 4x weaknesses and things that resist those STABs are relevant.

Imo HP Grass would be better if you're going for a 4 attacks set, but if you want a moveslot for something else (like Sub or something) then HP Ground gives better 3 move coverage.

Hyper Voice is neutral STAB on the Water/Ground crew, so I would personally go for HP Ground as Heatran walls your STAB completely.

Kyurem-N is UU, so I can see that he might have made a mistake.
And Diggersby is BL, not BL2.

Yes, that was it! I knew SOME Kyurem or whatever was in UU. (*never played Gen V back in the day and is unfamiliar with the legendaries*).

Diggersby was banned from OU?! I gotta check this out, he's never remotely seemed like a good Pokemon to me.

Kyurem-N is UU, so I can see that he might have made a mistake.
And Diggersby is BL, not BL2.

Yes, that was it! I knew SOME Kyurem or whatever was in UU. (*never played Gen V back in the day and is unfamiliar with the legendaries*).

Diggersby was banned from OU?! I gotta check this out, he's never remotely seemed like a good Pokemon to me.

BL is the banlist between UU and OU

Uhm, no. It goes...

Uber
BL
OU
BL2
UU
RU
NU
NFE
LC Ubers
LC

And Gen V even had BL3 between RU and NU.

Last edited:
Yeah it's

Uber (playable banlist)
OU (playable tier)
BL (banlist)
UU (playable tier)
BL2 (banlist)
RU (Playable beta)
NU (Playable alpha)

Uhm, no. It goes...

Uber
BL
OU
BL2
UU
RU
NU
NFE
LC Ubers
LC

You must be talking Pokemon Online tiers. Everyone else is talking about Smogon tiers

I'm talking about Pokemon Showdown, which is Smogon's thing. You're right, though, BL is between OU and UU there :/ Coulda sworn there was something between Uber and OU. I'm sure there was in a past generation.

Uhm, no. It goes...

Uber
BL
OU
BL2
UU
RU
NU
NFE
LC Ubers
LC

You must be talking Pokemon Online tiers. Everyone else is talking about Smogon tiers

I'm talking about Pokemon Showdown, which is Smogon's thing. You're right, though, BL is between OU and UU there :/ Coulda sworn there was something between Uber and OU. I'm sure there was in a past generation.

Uber is a banlist. It wouldn't make sense to have a banlist between a tier and a banlist.

Uhm, no. It goes...

Uber
BL
OU
BL2
UU
RU
NU
NFE
LC Ubers
LC

Uber is a banlist. It wouldn't make sense to have a banlist between a tier and a banlist.

Its called Battle Spot

Sure it would! For Pokemon that are too strong for OU but not strong enough for Ubers.

All those things you listed are playable on Pokemon Showdown, though. You can make an Uber team or a BL2 team or whatevs.

Sure it would! For Pokemon that are too strong for OU but not strong enough for Ubers.

All those things you listed are playable on Pokemon Showdown, though. You can make an Uber team or a BL2 team or whatevs.

There is no such thing as 'too strong for OU but not strong enough for Ubers' because Ubers is defined as 'everything too strong for OU'. What you're suggesting is akin to putting a banlist between UU and BL. And BL and BL2 are not playable, they're banlists. If you want to use a BL Pokémon, you have to do so in OU.

The tier list actually goes
Illegal (a.k.a. Hackmons)
Uber (Playable banlist)
OU (Playable tier)
BL (Banlist, not playable on Showdown!)
UU (Playable tier)
BL2 (Banlist, not playable on Showdown!)
RU (Playable beta)
BL3 (Banlist, not playable on Showdown!, not existent yet)
NU (Playable alpha)
BL4 (Banlist, not playable on Showdown!, not existent yet)
PU (Planned tier, does not exist yet)
BL5 (Banlist, not playable on Showdown!(Before PU is formed, everything in this banlist must be used in NU or above))
Middle Cup (Playable tier)
Little Cup Ubers (Playable banlist)
Little Cup (Playable tier)
Little Cup UU (Playable tier)

And that's smogon's tier list. From Hackmons all the way down to LC UU.

Hackmons, Muddle Cup, LC Ubers, LC UU and PU are not actual tiers, they're OMs (Other Metagames) - playable and supported on Smogon but not official. In addition, while LC is an official tier, it is not part of the main tierlist as there is no correlation between NU usage and LC legality. As such, BL4 and BL5 will not ever exist in their own official capacities, although I'm sure PU will have its own banlist that can be seen as an "unofficial" BL4 (iirc Articuno and using more than one 'mon with Knock Off are currently banned from PU). Also, there is no guarantee that BL3 will ever exist because half the time it doesn't, and everything beneath RU is just dumped into NU (it is likely, though, as Smogon has been trying to avoid OU-centrism and work on other tiers equally recently - that's why Jynx and Scolipede were banned from Gen V NU not too long ago even though that gen is already over). As such, your tierlist from Ubers down to NU is correct, but the top and bottom are all OMs or a separate, isolated tier (LC).

Not sure if this is out of place, if it is do let me know.

What would be recommended for a competitive physical attack Emboar,
Adamant +Atk -SpAtk
or
Jolly +Spd -SpAtk?

For a Scarf Emboar you'll want Jolly. For a Choice Band set you want Adamant. And for Expert Belt you want Rash.

Ideas for 3 Male 6IV 1 Timid and 2 Adamant H/A Eevee

I recently obtained a Male 6IV Timid Eevee with its hidden ability Anticipation from a batch of 60 eggs. (Was breeding for a Female Eevee with 5-6IVs to become a Sylveon.)

It has Tickle, Tail Whip, Covet and Charm as moves.

The thing is, I am not sure what to do with it. So does anyone have and ideas or suggestions

Update:
I just hatched a male 6IV Adamant H/A Eevee, and I am equally in the dark about what to do with him. Any suggestions with it as well?

Update:
I just hatched ANOTHER male 6IV Adamant H/A Eevee! I am on a roll!

Last edited:
Re: Ideas for a Male 6IV Timid H/A Eevee

Moved to Battle Centre, since this thread is for battling advice.

Timid Eevee-->Jolteon, no question really.

Yup, as GB said, it's Joleton.
Only one Eevelution relies on Speed, and it's Jolteon.
Anticipation, though... it's not great, as it will become Quick Feet upon evolution.
Jolteon prefers Volt Absorb, obviously.
However, abscence of Volt Absorb doesn't make Jolteon useless (it doesn't rely on it anyway - it's for switches into electric moves), so go and get dat Thunder Stone. :D

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom