• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Hey I have a question about breeding Shiny Pokémon. I got a Korean Ditto a couple weeks ago off the GTS and I wanted to know if I leave Ditto with any Pokémon such as a Snivy in the daycare would the game have to stay on in order for me to possibly get a Shiny Snivy egg?

Yes, your game needs to be on. How would it do anything when it's off?

Hi I think you misunderstood my question. What I mean is that once you turn on your game to hunt for the Shiny Egg must it stay on until you get an egg that's Shiny. Here's an example I'm tired and I want to take a break until tomorrow if I turn off the game will it somehow reset my egg count for eggs that I've hatched.
If you save the game, it will save the eggs that have already hatched. Its perfectly ok to save and turn off your DS. You dont have to keep your game going, you can get a shiny egg any time you are hatching eggs when your game is on.

Hey I have a question about breeding Shiny Pokémon. I got a Korean Ditto a couple weeks ago off the GTS and I wanted to know if I leave Ditto with any Pokémon such as a Snivy in the daycare would the game have to stay on in order for me to possibly get a Shiny Snivy egg?

Yes, your game needs to be on. How would it do anything when it's off?

Hi I think you misunderstood my question. What I mean is that once you turn on your game to hunt for the Shiny Egg must it stay on until you get an egg that's Shiny. Here's an example I'm tired and I want to take a break until tomorrow if I turn off the game will it somehow reset my egg count for eggs that I've hatched.
If you save the game, it will save the eggs that have already hatched. Its perfectly ok to save and turn off your DS. You dont have to keep your game going, you can get a shiny egg any time you are hatching eggs when your game is on.

Ok thank you for answering my question I appreciate it.

The problem is, I didn't change the dates between the 18th or 19th, or before that. But I'll keep that in mind.

One more question, how do I delete Pokestudio movies from the theater listing? Provided if it is possible... I'm kind of sick of seeing my failed attempts on achieving strange endings just sitting there...
You can avoid saving bad endings in the first place if you pay attention to the director. If his last words say that he doesn't know how it will turn out, that's a strange ending. An angry shout of cut means bad ending, and he'll praise you if it's the standard good ending. If it's bad, don't save it, if it's good or strange, do save (even if you got that ending already, you might increase the amount of profit).

I don't think I ever got angry shouts of cut for my bad endings? Or at least none that I can remember... In fact, I'm pretty sure I got "Doesn't know how this will turn out" before, and still got a bad ending in the end. Maybe I'm just really bad at movies. <_<

Help! Game acting weird!

I'm waking up my Pokemon from the dream world, and it's been saying "The Pokemon is being woken up... don't turn off the power" for 10 minutes now.
I think it froze, but if so I'm afraid if I turn it off, let the power run out or even close it it'll damage the game.
Please help!!

Re: Help! Game acting weird!

Just wait awhile. Don't worry about it.

I waited about 10-15 more minutes after I posted this and it was still doing that, so I braved myself and reset the game.
I think it glitched somehow from me changing my C-Gear Skin while on the Global Link. When I reloaded the game, my skin had changed, but my Pokemon was still asleep. So I went to wake him again and he woke up fine.

Then it said... "C-Gear skin changed"
I personally don't think anything happened, because when a game freezes it means nothing is processing, like in Skyrim if it freezes while saving, it's okay to turn it off because it isn't doing anything at the moment "Because it's frozen" I mean my connection is very fast so it's not that I have a slow connection. But unless my game actually does glitch up I won't worry about it. And I'll update if it does.

And if my game breaks, I'll buy a new one :D I have a Phione, Keldeo, Victini, Genesect, and Arceus. If my game breaks I'll probably never be able to get them again but to be honest it's not that big a deal, I mean they're just to show off. I can't use them in the PWT, Subway, or online battles so basically they're just to look cool and give self satisfaction nothing more. And I don't really care about that in the long run. But I'll be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm not sure it's even possible to destroy your savefile by switching off while saving anymore unless you have *really* good (or bad) timing. I wouldn't worry about it.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

magnezone or pikachu which is the better pokemon for a heart gold team?

If you plan on evolving Pikachu then I'd go with it. Magnezone is impossible to get in HGSS unless you trade for it

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

magnezone or pikachu which is the better pokemon for a heart gold team?

If you plan on evolving Pikachu then I'd go with it. Magnezone is impossible to get in HGSS unless you trade for it

I have the magnezone on my platinum with plans to put it on with my shiny charmander.

You internet likely spazzed out on you there. But there is a sticky thread up top that is for simple questions for future reference

Can other Pokemon besides Cherim get the Flower Gift boost in Single Battles? Like for example if you send in Groundon, activating Drought and making it sunny, switching it out for Cherim to activate Flower Gift, then switch back to Groudon. Will Groudon get a Flower Gift boost?

Can other Pokemon besides Cherim get the Flower Gift boost in Single Battles? Like for example if you send in Groundon, activating Drought and making it sunny, switching it out for Cherim to activate Flower Gift, then switch back to Groudon. Will Groudon get a Flower Gift boost?

Groudon should get the boost from Flower Gift, since it affects all Pokemon in the party.

Is it possible to have another battle with Colress after he gives you a Master Ball post game? He says "Please have another battle with me" but when I went back to the Plasma Frigate the next day he wasn't there. Can I only battle him once or does he only appears on certain days?

Is it possible to have another battle with Colress after he gives you a Master Ball post game? He says "Please have another battle with me" but when I went back to the Plasma Frigate the next day he wasn't there. Can I only battle him once or does he only appears on certain days?
Bulbapedia says you can battle him once daily. It says he moves to the bow of the Frigate.

He's supposed to be in the bow of the Frigate (meaning, the front part of the ship.) There you should be able to battle him once a day.

ninja'd, oh well

Oh, I found him after exploring the ship a bit more. ^^' I thought he'd be in the same room.

Curious little thing happened in my Emerald Game.

So, I've picked up my Emerald game that I hadn't played in years, with the intention of transferring my Pokemon to my Diamond, only to realize I've never finished it, sitting outside the Elite four, with only 4 of my team; This is Mystery number one. For the life of me, I can't fathom what happened to them cause I know I didn't trade them away.

So, I figured I'd finish the game to get my Legendaries to move to Diamond. After having hell of a time with only 4 of my original team and 2 fillers, because I didn't want to take the time to lvl 2 brand new ones.

Anyway, I've read on the Bulbapedia and other forums that you need to Catch/Battle Rayquaza to complete the Kyogre/Groudon Battle Event. Well, I distinctly remember completing that and I never even Seen Rayquaza or been to Sky Tower.

Now, I've completed the Game, found Kyogre and Groudon and I come to Sky Tower and here's Rayquaza waiting for me.

Did I miss something or am I losing my mind? It's been so long since I've played it that I can't remember most of what I did.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom