• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Simple Answers 3

HeartGold or Diamond?

• HeartGold

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivysaur

SoFloFoSho
Reaction score
Questions regarding the Pokemon games belong here. Please do not make individual threads for your questions.

For reference, the original Simple Questions thread is here, the HGSS one is here, and the second Simple Questions thread is here.

I do encourage that before you ask your questions, you check Bulbapedia for the answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: The Simple Question / Simple (or not so) Answer thread Mark II

1. When walking in tall grass the calculation Bulbapedia offers is:
1 in (187.5 / ( x )) per step
However, since x can be different things for the different pokemon in the grass, does it repeat the calculation for each pokemon very time you step, or does it have some other calculation it uses for each step, then if the first calculation returns true, it then goes through the pokemon or what?

2. Is 187.5 the same for all (cave, grass, water, etc.) or are they different?

Last edited:
breeding triple/quadruple flawless pokemon?

Does anybody have any good tips on breeding triple flawless pokemon? I know the basics of breeding and can breed double flawless on my HearGold game, but I looking for a good way to breed triple or even quadruple flawless pokemon.

Thanks for anyone who can help!

B&W Event Download Problems

I imported White when it first came out. Just before it was released in Japan, I also imported SS.
I had no problems getting the JP Manaphy. No problems getting the Enigma Stone.. No problems getting the Liberty Ticket for Victini.

The last 2 events (Anime egg and polar bear), my DS has not given me the events. It's like it doesn't even see the event being distributed.
I missed the bear. That's fine and dandy, but there's a Zoroark event coming up. I don't want to miss it and plus I still have yet to get the egg event.

So far, at home wifi where I have all 3 bars for anything wifi related, at 2 different libraries, and even a starbucks.. My game is not giving me the egg event.

I know my Wifi is not broken. I do IV battles, surf GTS, trades over wifi and battles all the time.

Can some one help me out here?

-FL

Re: B&W Event Download Problems

1. When walking in tall grass the calculation Bulbapedia offers is:
1 in (187.5 / ( x )) per step
However, since x can be different things for the different pokemon in the grass, does it repeat the calculation for each pokemon very time you step, or does it have some other calculation it uses for each step, then if the first calculation returns true, it then goes through the pokemon or what?

2. Is 187.5 the same for all (cave, grass, water, etc.) or are they different?

No idea - I would suggest looking at Smogon.

Does anybody have any good tips on breeding triple flawless pokemon? I know the basics of breeding and can breed double flawless on my HearGold game, but I looking for a good way to breed triple or even quadruple flawless pokemon.

Thanks for anyone who can help!

Again, I would suggest reading through Smogon's RNGing guides if you're looking to breed flawless Pokemon.

I imported White when it first came out. Just before it was released in Japan, I also imported SS.
I had no problems getting the JP Manaphy. No problems getting the Enigma Stone.. No problems getting the Liberty Ticket for Victini.

The last 2 events (Anime egg and polar bear), my DS has not given me the events. It's like it doesn't even see the event being distributed.
I missed the bear. That's fine and dandy, but there's a Zoroark event coming up. I don't want to miss it and plus I still have yet to get the egg event.

So far, at home wifi where I have all 3 bars for anything wifi related, at 2 different libraries, and even a starbucks.. My game is not giving me the egg event.

I know my Wifi is not broken. I do IV battles, surf GTS, trades over wifi and battles all the time.

Can some one help me out here?

-FL

Are you sure you're selecting the right options on the main menu? For reference:

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/mysterygift.shtml

Otherwise, I'm not sure what the problem could be.

No idea - I would suggest looking at Smogon.
I've already tried looking, but I can't find anything on it. In fact, Bulbapedia seems to be the only place (that I could find) with the calculation...

The ruin maniac down the hearthome city said he likes unown. If I bring unown there will he dig the tunnel? Where is the tunnel lead to?

The ruin maniac down the hearthome city said he likes unown. If I bring unown there will he dig the tunnel? Where is the tunnel lead to?

& to add to the previous answer it allows you access to a room where the "!" & "?" unown can be caught

Are you sure you're selecting the right options on the main menu? For reference:

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/mysterygift.shtml

Otherwise, I'm not sure what the problem could be.

See.. now this woulda solved my problems 4 months ago with the bear had I found this page :/ :banghead:

Sorry for all the trouble yesterday. Was a bad day for me.

-hopes she gets Yanappu-

I have a question about Masuda Method and the Power items.I have a female Totodile from the GTS. When I checked its IVs I found that it had perfect Attack and Speed IVs. Obviously that means I wish to breed it. My question is do the Power Items work when using Masuda Method? It would make the IV breeding go much easier if it did work, and i have a chance of hatching a shiny baby.

I have a question about Masuda Method and the Power items.I have a female Totodile from the GTS. When I checked its IVs I found that it had perfect Attack and Speed IVs. Obviously that means I wish to breed it. My question is do the Power Items work when using Masuda Method? It would make the IV breeding go much easier if it did work, and i have a chance of hatching a shiny baby.

Bulbapedia seems to imply that they do indeed work:
[the Masuda method] allows players to customize their team further, with specific egg moves and IVs

in pokemon rubysaphireemerald theres a guy a house in mosdeep with an old guy in it.

its not just a normal house though theres a door at the back of the room.

does this mean anything?

in pokemon rubysaphireemerald theres a guy a house in mosdeep with an old guy in it.

its not just a normal house though theres a door at the back of the room.

does this mean anything?

Using the e-Reader would allow you to battle certain (generic) trainers there. Nothing too special.

When RNGing, when double tapping on happiness checker does one double tap mean two regular taps?

e.g. The RNG says I need to do 700 double clicks on the happiness checker. Would that mean I need to do 1400?

Um... Why did everytime I slather a honey on a tree, the next day I check it, it keep saying "its a sweet smelling tree... Want to slather a honey?" I'm pretty sure I already slather the honey.

Um... Why did everytime I slather a honey on a tree, the next day I check it, it keep saying "its a sweet smelling tree... Want to slather a honey?" I'm pretty sure I already slather the honey.

Bulbapedia said:
Once Honey is slathered on one of the trees and at least 6 hours have passed, a Pokémon may appear on the tree. If a tree is left unchecked for 24 hours, both the honey and any Pokémon will be gone.

When RNGing, when double tapping on happiness checker does one double tap mean two regular taps?

e.g. The RNG says I need to do 700 double clicks on the happiness checker. Would that mean I need to do 1400?
Well, basically yes. But double tap doesn't mean just two regular taps. You must tap rapidly two times on happiness checker and then those little Pokémon icons jump once - that's one double tap.
But I wouldn't bother to double tap 700 times, it would just make you frustrated (and especially if you get confused with your counts).

OK. Thanks for answering! Maybe RNGing isn't as easy as I originally thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom