• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Quick question. If you have a saved journey on one line of the Battle Subway (say, the Super Multi Train), and you go play a round on another train (say, the Double Train), will the previous save be erased?

Trading on GST lv 9 Zekrom/Reshiram

Why do so many people want a lv 9 Z/R? I simply don't understand why anyone would want one as you can not
obtain one without action replay. If you want a hacked Pokemon, you should just go hack one in yourself and not spam
GST with these ridiculous offers.

I actually just want to go onto GST for some legit trades and not having people who want hacked Pokemon show up.
If you have the ability to hack, why would you bother sending them one if you could just hack the Pokemon they're offering
anyway.

3/4 trades that show up for me are these kinds of deals.

Feel free to move the thread if it's not in the correct section.

Re: Trading on GST lv 9 Zekrom/Reshiram

My guess is to exploit a glitch to evolve Pokémon that evolve by trading without actually trading.

True, but people leave these pokemon there for months at a time. Nowadays, searching the GTS will bring you no legitimate offers. Why can't we scroll offers in a list instead? I've had searches where 100% of the results were impossible trades :|

More than likely. I suspect the DS cartridge would have a seperate RAM chip to store extra save data, either that or saves for a single trainer can only be so big, and they include boxes, location, time, dex, badges, items, pokemon and the last BSub save.

If they let you save two, they'd more than likely go over however many kb a save is allowed to be.

Re: Kept an empty spot in my starter team

Catch that cute little Drifloon at Valley Windworks and put it on your team. You're welcome.

You can also put the Drifloon on Starly's place (it learns Fly) and catch a Bronzor or Buneary for your last slot.

It's been a widely known problem with the GTS ever since its introduction back in DP. Two whole generations, nine games in four pairs. At least G5 lets you connect to a live player and negotiate a trade in real time, but if GF wants to continue having the G4-style listings in XY then they had darn well better come up with some server-side quality controls.

At a minimum, you know that message "That Pokemon may not be offered for trade"? There needs to be a sister message -- "Please change your trade conditions".

They do it to show others how cool this pokemon is. Specially shinies.

hope this is going to the right place - I'm trying to reply to the first post I made.

Sigh.... this is really getting to me. I have been stuck in the same spot for days now. I beat the gym leader from Snowpoint, got rock climb & the badge; went to the lake and did all of that stuff. Since I was stuck for so long, I looked up every walkthrough known to man. They pretty much all say to go back to the warehouse to find the guy who is supposed to drop the key but it never happens! They say to go to the lake to find my rival and that there should be a cut scene, but when I do that its nothing but my rival telling me that he'll be waiting for me or something like that - I think he says for me to go to Valor Lakefront. But there is just nothing left to do as far as I can tell. So after days of running back & forth, I just keep ending back up where everyone is telling me to go to Galactic HQ to try to get the warehouse key, yet there is nobody there to give it. Nobody, nothing, nada. Zip.

Any idea what it is I could be missing??

I know it's kinda late to reply, but check for anything you might have missed.

1. Check Lake Acuity and fight Jupiter. You'll probably have Surf by now, so go inside the cave in the lakes. If I remember correctly, I think you have to check all three caves, whether they are empty or not.
2. Check Lake Verity and confront Mars. I think this is what you missed. You have to go back to the lake in front of your hometown at least once before triggering the Galactic HQ event
3. Check Lake Valor if you need to.
4. Get to Veilstone City and enter the Galactic building. Looker in disguise should come up to you and say that he'll help you.
5. Raid the Galactic HQ and fight everyone, pick up every item. You should get the key in the process. And also, you should find the room where Saturn and Charon is and release the lake guardians.

Are there any other places to train Special Attack other than the Celestial Tower in BW2?

Are there any other places to train Special Attack other than the Celestial Tower in BW2?

Well, the Celestial Tower is really the best place for it, but if you're getting bored of it, the Strange House has Litwick, Solosis, and Duosion show up for a combined 55% of the time. That being said, this only works for White 2, since Solosis and Duosion are version-exclusives.

I got a Japanese copy of Pokémon Crystal, but I'm having a little trouble getting the Egg Ticket. Bulbapedia says you get it from the Day Care couple, but when I talk to them they just offer to take my Pokémon for Day Care. Is there something special I have to do? Should I beat the Goldenrod gym first? Will they give it to me if I make an egg? How do I get it?

What do you win for completing the Pokédex?

The professor at least say something unique? In the beginning when you met them they say they specialize in something like researching Pokémon evolution and you need to fill the Pokédex to help him/her. Do they ever conclude something from their studies and tell you?

Last edited:

What do you win for completing the Pokédex?

The professor at least say something unique? In the beginning when you met them they say they specialize in something like researching Pokémon evolution and you need to fill the Pokédex to help him/her. Do they ever conclude something from their studies and tell you?

There's a GameFreak HQ in castelia. If you speak to one of the GF members in there, they'll give you a fancy diploma that would look nice on your wall
This applies to all other games as well.

FRLG - Celadon GF building
RSE - Lilycove inn (they're on vacation)
DPPt - Valor lake. One GF member is staying at one of the surrounding guest house
HGSS - Celadon GF building
BW and B2W2 - Castelia GF HQ

Other than the diploma, the prof gives you a compliment, and a Shiny Charm in B2W2 for easy shiny hunting

Just a silly question since i could't find it in here, how do you get more trainers in black city? I want to but some stones for evolving some pokemon and just to have more people in there, do i have to have pokemon white for it to fill up?? or can i get more trainers by visiting it each day?

Just a silly question since i could't find it in here, how do you get more trainers in black city? I want to but some stones for evolving some pokemon and just to have more people in there, do i have to have pokemon white for it to fill up?? or can i get more trainers by visiting it each day?
In Black, you have to connect with Entralink with White and get people to go to Black City I believe.

What's the best way for me to catch Kangastan and Taurous in Pokemon Red? I know they are in the Safari zone and rarely appear, but when they have, It has been impossible to catch them, so what can you suggest? and for someone who already caught them, what did you do exactly?

In Black, you have to connect with Entralink with White and get people to go to Black City I believe.

Man that sucks lol... i don't own white and most people don't play white anymore.. so the whole points thing and battling trainers in there doesnt effect the populace at all? hmm wonder who i can find to get the trainers like Ace Trainer Vincent cause i want to be able to get the evolution stones so when i breed certain pokemon i can evolve them and trade them over gts or on here... because its either that or go dust hunting in caves

What's the best way for me to catch Kangaskhan and Tauros in Pokemon Red? I know they are in the Safari zone and rarely appear, but when they have, It has been impossible to catch them, so what can you suggest? and for someone who already caught them, what did you do exactly?

It's pretty much luck-based, so just keep trying and hoping. The rocks and bait can do a little to help, but it's still based around luck. For more details, check out the Bulbapedia page on the Safari Zone.

(Also, for future reference, all Gen I-IV questions should go in a separate SQSA thread, found here in the Lost Tower subforum.)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

I got a Japanese copy of Pokémon Crystal, but I'm having a little trouble getting the Egg Ticket. Bulbapedia says you get it from the Day Care couple, but when I talk to them they just offer to take my Pokémon for Day Care. Is there something special I have to do? Should I beat the Goldenrod gym first? Will they give it to me if I make an egg? How do I get it?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom