• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

ok, i just need to know how to do something if possible

In Black/White is there a way to battle a friend locally and have the pokemon scaled down to level 50 like in random wifi battles? I ask because my pokemon are level 100 and hers are only 55ish and I don't think she is going to take the time to train hers up all the way so I don't want to do an open battle where I'm nearly twice her level.

if there is a way to do this how? cause aren't union rooms only level 30?

In Black/White is there a way to battle a friend locally and have the pokemon scaled down to level 50 like in random wifi battles? I ask because my pokemon are level 100 and hers are only 55ish and I don't think she is going to take the time to train hers up all the way so I don't want to do an open battle where I'm nearly twice her level.

This most likely won't be much help but i recently battled my friend over wifi, and while i know that's not "local" you can always go the wifi route if you don't plan on being in the same room together. Also my pokemon were all above level 80, so when i went against my friend, from what i remember, our pokemon were leveled down to 50 for the match. I think it's all in the settings or something. Though i hope someone else who knows more can help you out :X

I heard that it wasn't possible. o_O

Anyway, I have a question too. I watched some videos of people catching shinies and I noticed that a lot of them use Premier Balls. Why is this? Aren't Premier Balls the same as regular Pokeballs, only a different color?

I heard that it wasn't possible. o_O

Anyway, I have a question too. I watched some videos of people catching shinies and I noticed that a lot of them use Premier Balls. Why is this? Aren't Premier Balls the same as regular Pokeballs, only a different color?

That is correct.

Also from what i've heard making things automatically level 100 is what's impossible.

So Premier Balls don't actually make it easier to catch shiny Pokemon?

Ah, I thought not. Thanks for letting me know. :]

I'm not asking about a specific strategy to defeat Lt. Surge. How can I even catch a Larvitar at that point?

Safari Zone.

Can the E4 be re-battled immediately after the ending? How?

Yes; just go back to Indigo Plateau and go through the door. They'll still have the same teams at the same levels as before, and they won't upgrade until you've obtained all 16 badges.

So Premier Balls don't actually make it easier to catch shiny Pokemon?

I think People just do it to commemorate catching a shiny.

Going to ask again...

If I use Torment on someone who uses Outrage or Petal Dance, does this end the move streak, or are they unable to battle until the move ends?

YAY 500 POST.

(I didn't steal this idea from GatoRage)

(Ok, I did.)

I`m pretty sure Torment does stop Outrage/Petal Dance/ Thrash.

Um, unless I completely misunderstood this, can't you just do an AR battle? It levels up and down to 50...

Wild Meowth holding PP Up? (FireRed)

So I'm currently doing a Nuzlocke Challenge on Firered and managed to get a Meowth on Route 6. Hours later in the game when I needed someone to learn Flash, I took my Meowth out of the PC. I then realized that he was holding an item. I took it from him and it was a PP Up. I've searched Bulba and I keep seeing that Meowth has a 5% for holding a Nugget. I've looked everywhere and can't find something that says he can hold a PP Up.

Does anyone have any idea on the percentages of Meowth holding a PP Up? Did my game screw up? I'm just severely confused (I've also never played FireRed before).

Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys!

Where in Black can you sell the Big Nugget item ?

Re: Wild Meowth holding PP Up? (FireRed)

Sorry, I didn't see that thread. Since this thread is still open, I further my question; My Meowth was deposited in the box after being caught. I removed him from the box plenty of hours later and he was holding the PP Up. Does the Pickup ability still pick up items while the Pokemon is boxed? If so it makes sense. If not, how could a Meowth, even with the Pickup ability, pick up an item when it was never in the party until the moment the item was removed?

Meowth had never been in battle (except for the battle in which I caught him) nor was a battle commenced while he was in my party. Furthermore, the only time that Meowth was in my party, not a single step had been taken in game. Is this possible?

Re: Wild Meowth holding PP Up? (FireRed)

Sorry, I didn't see that thread. Since this thread is still open, I further my question; My Meowth was deposited in the box after being caught. I removed him from the box plenty of hours later and he was holding the PP Up. Does the Pickup ability still pick up items while the Pokemon is boxed? If so it makes sense. If not, how could a Meowth, even with the Pickup ability, pick up an item when it was never in the party until the moment the item was removed?

Meowth had never been in battle (except for the battle in which I caught him) nor was a battle commenced while he was in my party. Furthermore, the only time that Meowth was in my party, not a single step had been taken in game. Is this possible?

No. Meowth picked it up before you caught it.

Black and white on 3DS......is there a problem coming?

Hi all, this is most probably a dumb question but I'll ask it anyway!

I've been playing balck and white on my DSi but recently I've been porting some Poekemon over from Saphire so I've moved onto my DS lite. I've noticed that I can't get online with my DS Lite because my game cards are linek to the DSi.

I ordered a 3DS yesterday, which fingers corossed should be with me on Wednesday, but will I be able to link my cards to the 3DS or will they remain linked to my DSi?

Re: Black and white on 3DS......is there a problem coming?

Hi all, this is most probably a dumb question but I'll ask it anyway!

I've been playing balck and white on my DSi but recently I've been porting some Poekemon over from Saphire so I've moved onto my DS lite. I've noticed that I can't get online with my DS Lite because my game cards are linek to the DSi.

I ordered a 3DS yesterday, which fingers corossed should be with me on Wednesday, but will I be able to link my cards to the 3DS or will they remain linked to my DSi?
There is an option, I believe in the DSi settings, which lets you transfer all your settings to another DS, including a 3DS, so you can use them as if they were always linked to the 3DS.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom