• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

I got a problem. You see, I was trying to breed an Absol with the egg moves, Play Rough,Baton Pass,and Megahorn. Today I went to the Day-Care, and I left a male Mawile (with the moves,Sucker Punch,and Play Rough that just remembered as I gave the lady a Heart Scale for Mawile to learn it earlier before leveling up to learn that move) with a female Absol. But for some some, the offspring didn't learn the move "Play Rough" as it just inherit Sucker Punch,Baton Pass,Me First,and Feint Attack. I've tried to breed a female Absol with a male Dendenne who just learned the move, Play Rough. After I tried that, it didn't inherit Play Rough at all. Is there's something wrong with it?

I would recommend using a Smeargle that Sketched the moves that you want to be bred onto Absol.

I don't know. Don't you think that a Smeargle isn't a compatible pokemon to be bred with Absol? Last time I checked, Dendenne,Mawile,Lilpup,Herdier,Scoutland,Purrlion,Liepard,Snubble,Grunnble,Linoone,and Skitty were the ones that can breed with Absol.

When I checked Serebii for Absol's list of breedable moves it had Smeargle as one of the options.

I got a problem. You see, I was trying to breed an Absol with the egg moves, Play Rough,Baton Pass,and Megahorn. Today I went to the Day-Care, and I left a male Mawile (with the moves,Sucker Punch,and Play Rough that just remembered as I gave the lady a Heart Scale for Mawile to learn it earlier before leveling up to learn that move) with a female Absol. But for some some, the offspring didn't learn the move "Play Rough" as it just inherit Sucker Punch,Baton Pass,Me First,and Feint Attack. I've tried to breed a female Absol with a male Dendenne who just learned the move, Play Rough. After I tried that, it didn't inherit Play Rough at all. Is there's something wrong with it?

I would recommend using a Smeargle that Sketched the moves that you want to be bred onto Absol.

I don't know. Don't you think that a Smeargle isn't a compatible pokemon to be bred with Absol? Last time I checked, Dendenne,Mawile,Lilpup,Herdier,Scoutland,Purrlion,Liepard,Snubble,Grunnble,Linoone,and Skitty were the ones that can breed with Absol.

You should check to see if the female Absol knows any moves that can be inherited as egg moves. If your Absol knows 4 moves that it can pass on to its offspring, those moves will be inherited, and not any moves known by the father.

Of the moves you listed, Absol learns Me First at level 1, meaning it could be the move you're not accounting for.

You should check to see if the female Absol knows any moves that can be inherited as egg moves. If your Absol knows 4 moves that it can pass on to its offspring, those moves will be inherited, and not any moves known by the father.

Of the moves you listed, Absol learns Me First at level 1, meaning it could be the move you're not accounting for.

This won't happen since moves won't be inherited from the female unless its bred with Ditto.

Female parents passing moves is a thing beginning with GenVI.
It is therefore probably just too many egg moves at once being passed with Play Rough being excluded.

This won't happen since moves won't be inherited from the female unless its bred with Ditto.

As Alexey said above, you're thinking last generation. In X and Y, males and females can pass down egg moves. And egg moves the females know will be dominant compared to male egg moves. So if you have a female with 4 egg moves, and a male with any amount of different egg moves, the offspring will inherit all 4 egg moves from the female, not the male.

Bulbapedia's article on breeding mechanics mentions this, and I've confirmed this while breeding my own Pokemon (interestingly, Bulbapedia's article contradicts itself regarding whether the father or mothers' egg moves are dominant, but from my own experience it's the mothers' that are dominant).

Ok. Here's the whole question. How to breed an Absol with the egg moves such as Megahorn,Baton Pass,and more importantly, Play Rough move? If it can't learn it from the father. I done a couple of breed chain before but. This has never ever happened to me before.

Ok. Here's the whole question. How to breed an Absol with the egg moves such as Megahorn,Baton Pass,and more importantly, Play Rough move? If it can't learn it from the father. I done a couple of breed chain before but. This has never ever happened to me before.

Delete Me First and Feint Attack from your Absol's move set, either by leveling it up or through the move reminder/deleter, and then try breeding it again with the Dedenne. That should make it inherit Play Rough, and it will also leave an open move slot for breeding Megahorn onto it later.

Can somebody help me out with some EV's/nature?
I want to make a utility AssVest Armaldo with Rapid Spin/Knock Off/Aqua Jet/X-Scissor or Stone Edge. However, I do not know what nature it should be or where I should put the EV's in.

Can somebody help me out with some EV's/nature?
I want to make a utility AssVest Armaldo with Rapid Spin/Knock Off/Aqua Jet/X-Scissor or Stone Edge. However, I do not know what nature it should be or where I should put the EV's in.
I suggest going for a Careful nature and maximum HP investment. I'm not too good at splitting EVs for defense but I think you'll be fine with max Sp. Defense investment and make the most of Assault Vest. You do get some 2HKOs over OHKOs with maxing Defense but it's usually against things where you wouldn't want Armaldo to stay in.

I'm thinking of using a Slaking+Skill swap/Entrainment combo in a VGC team, but I can't decide which ability go along with it. My main picks, however, are Moxie, Magic bounce and Protean... So, out of those three, which one do you think I should use?

I'm thinking of using a Slaking+Skill swap/Entrainment combo in a VGC team, but I can't decide which ability go along with it. My main picks, however, are Moxie, Magic bounce and Protean... So, out of those three, which one do you think I should use?
Parental Bond :)

Parental Bond :)

*Ahem*

Besides, Kang can't learn either of the nessisary moves to pass Parental Bond onto the King (and neither can the King, for that matter.)

*Ahem*

Besides, Kang can't learn either of the nessisary moves to pass Parental Bond onto the King (and neither can the King, for that matter.)
I forgot, sorry.
Go for protean then, moxie and magic B are never used that much

Does Slaking have many moves outside of Return to make Protean useful? I'm pretty sure that the basic strategy behind Skill Swapping a Slaking is to use Swords Dance and spam Return until something dies. If that's your sets general idea go with Moxie. Magic Bounce would be useful to keep burns off, but like I said, SD is basically what is being taken away from the burn. I'd probably go 1. Moxie, 2. Magic Bounce, 3. Protean.

I'd recommend Magic Bounce over Moxie. With only 4 Pokemon in play in VGC, compared to a 6v6 Singles match, there are fewer opportunities to make use of Moxie. Also, considering sleep spam and other status conditions are pretty common in VGC, you'd want to protect Slaking any way you can.

I'd recommend Magic Bounce over Moxie. With only 4 Pokemon in play in VGC, compared to a 6v6 Singles match, there are fewer opportunities to make use of Moxie. Also, considering sleep spam and other status conditions are pretty common in VGC, you'd want to protect Slaking any way you can.

I wholehartedly agree with ^, but I'm still going to exparament with Moxie and see if I like it or not.

Hey everyone,
So I was planning on using an Imposter Ditto, but I don't know if you have to EV train/level it up for it to do its best in competitive play?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom