• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Simple Answers 3

HeartGold or Diamond?

• HeartGold

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I give Eevee a rare candy next to the moss rock in eterna forest will it evolve into Leafon?

I have another question.

Does the flame body/magma armor effect work even if the pokemon is still inside the egg?

Also, when I am using the power anklet it adds 4 speed EV's. Say I defeat a Roserade which nets me 3 sp.attk ev's. Does that mean I get 4 speed EV's and 3 sp.attk EV's totaling seven ev's?

Last edited:
I have another question.

Does the flame body/magma armor effect work even if the pokemon is still inside the egg?

Also, when I am using the power anklet it adds 4 speed EV's. Say I defeat a Roserade which nets me 3 sp.attk ev's. Does that mean I get 4 speed EV's and 3 sp.attk EV's totaling seven ev's?

1) If it wasn't an egg then what other thing do we hatch? It's effect outside battle only halves the number of egg cycles needed to hatch the egg.

2) Ya. But with PokeRus, it becomes 14 in total. 8 for Speed and 6 for Sp.Atk

I'm trying to random encounter a shiny in Soulsilver, either Pikachu or Skarmory. I have a Raichu with Static and a Magnemite with Magnet Pull, are the percentages of finding an electric type higher in the wild or finding a steel type higher in the wild?

Static and Magnet Pull only take effect when a Pokémon with one of those abilities is the first Pokémon in the party, so it's based on whichever is your lead Pokémon.

Um... I still can't understand how to EV train. You mean if I fight a hundred mightyena and I'll get 200 attack points? And I need some good pokemon for transportation (er.. I mean fly) I'm currently using dragonite. But if it got hit by a ice type move, it will instantly faint (or 12 hp left). But I'm not sure if I'm gonna replace it or not, because dragonite is one of my favorite.
Dragonite moveset: dragon dance, fly, dragon rush, hyper beam.

Um.. and what is RNG?

Thanks

Yesterday I got a japanese Eevee and a japanese Ditto from the GTS. I want to try the Masuda Method and even though booth the pokemon have japanese names, the names of the OTs are in japanese and the country they are traded from is japan, their moves and the summaries are in english.
Will the Masuda Method still work??

EDIT: Thanks to everyone who answered my question! I didn't mean that I was going to breed them together, I meant that I was going to breed them with my own english Pokemon but I wasn't clear about that! Sorry!!

Last edited:
Yesterday I got a japanese Eevee and a japanese Ditto from the GTS. I want to try the Masuda Method and even though booth the pokemon have japanese names, the names of the OTs are in japanese and the country they are traded from is japan, their moves and the summaries are in english.

Yeah, that's the way it's supposed to be. Summaries and moves never display in anything other than the game's native language.

Masuda Method will only work if you use one of them. Breeding two Pokemon of the same nationality won't increase the odds of getting a shiny Pokemon the way breeding one Japanese and one English would.

You need Pokémon from different language games. So can use either the Ditto or the Eevee for the Masuda Method but not both at the same time.

The games always "translates" the Summaries in to the games Language.

(Actually, the summary data actually uses numbers to represent location, and just about everything else. The game has a "location" list to read from. It explains why Johto Pokemon all have "Faraway place" as their Location is "off the map" in DPPt.) http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_data_structure_in_Generation_IV

Don't know if this was posted already...
How I use the Sacred Ash?

1) If it wasn't an egg then what other thing do we hatch? It's effect outside battle only halves the number of egg cycles needed to hatch the egg.

No, for example Slugma has magma armor. While Slugma is still an egg does it still work? I think the answer is no.

According to Bulbapedia, The Yin-Yang duo has been programed NOT to be shiny by any normal (other than hacking/ARing) means. Can someone give me some incite on WHY they would do such a thing? :mad::conangry::complain:
-Thank you

So when I'm fighting a Machamp and I use, "Me First" to use Dynamic Punch against it will I send Dynamic Punch back at 1.5 times the power plus STAB if I am using Lucario?

Um... I still can't understand how to EV train. You mean if I fight a hundred mightyena and I'll get 200 attack points? And I need some good pokemon for transportation (er.. I mean fly) I'm currently using dragonite. But if it got hit by a ice type move, it will instantly faint (or 12 hp left). But I'm not sure if I'm gonna replace it or not, because dragonite is one of my favorite.
Dragonite moveset: dragon dance, fly, dragon rush, hyper beam.

Um.. and what is RNG?

Thanks

each mightyena gives 2 Atk EV's so you would get the 200 Atk EV's by fighting 100 of them (200 Atk EV's means +50 Atk stat points at level 100)

skarmory can learn Fly / Cut / Rock Smash / Defog & is pretty sturdy - also bibarel can learn Surf / Strength / Rock Climb / Waterfall so they make a good pair for getting round the games

RNG can be read about here: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/ & any RNG queries can be asked here: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/forumdisplay.php?f=459

Last edited:
According to Bulbapedia, The Yin-Yang duo has been programed NOT to be shiny by any normal (other than hacking/ARing) means. Can someone give me some incite on WHY they would do such a thing? :mad::conangry::complain:
-Thank you
Maybe they thought that since you have to catch it, someone would try fainting it everytime it isn't shiny? I dunno.

So when I'm fighting a Machamp and I use, "Me First" to use Dynamic Punch against it will I send Dynamic Punch back at 1.5 times the power plus STAB if I am using Lucario?

Yes it will. If the Pokémon using Me First has STAB for the attack Me First was used on, then it will apply STAB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom