• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Re: Ideas for a Male 6IV Timid H/A Eevee

I'd say Espeon would be the best choice, as Jolteon much prefers Volt Absorb while Magic Bounce Espeon has some noteworthy sets that use a Timid nature. Dual Screens in particular likes the extra speed to put up the screens before being attacked.

Interesting, I do agree that Jolteon is best with Volt Absorb. I mean Quick Feet might be ok if it gets a status ailment...but from past experience, an Eevultion with any status ailment if a death sentence in battle. Its like being a redshirt on the enterprise.

A Speedy Espeon with Magic Bounce does sounds very intriguing.

But for sake of argument, are the other Eevutions unable to benefit from being timid?

To answer that last question, yes. Anyways, I've seen some people use Quick Feet Volt Switch Jolteon paired with Dugtrio to eliminate Scarf Ditto flawlessly. So it does have certain uses.

I'm gonna have to go with everyone else. Go Jolteon. If it had Wish on it I'd go for an Espeon but since it doesn't Jolteon will be fine.

To answer that last question, yes. Anyways, I've seen some people use Quick Feet Volt Switch Jolteon paired with Dugtrio to eliminate Scarf Ditto flawlessly. So it does have certain uses.

People use Ditto for something more than a baby daddy? O,o; How common is it to run into them in online battles?

By the way, I just hatched a male 6IV Adamant H/A Eevee, and I am equally in the dark about what to do with him. Any suggestions with it?

I'm gonna have to go with everyone else. Go Jolteon. If it had Wish on it I'd go for an Espeon but since it doesn't Jolteon will be fine.

What about a Espeon with Tickle and Psyshock, wouldn't that be a tough little cookie?

By the way, I just hatched a male 6IV Adamant H/A Eevee, and I am equally in the dark about what to do with him. Any suggestions with it?

People use Ditto for something more than a baby daddy? O,o; How common is it to run into them in online battles?

What about a Espeon with Tickle and Psyshock, wouldn't that be a tough little cookie?

A Ditto with Imposter and holding a Choice Scarf allows it to copy an opponent's strong Pokemon (along with any stat boosts it has) and hit back faster.

I'm partial towards dual screen Espeon because of Magic Bounce though a Jolteon would be fine too though Volt Absorb has more practical use. As for the Adamant Eevee I'd suggest trying Leafeon and play it on a sun team to take advantage of Chlorophyll. Another option would be Guts Flareon.

A Ditto with Imposter and holding a Choice Scarf allows it to copy an opponent's strong Pokemon (along with any stat boosts it has) and hit back faster.

I'm partial towards dual screen Espeon because of Magic Bounce though a Jolteon would be fine too though Volt Absorb has more practical use. As for the Adamant Eevee I'd suggest trying Leafeon and play it on a sun team to take advantage of Chlorophyll. Another option would be Guts Flareon.

I do have a 6IV Naive Charizard that I give Charizardite Y to, so sun would be no problem. Actually, I used it with a Bellossom as a pretty strong team so its no stranger to working with a little grass buddy.

But wouldn't the Timid Leafeon work better with Chlorophyll?

No, as Leafeon is a physical attacker. I'd agree that it's the best choice though, as Guts Flareon prefers Jolly, and Chlorophyll makes the lower speed less of an issue.

You're doubling base 95 speed, very few Pokemon are going to be faster than you in the sun, so you'll appreciate the attack boost.

No, as Leafeon is a physical attacker. I'd agree that it's the best choice though, as Guts Flareon prefers Jolly, and Chlorophyll makes the lower speed less of an issue.

You're doubling base 95 speed, very few Pokemon are going to be faster than you in the sun, so you'll appreciate the attack boost.

So Leafon is a physical attacker? Any suggestions for physical moves to make use of this? and what moves can it and its speed take advantage of?

So Leafon is a physical attacker? Any suggestions for physical moves to make use of this? and what moves can it and its speed take advantage of?

Swords Dance, with Leaf Blade and Return as your main attacking moves. Leafeon's coverage is a bit sparse unfortunately which is why you might want to have Baton Pass in case you meet something you can't beat. Aerial Ace, Bite and X-Scissor are your only coverage moves of note.

Knock Off would be ideal, but that isn't available on a Leafeon bred in Gen VI (at least not yet).

Swords Dance, with Leaf Blade and Return as your main attacking moves. Leafeon's coverage is a bit sparse unfortunately which is why you might want to have Baton Pass in case you meet something you can't beat. Aerial Ace, Bite and X-Scissor are your only coverage moves of note.

Knock Off would be ideal, but that isn't available on a Leafeon bred in Gen VI (at least not yet).

Ok, thanks.

I just have a quick question about a Pokemon I recently IV bread and EV trained, as I think I've made a big mistake - I should really research my favourite Pokemon properly before breeding them...

The Pokemon in question is Cloyster. I've bred and trained it to use Special Attacks only (big mistake I know).

IV Spread - 31/ - /31/31/31/31
Ability - Shell Armour.
Nature - Bold (-Atk, +SpAtk)
EV Spread - 256 SpAtk, remaining EVs split between HP and SpDef

Moveset -

Shell Smash
Hidden Power (Dark)
Frost Breath
Hydro Pump

The somewhat strange EV spread was aimed to boost SpAtk while attempting to survive some Special Attacks. Please ignore that spread, I'm not sure what I was doing there.

I've had the odd success with this, but most of the time I don't. Even when I get Shell Smash off, The Special Attacks I use generally aren't powerful enough.

Should I breed again and get a Skill Ink, physical Attacker? Now that I've looked at it this route seems a lot better to take.

I just have a quick question about a Pokemon I recently IV bread and EV trained, as I think I've made a big mistake - I should really research my favourite Pokemon properly before breeding them...

The Pokemon in question is Cloyster. I've bred and trained it to use Special Attacks only (big mistake I know).

Ability - Shell Armour.

Moveset -

Shell Smash
Hidden Power (Dark)
Frost Breath
Hydro Pump

The somewhat strange EV spread was aimed to boost SpAtk while attempting to survive some Special Attacks. Please ignore that spread, I'm not sure what I was doing there.

I've had the odd success with this, but most of the time I don't. Even when I get Shell Smash off, The Special Attacks I use generally aren't powerful enough.

Should I breed again and get a Skill Ink, physical Attacker? Now that I've looked at it this route seems a lot better to take.

I would breed again for an Adamant or Timid nature Shellder. Cloyster doesn't really have much going on on the special side. Be sure to run a White Herb attached to it to allow for it to not lose the Defense and Special Defense debuffs.

I would breed again for an Adamant or Timid nature Shellder. Cloyster doesn't really have much going on on the special side. Be sure to run a White Herb attached to it to allow for it to not lose the Defense and Special Defense debuffs.

You mean Jolly, not Timid, right?

Last edited:

Ability - Shell Armour.

Moveset -

Shell Smash
Hidden Power (Dark)
Frost Breath
Hydro Pump

You mean Jolly, not Timid, right?

Yeah Jolly not Timid.

Need some advice

So I've started breeding for Hidden Power (thank god for N's Pokemon) and managed to get this for Modest Bulbasaur:

HP
ATKDEFSPASPDSPE

I'm wondering whether I should stop at this or continue on for 31 SpA (and possibly 31 HP)? Its kind of annoying, all my Bulbasaurs keep inheriting Atk, and when it inherits SpA, it inherits it from the one with low SpA stat.

Need some advice

So I've started breeding for Hidden Power (thank god for N's Pokemon) and managed to get this for Modest Bulbasaur:

HP
ATKDEFSPASPDSPE

I'm wondering whether I should stop at this or continue on for 31 SpA (and possibly 31 HP)? Its kind of annoying, all my Bulbasaurs keep inheriting Atk, and when it inherits SpA, it inherits it from the one with low SpA stat.

It should be fine. Bulbasaur will only lose between 5 and 10 SpA points by the time its fully leveled and EV'd. It's already at HP Fire. I don't really see the need in Venusaur using HP Fire on something it knows it won't be able to OHKO with it.

EDIT: And some Calcs:

-252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn: 240-284 (68.1 - 80.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Would have 2HKO at 31 SpA IVs either way.

-252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Scizor: 272-320 (79 - 93%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

2HKO at 31 as well

-252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Scizor: 324-384 (94.1 - 111.6%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

13% difference in the chance to OHKO

-252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 96-114 (29.6 - 35.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

-252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Blade: 234-276 (72.2 - 85.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Probably won't want it in on an Aegislash period

-252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Skarmory: 182-216 (54.4 - 64.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

2HKO at 31 IVs

Overall you'd be fine keeping it as is.

Re: Ideas for 3 Male 6IV 1 Timid and 2 Adamant H/A Eevee

Merging with the simple questions thread

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom