• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: LEGIT MEW OR NOT?????????

@DRAGON PIRANHA;

This sounds like a pretty good, er, glitch! I accually might try it, but it'll have to be on a different Emerald.

Do you think it also works on other games for Deoxsys and Latias/Latios?

Why is this even a question? Nothing will change the fact that you hacked the Old Sea Map (not a ticket) into your bag. Therefore it will not be legit. Cheating is cheating.

Why is this even a question? Nothing will change the fact that you hacked the Old Sea Map (not a ticket) into your bag. Therefore it will not be legit. Cheating is cheating.

The problem is a majority of the MEW's you would find on the GTS on the earlier GEN IV games (Diamond, pearl, Platinum.) around the the times of there release were caught the very same way. However i do not if theirs been an event since then.

Last edited:

The problem is a majority of the MEW's you would find on the GTS on the earlier GEN IV games (Diamond, pearl, Platinum.) around the the times of there release were caught the very same way. However i do not if theirs been an event since then.

The most recent Mew distribution was in Fall 2010.

I would say not legit. Using the action replay to get a Pokemon easier is always hacking, no matter what.:-/

OK so your saying not legit even though the only thing i used the action replay for was to get the ticket and caught mew with out the action replay plugged in ?

Correct. Anything using an Action Replay or a Gameshark or whatever isn't legit. You're using an outside source manufactured by a third party company to alter the game in a way Nintendo and Gamefreak did not intend. The only way to get a truly legitimate Mew/Deoxys/Shaymin whatever is to get the ticket distributed by NOA in New York; maybe there are other locations, I don't know, but unless it's from Nintendo, it's hacking.

Gen I Pokemon icons

For those of you who remember Red and Blue, do you remember the icons for the Pokemon that would show up when you looked at your team? Nowadays, every Pokemon has its own unique image, but back in Gen I, there were maybe 5 to 10 different icons shared between all of the Pokemon. One looked like a deer facing forward. Another looked like a flower with a face. There was a snake and a bug. Another looked like Rhydon, or those statues outside of the Indigo Plateau. In Yellow, if I'm not mistaken, they added a unique one just for Pikachu.

In any event, I can't find those old Gen I icons anywhere, and more importantly, which Pokemon used which icons. Some are obvious--most bug types are going to use the bug icon--but if there's a resource out there that kept track of this, could someone point me in that direction?

Re: Gen I Pokemon icons

Well, that's one piece of the puzzle solved! Thank you.

I've done a ton of searches, yielding very little. I wonder why this info is so difficult to come by...

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

I guess no one ever bothered to record it. Do you have any of the Gen I games on hand? Perhaps you could be the first.

Re: Gen I Pokemon icons

For those of you who remember Red and Blue, do you remember the icons for the Pokemon that would show up when you looked at your team? Nowadays, every Pokemon has its own unique image, but back in Gen I, there were maybe 5 to 10 different icons shared between all of the Pokemon. One looked like a deer facing forward. Another looked like a flower with a face. There was a snake and a bug. Another looked like Rhydon, or those statues outside of the Indigo Plateau. In Yellow, if I'm not mistaken, they added a unique one just for Pikachu.

In any event, I can't find those old Gen I icons anywhere, and more importantly, which Pokemon used which icons. Some are obvious--most bug types are going to use the bug icon--but if there's a resource out there that kept track of this, could someone point me in that direction?

Those icons are what showed you what egg group a pokémon was in. With a little research I believe it could be fairly easy to determine what Pokémon were represented by what icon. Good luck.

Unfortunately, I do not. And even if I did, I don't have the Pokedex filled. Ah well... Thank you for doing what you could!

Those icons are what showed you what egg group a pokémon was in. With a little research I believe it could be fairly easy to determine what Pokémon were represented by what icon. Good luck.

I'm pretty sure this holds true for Gen II, when they added egg groups, but there were far fewer icons in Gen I, and egg groups didn't exist yet.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

How should I train my Eelektross?
Ev train him in his defenses or Hp?

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

How should I train my Eelektross?
Ev train him in his defenses or Hp?

I'd personally put some into both and then some EV's into Attack or Special Attack depending on whether you're going to use it as a physical or special attacker.
You could try asking this question in the Battle Center Simple Questions/Simple Answers thread for more specific answers from more experienced people than me though.

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f521/simple-questions-answers-thread-bst-read-first-post-30672/

Does anyone know what gen III games are battery powered?
Instead of "what" do you mean "if"? The Hoenn Generation III games have batteries in them but the consequences of them running out of power aren't as bad as in Generation II. In Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald the clock will stop running when the battery runs out but the game can still be played. This will keep a constant tide in Shoal Cave.

Black and white didn't have a vs seeker.
Do Black and White 2 have way to rebattle trainers?
thanks

Does anyone know what gen III games are battery powered?
Instead of "what" do you mean "if"? The Hoenn Generation III games have batteries in them but the consequences of them running out of power aren't as bad as in Generation II. In Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald the clock will stop running when the battery runs out but the game can still be played. This will keep a constant tide in Shoal Cave.

The reason i put "what" in there instead of if is because i knew a few of the GBA games had batteries in them.
And my new question is what is pal park and what do i have to do to get my platinum and heart gold to trade together?

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom