• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Neither
It's OU, which means that it can be used in OU and Ubers, but not in any of the tiers below

Should my Electivire have Cross Chop or Fire Punch? Using it in lower tiers. Other moves I have are Wild Charge, Earthquake and Ice Punch.

The stallbreaker with Knock Off, Taunt, Roost, and something else (Will-O-Wisp iirc) is generally considered the most OU viable Mew set.

Defog for Mew set?

May I ask you something? How to unlock battle Music 5-11 as to battle a friend that was close to me? I've beaten the E4,and battled on the online players. You see, when I've battled one of the online players, it has the options of music choices 1-11. But when I challenge a local friend, it has the choices 1-4. Is there's any problem?

The stallbreaker with Knock Off, Taunt, Roost, and something else (Will-O-Wisp iirc) is generally considered the most OU viable Mew set.

Defog for Mew set?

May I ask you something? How to unlock battle Music 5-11 as to battle a friend that was close to me? I've beaten the E4,and battled on the online players. You see, when I've battled one of the online players, it has the options of music choices 1-11. But when I challenge a local friend, it has the choices 1-4. Is there's any problem?

Yeah Defog is good on the stallbreaker too, you can choose it or Will-O based on your team's needs

No idea, sorry

What Fighting-types are good in OU? I noticed Lucario and Infernape are UU, why?

First question: Keldeo, Terrakion, MHeracross, Breloom, MMedicham. Conkeldurr is OK. Lucario is similar in viability to Conk, Infernape is just sort of mediocre (his wallbreaking sets are outclassed by MHera and MCham, his Choiced sets are outclassed by Keldeo and Terrakion, his stallbreaker physical defensive set is outclassed by Talonflame, Mew, and Gengar, LeadApe is shit. The only pro he has going for him is versatility.)

Second question: Talonflame.

I'm not sure what other moves to run for my LO Latios set? I have Draco Meteor and Psyshock so far.

Edit: Actually, I don't know if Specs or LO would be better. Someone have any suggestions?

Last edited:
What Fighting-types are good in OU? I noticed Lucario and Infernape are UU, why?

Well since GB already answered 1 well enough and 2 could use some more explaining I'll answer 2 some more.

Lucario has fallen thanks to more than Talonflame. Another reason was the loss of his Mega to Ubers as well as the influx of Earthquake users as very few Lucario run Air Balloon, in fact as of June only 3.8% ran Air Balloon in OU. As for Infernape, well Infernape has always been not good. It was better than Blaziken until last gen and has fallen due to the growth of the Fighting type in recent years, including Keldeo, Terrakion, AV Conkeldurr, and M-Medicham and M-Heracross.

I'm not sure what other moves to run for my LO Latios set? I have Draco Meteor and Psyshock so far.

Edit: Actually, I don't know if Specs or LO would be better. Someone have any suggestions?
I've seen both but I prefer LO over Specs for the flexibility. HP Fighting or Fire can help against Steel types and you can try Defog/Roost on it for hazards and recovery. I've also seen people run Healing Wish when Latios is near death to bring in a healthy counter.

Question: What's the reasoning behind Azumarill having been UU in Gen. V according to Smogon, while Samurott being only NU? I really don't get this one at all. What made Azumarill a more popular choice over Samurott? (Again, Gen. V) Thanks.

I've seen both but I prefer LO over Specs for the flexibility. HP Fighting or Fire can help against Steel types and you can try Defog/Roost on it for hazards and recovery. I've also seen people run Healing Wish when Latios is near death to bring in a healthy counter.

Minor nitpick but Healing Wish is Latias, Latios doesn't learn it. Latios typically runs Draco/Psyshock/Defog/HP Fight

Question: What's the reasoning behind Azumarill having been UU in Gen. V according to Smogon, while Samurott being only NU? I really don't get this one at all. What made Azumarill a more popular choice over Samurott? (Again, Gen. V) Thanks.

Azumarill is much, much stronger than Samurott while they have similar bulk and (lack of) Speed.

But what exactly makes Azumarill stronger? It has Huge Power and 50 base attack stat, doesn't that make it just 100? Unless I misunderstand the ability. Samurott also has 100, while having superior speed, not to mention Samurott has Swords Dance, Megahorn, Ice Beam among other moves Azumarill doesn't in Gen. V

But what exactly makes Azumarill stronger? It has Huge Power and 50 base attack stat, doesn't that make it just 100? Unless I misunderstand the ability. Samurott also has 100, while having superior speed, not to mention Samurott has Swords Dance, Megahorn, Ice Beam among other moves Azumarill doesn't in Gen. V
That's not how Huge Power works, Huge Power doubles the total of Attack and not the base Attack stat. At level 50, Azumarill with a attack boosting nature and 252 EVs and 31 IVs in Attack has 112 and Huge Power doubles it, making it 224 Attack, Azumarill technically has around 150 base Attack.

Last edited:

Azumarill has a larger variety of moves that it can use, is dual type, and is just better. Samurott is has no variety in moves, is single typed and sucks.

Fully invested Base 50 Atk at Level 100 is 218, which doubles to 436. That's equivalent to approximately Base 149 Atk, not Base 100.

Azumarill has a larger variety of moves that it can use, is dual type, and is just better. Samurott is has no variety in moves, is single typed and sucks.

He's talking about Gen V, in which Azu was single type and had to rely on Water/Normal coverage and didn't have BellyJet. Samurott actually gets the variety down better since it has Megahorn and Ice Beam to hammer Grass and Dragon types with, it was just sort of medicore in every single base stat while Azu excelled in Attack.

Thanks you two for explaining 'Marill's ability better.

No problem! And if you're wondering why Norzan and I got slightly different approximations for Azu's base Atk, it's because he did his calcs at Level 50 and I did mine at 100.

Hello! I'm not exaclty knowledgable when it comes to the metagame of Pokémon, so I need help giving a good moveset to a Mewtwo with Mewtwonite Y. It is fully trained, with its Sp. Atk stat maxed, its Speed stat high, and the rest of its stats having a fair balanced amount of EVs. Right now it only has its moveset from when I caught it, which is composed of Barrier, Psychic, Aura Sphere, and Recover. If anyone could give me a good moveset for this Pokémon, I'd be really happy. And yes, I know Mewtwo's "banned".

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom