• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Simple Answers 3

HeartGold or Diamond?

• HeartGold

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just recently joined and quickly realized that there is a lot of slang that I don't understand on here. What are some commonly used slang terms on here and what do they mean?
Like what is a "perfect" Pokemon and when people say "egg moves" do they mean any egg moves or just good ones for those pokemon?
Sorry if this is too general.

Perfect pokemon are pokemon with 31 IV's in all stats. Egg moves are moves that pokemon can only learn from the pokemon's parents. They mean any egg moves

Last edited:
I have just recently joined and quickly realized that there is a lot of slang that I don't understand on here. What are some commonly used slang terms on here and what do they mean?
Like what is a "perfect" Pokemon and when people say "egg moves" do they mean any egg moves or just good ones for those pokemon?
Sorry if this is too general.

Egg moves are moves that can be taught to the Pokemon by breeding them with certain other Pokemon in the same egg group.

Edit: Ninja'ed =(

The type and power of Hidden Power when it is used by a Pokemon, say

Audino, if it was to learn Hidden Power, it would be say, Grass, and let's say, due to the fact it doesn't have the best IVs for a Hidden Power of 70, that it has 65.

Ok?

Okay I get it. Thanks for helping. I thought it was Hit Point (HP) Ice and I was confused

Okay, I have a question. I just got a Magnet Rise, Guts Shinx from the DW. It's brave - not bad, not good, and I'm thinking about trying to EV train it (I've never EV trained before). But first I decided to talk to the guy that can see pokemon's IV's. He said:

"This Pokémon's potential is above average overall. Incidentally, I would say the best potential lies in its HP. And it's Attack stat is also good. It can't be better in that regard"

Does that mean Shinx's HP and Attack IV's are both 31? and is it a good pokemon to EV train?

Thanks for having the patience to read this :p

Yeah, it does mean that they're both 31 in attack and HP. Good enough to EV train. Or at least breed.

OK, Thanks :3

EDIT: So I should EV train it in HP and Attack, right?

Last edited:
OK, Thanks :3

EDIT: So I should EV train it in HP and Attack, right?

Well, that depends on what you want. If you want it to be an absolute beast in HP and Attack and a little weaker in other places, then yes, I would EV train it in HP and attack. If you would like for Shinx to be a bit more well-rounded, I'd EV train it in the other stats as well.

So my friends and I are new to the idea of competitive Pokemon and are trying to figure out how to be efficient. Do people usually just do lvl 50 or lvl 100 battles once they have the guys they want, or do you actually train them or cheat to get to lvl 100?

So,you could just catch a bunch of Pokemon whose level is over lv.50 and go battle at that level,but they will not be as powerful as they don't have any EVs.So,training them is the only way.Training Pokemon to lv.100 doesn't give you any advantage at lv.50 battles,but remeber how some Pokemon learn certain moves at very high levels(Reshiram and Zekrom learn their final attacks at lv.100.)

Also,by training over NPCs you can learn about your Pokemon's strategic weaknesses and adjust their movesets for better performance.

Also,train your Pokemon,cheating is a method only used by people who suck at Pokemon and can't come up with a good strategy,so they try to give themselves an edge by making perfect Pokemon.

Are Pokemon you've only seen in a link battle or on the Battle Subway not added to your Pokedex as one of the ones you've seen? I believe it was like that in the third generation, and haven't tried it on the fourth.

Are Pokemon you've only seen in a link battle or on the Battle Subway not added to your Pokedex as one of the ones you've seen? I believe it was like that in the third generation, and haven't tried it on the fourth.

No, they are not.

So I just fought the subway bosses on Black for the first time (21 straight battles), and managed to win. So the question is, if I lose before I make 49 straight victories, will I have to fight them again on a new run, or will it just be some random trainers?

So I just fought the subway bosses on Black for the first time (21 straight battles), and managed to win. So the question is, if I lose before I make 49 straight victories, will I have to fight them again on a new run, or will it just be some random trainers?

You will have to fight them again on the 21th and 49th battle if you lose and you will have to start over again.

Well, that just fuckin' sucks. I had both my Pokemon KO'd by the bastards on 21 battles [knew I should've SR'd for a Snivy with better Defense], and the partner had to finish the job. >_>

(Really don't think I'll get past them on 49, and probably won't even make it there to begin with, at this rate...)

So just to end this post with a question, are EVs unaltered by the automatic level change to 50?

Well, that just fuckin' sucks. I had both my Pokemon KO'd by the bastards on 21 battles [knew I should've SR'd for a Snivy with better Defense], and the partner had to finish the job. >_>

(Really don't think I'll get past them on 49, and probably won't even make it there to begin with, at this rate...)

So just to end this post with a question, are EVs unaltered by the automatic level change to 50?

Yes, your EVs stay the same on the Pokemon when they are lowered to Lv50.

Does anyone know what the 3 Pokemon are at the Toys R' Us event? Just wondering if these are must haves or if they are optionals that you can get in game.

For the egg event..
Is your Egg randomly picked or is it pre picked?

For the egg event..
Is your Egg randomly picked or is it pre picked?

I believe it's random. Though I can't say if you save before talking to the delivery guy if you SR and try again you will get the same one. That I'd have to test.

I believe it's random. Though I can't say if you save before talking to the delivery guy if you SR and try again you will get the same one. That I'd have to test.

I have tried twice so far. And got the same one but I've seen a video of someone resetting for Axew he soft reseted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom