• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

is there a easy fast way to get to Stark Mountain??

and what level should my team be ??

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

I have a question about organizing decorations in my Dream World homes. I recently bought the pillows from the Mansion update to the catalogue. I love them, but whenever I try to put them in my house, they both end up on the table with the dream catalogue and my lamp.

Now, I know this probably sounds stupid, but how do I move things around? I don't want four things stacked on the same tiny table, I want to be able to move stuff around. But... how? D:

I have a question about organizing decorations in my Dream World homes. I recently bought the pillows from the Mansion update to the catalogue. I love them, but whenever I try to put them in my house, they both end up on the table with the dream catalogue and my lamp.

Now, I know this probably sounds stupid, but how do I move things around? I don't want four things stacked on the same tiny table, I want to be able to move stuff around. But... how? D:

Simply hit the Redecorate tab in the top left menu in your house, then you can drag and drop items where you like. Once you're done, click Set Position in the top left menu.

Simply hit the Redecorate tab in the top left menu in your house, then you can drag and drop items where you like. Once you're done, click Set Position in the top left menu.

Oh my gosh, thank you SO MUCH! :D

Does anyone know exactly how to cure Pokérus? I have a shiny Fraxure I received in a trade that I want to train without infecting my other Pokémon. I know, it's weird that I want to cure it, but I received it in a trade and it wouldn't feel legit to infect my Pokémon with it.

Now I've heard it will be cured after 24 or 72 hours in the party, and it is also automatically cured at midnight if in the party. I tried the midnight trick last night, but to no avail. Does anyone have a concise answer?

Just put it in your party fer a few days, like while training your Pokemon or whatever. It just takes like 1 to 4 or whatever days to cure it. Know what I mean?

If you don't want any other of your Pokémon to be infected, have Fraxure be your only Pokémon in the party. Otherwise, there's not much to be done about it.

What do you suggest I Master Ball in Sapphire: a good-natured Rayquaza or hunt for Latias with a good nature (which will take much longer)?

Another way is that you only carry Pokemon who's already immune to the Pokerus, along with your Fraxure, in your party.

My question:
How is the amount of damage caused by Psyshock determined?
On Bulbapedia it only says "calculates damage using the user's Special Attack and opponent's Defence stat"

Is there anyway of influencing which Dream World map we go to by Pokemon type?

How is the amount of damage caused by Psyshock determined?
On Bulbapedia it only says "calculates damage using the user's Special Attack and opponent's Defence stat"

During any regular attack calculation, the game uses the Attack/Special Attack stat of the attacker and the Defense/Special Defense stat of the defender, with which stat being used dependent on whether the attack is physical (Attack/Defense) or Special (Special Attack/Special Defense).

Psyshock and similar moves subvert this formula by calculating by using the Defense stat of the defender instead of their Special Defense, even though it's a special move.

Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

Need help figuring out a move set (Pokemon Crystal)
Hi guys this is my first post in a while so if its in the wrong forum please feel free to tell me and I'll move it.
So here's the pokemon, I have a level 12 Smeargle with guilotine and sketch and I'm trying to figure out what the sketch move should be. Keep in mind I'm playing Crystal on a gbc so its only 1st and 2nd gen moves are applicable. Any advise would be welcomed and thanks again.

What do you suggest I Master Ball in Sapphire: a good-natured Rayquaza or hunt for Latias with a good nature (which will take much longer)?

Personally Id suggest the Latias since it roams.

Can you set up all Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and Stelth Rock all at once? So it will be like "Pokemon" took damage from Spikes, then "Pokemon" took damage from Stelth Rock? Do you know what I mean?

Can you set up all Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and Stelth Rock all at once? So it will be like "Pokemon" took damage from Spikes, then "Pokemon" took damage from Stelth Rock? Do you know what I mean?

Yeah you can. You can also use Toxic Spikes twice to badly poison the foe instead of just normal poison. I think the more Spikes you use, the more damage too.

Yeah you can. You can also use Toxic Spikes twice to badly poison the foe instead of just normal poison. I think the more Spikes you use, the more damage too.

Oh ho ho! Pokemon will be falling as soon as they come out! hahahahah!

To expand on PkmnGreen's answer, one layer of Spikes will take away 1/8th of the opponent's total HP when they switch in, two layers will take away 1/6th of their total HP, and 3 layers will take away 1/4 of their total HP. The most damage possible with all kinds of Entry Hazards up is 75% damage, while badly poisoning the opponent.

During any regular attack calculation, the game uses the Attack/Special Attack stat of the attacker and the Defense/Special Defense stat of the defender, with which stat being used dependent on whether the attack is physical (Attack/Defense) or Special (Special Attack/Special Defense).

Psyshock and similar moves subvert this formula by calculating by using the Defense stat of the defender instead of their Special Defense, even though it's a special move.

I understand now, thanks!

Are all legit Arceus meant to be in Cherish balls?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom