• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

OK, let me get this straight.

Say I have a Bidoof. I make it hold a Power Weight, and defeat a Patrat.

Assuming that it doesn't have Pokerus, it would gain 5 Attack EVs (1 from the Patrat, 4 from the Weight).
If I gave it 10 Proteins beforehand, and fought nothing but Patrat all day, then I would have to fight 30 of 'em to get 150 extra Attack EVs, leaving me with 250. Add in two Muscle Wings, and our Bidoof now has a full 252 Attack EVs.

Replace the Power Weight with the Power Anklet, give it 10 Carbos vitamins, fight 30 Blitzle, and feed it two Swift wings, and we end up with 252 Speed EVs.

One Audino and two Health wings later, Bidoof is fully EV-Trained.

Am I right, or is something missing?

OK, let me get this straight.

Say I have a Bidoof. I make it hold a Power Weight, and defeat a Patrat.

Assuming that it doesn't have Pokerus, it would gain 5 Attack EVs (1 from the Patrat, 4 from the Weight).
If I gave it 10 Proteins beforehand, and fought nothing but Patrat all day, then I would have to fight 30 of 'em to get 150 extra Attack EVs, leaving me with 250. Add in two Muscle Wings, and our Bidoof now has a full 252 Attack EVs.

Replace the Power Weight with the Power Anklet, give it 10 Carbos vitamins, fight 30 Blitzle, and feed it two Swift wings, and we end up with 252 Speed EVs.

One Audino and two Health wings later, Bidoof is fully EV-Trained.

Am I right, or is something missing?

perfect.

OK, I guess it's settled then.

New question: Is there a place in Unova where I can buy PP Ups?

I thought "But it failed!" was the indication that a status move missed. Are they different?
"But it failed!" happens when a move passes the accuracy check, but fails for any other reason (ie: trying to burn a Pokémon which already has a status affliction). If the move misses, it will instead display "<Pokémon>'s attack missed!". If it's a double/triple battle, it will instead display "<Pokémon> avoided the attack!" for each of the opponent's Pokémon that the attack fails to hit, because it wouldn't make sense for the game to say the attack missed, and then have it hit some (but not all) of the targets anyway.

It used to say "It didn't affect Flapdoodle" when a status move missed, but they probably changed that because it's confusingly close to the "It doesn't affect Flapdoodle" that moves a pokémon is immune to get.

OK, I guess it's settled then.

New question: Is there a place in Unova where I can buy PP Ups?

You can get them on your 14 win on the battle subway from the janitor at the station, and sometimes in the battle stadiums :)

Ah, OK. I'm-a have to save the few I have for a rainy day, then. Thanks!

hey everyone
Im not sure im posting this in the right area but i might as well try. My cousin has pokemon black and he plays it on a DS. we have a problem getting his game to accept our internet. we go to the WFC settings and click on the wifi settings, then we select a open connection (connection 1) and search for an access point. when it starts searching for an access point it says "the access point's security settings are not supported by the Nintendo DS. For help, visit support.nintendo.com" does anyone know why this is happening? i wrote nintendo an email on Monday (10/3/11) and havent heard back from them. has anyone else run into this problem?
thanks in advance

hey everyone
Im not sure im posting this in the right area but i might as well try. My cousin has pokemon black and he plays it on a DS. we have a problem getting his game to accept our internet. we go to the WFC settings and click on the wifi settings, then we select a open connection (connection 1) and search for an access point. when it starts searching for an access point it says "the access point's security settings are not supported by the Nintendo DS. For help, visit support.nintendo.com" does anyone know why this is happening? i wrote nintendo an email on Monday (10/3/11) and havent heard back from them. has anyone else run into this problem?
thanks in advance
Yes, this means your wireless internet uses more advanced security than the DS can use. The DS only supports WEP security and no security, so you'd have to reconfigure your wireless internet.

hey everyone
thanks in advance
Is he using an original DS, DS lite, DSi or DSi XL and what type of connection is it? If the connection is a WPA connection it can be used on a DSi, DSi XL or 3DS.

any of my games with my original ds, dsi xl or my 3ds it says its to do with my internet

Well, you'll have to pick one, otherwise you have to get a new FC every time you use a new DS.

What you want to do is set up the internet settings, if you use your DSi or your 3DS you can use WPA instead of WEP, which is good :)

Last edited:
HELP !!! needed about C-Gear?

In Pokemon Black the online symbol on the c-gear flashes red but I can still get online? It was always green when able to connect previously?

I don't have a sleepy pokemon asleep but it will let me?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom