• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

With "perfect Dittos", is the point of breeding them to pass down a complete set of perfect IVs (31) or can it only pass down one perfect IV, given that Ditto is holding the particular Power Item? How do people get Pokemon with perfect IVs across all stats? Apart from cheating.

I just want to have a perfect Zebstrika...how do you do it?

It's been quite the while that I've IV bred for anything, but from what I remember, each parent passes down 3 IVs to their offspring at random. Also something about one of the IVs (maybe HP?) being randomly generated by the game to give the offspring.

At any case, the more perfect 31 IVs a pokemon has, the higher the chance the offspring will inherit them. You could read further here, here, and here.

I wish I could answer your question, but I'm afraid I know little about IVs and stuff. xP

I have a question of my own though. I have a Petilil that I'd like to evolve soon and its ability is Own Tempo, which means it can't be confused. I'm thinking that I want to evolve Petilil now so it'll learn Petal Dance at lv. 46 instead of Leaf Storm because Own Tempo would negate the confusion side-effect. But Lilligant can also have the Chlorophyll ability. What I'm asking is if it's possible for my Petilil's ability to change upon evolution, thus ruining the idea of a Petal Dance-user that won't get confused. xP

Your particular pokemon won't switch abilities upon evolution.
The way pokemon articles are set up on bulbapedia is that each ability is set up in order to correspond with the ability of it's evolution.

So for Petilil to Liligant it'd be:
Chlorophyll → Chlorophyll
Own Tempo → Own Tempo
Leaf Guard → Leaf Guard

In another example, say you had Lillipup, it'd go something like so when evolved into Herdier:
Vital Spirit → Intimidate
Pickup → Sand Rush
Run Away → Scrappy

Vital Spirit Lilipup will never evolve into a Sand Rush/Scrappy Herdier. Hope this helped.

Last edited:

Ah, yes, thanks! This definitely helps. ^^

It's been quite the while that I've IV bred for anything, but from what I remember, each parent passes down 3 IVs to their offspring at random. Also something about one of the IVs (maybe HP?) being randomly generated by the game to give the offspring.

At any case, the more perfect 31 IVs a pokemon has, the higher the chance the offspring will inherit them. You could read further here, here, and here.

Pretty close. The parents have the possibility to pass down three altogether, (so two from one and one from the other, or even three from one and none from the other), and the other three are random.

In Gen V, how do you give wonder cards from your game to others'? And which events can you do this with?

I did a search to see if this has been asked, didn't see anything. What does the setting "battle scene off" do? I tried it could not tell any difference but I don't know. And I don't want to mess with anything over my head.

I did a search to see if this has been asked, didn't see anything. What does the setting "battle scene off" do? I tried it could not tell any difference but I don't know. And I don't want to mess with anything over my head.

That option refers to battle animations for moves. If you turn it off, the battle will simply proceed through the text, while leaving it on shows the animations for each move throughout the battle.

Generally, people turn off the animations when they want battles to go faster; otherwise, people leave them on to watch the pretty explosions. :D

Understanding the Pokedex

Hello....today I played Black 2 for the first time. This would be only the 2nd Pokemon game that I've tried...more or less. I am trying to figure something out but having a hard time.

If I were to have say...oh...just throwing this out there, a hacked game that included Pokedex #s 1-250 (I was offered all 649 but declined - I figured bad enough that I'm doing this. Let me at least keep a reason for playing! (and they're all shiny. And more...)

OK so if I (theoretically) had Pokedex #s 1-250 on a game, is there a way to say that these are broken down to something like "I have all of so & so region"? I'm really just trying to figure out what region who goes in & how close I might be to finishing owning one. One thing I wanted to do was to have possession of every Pokemon all in one game. I see that Pearl won't allow that because of space limitations. Seemed like Black 2 had more storage space i just don't know how much. But I don't understand why they seem to have made it so its not like its, for instance, Region #1 is Pokemon numbers 1-100 and Region 2 is 101-200 or whatever.

I can tell my question is convoluted but that's partly because I don't really know what I'm saying lol. That's why I'm axing. Axewing. Asking. derp. Thanks!

Re: Understanding the Pokedex

In the National Dex the regional splits are as follows -

#1-151 Kanto
#152-251 Johto
#252-386 Hoenn
#387-493 Sinnoh
#494-649 Unova

It goes without saying that everyone is completely entitled to play the games however they wish. However, if you can forgive me for throwing my two cents in, I think you are depriving yourself of a lot of satisfaction by hacking and obtaining so many Pokémon so easily.

Re: Understanding the Pokedex

OK so if I (theoretically) had Pokedex #s 1-250 on a game, is there a way to say that these are broken down to something like "I have all of so & so region"? I'm really just trying to figure out what region who goes in & how close I might be to finishing owning one. One thing I wanted to do was to have possession of every Pokemon all in one game. I see that Pearl won't allow that because of space limitations. Seemed like Black 2 had more storage space i just don't know how much. But I don't understand why they seem to have made it so its not like its, for instance, Region #1 is Pokemon numbers 1-100 and Region 2 is 101-200 or whatever.

In the National Dex the regional splits are as follows -

#1-151 Kanto
#152-251 Johto
#252-386 Hoenn
#387-493 Sinnoh
#494-649 Unova

Furthering the point, the numbering system reflects the number of Pokémon that came out in each generation. For RBY, there were only 151 Pokémon. When GSC, came out, 100 more Pokémon were added, bringing the total up to 251. And so on and so forth for Gens. III, IV, and V as Narcisse listed. If you have the first 250 Pokémon, that means you have all the Kanto and Johto Pokémon except for Celebi, Johto's event legendary.

As for the boxes, Pearl's PC has enough room for 540 Pokémon, enough for one of all 493 species existing in Gen IV (separate forms such as the different Unown, Shellos/Gastrodon, Wormadam etc. notwithstanding). The PC in Black 2 can end up holding 720 Pokémon, enough for the 649 Pokémon existing in Gen V. Note that, in order to help with time spent saving, the boxes are unlocked in sets of 8, up to 24; to unlock a new set of boxes, there must be at least one Pokémon in each available box.

Game Compatibility

I've been pretty upset this week as far as Pokemon related stuff. I have only just in the past 6 months gotten all of the following, and now i'm finding out that possibly none of these may be usable with and transferrable to/from the next Pokemon games coming out? If this is the case, I am ....Irate. I can NOT just take all of the money I've spent and have it go to waste pretty much. I was hoping to be able to do something like transfer Pokemon from one game to another, trade between them, complete at least a Pokedex....Seems like with what I have I may not be able to.

If I list which games & systems I have, could someboy tell me what works together? I would appreciate it. Otherwise I'm just really ticked off. That is so not cool. OK here's what I have.

a. A DS Lite, that I just re-bought at like a $40 loss after getting rid of it before I had ever gotten into Pokemon or had any need for my GBA slot. Sigh....
b. A DSi . Nuff said.
c. Pokemon Pearl
d. Pokemon Diamond
e. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team
f. LeafGreen
g. Emerald
h. Black II
Soooo.... I just wanted to have some ability to have them work together or something. I dunno. :bawl:

Re: Game Compatibility

I've been pretty upset this week as far as Pokemon related stuff. I have only just in the past 6 months gotten all of the following, and now i'm finding out that possibly none of these may be usable with and transferrable to/from the next Pokemon games coming out? If this is the case, I am ....Irate. I can NOT just take all of the money I've spent and have it go to waste pretty much. I was hoping to be able to do something like transfer Pokemon from one game to another, trade between them, complete at least a Pokedex....Seems like with what I have I may not be able to.

If I list which games & systems I have, could someboy tell me what works together? I would appreciate it. Otherwise I'm just really ticked off. That is so not cool. OK here's what I have.

a. A DS Lite, that I just re-bought at like a $40 loss after getting rid of it before I had ever gotten into Pokemon or had any need for my GBA slot. Sigh....
b. A DSi . Nuff said.
c. Pokemon Pearl
d. Pokemon Diamond
e. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team
f. LeafGreen
g. Emerald
h. Black II
Soooo.... I just wanted to have some ability to have them work together or something. I dunno. :bawl:
If you use the DS Lite, you can connect Emerald and LeafGreen to Pearl and Diamond using the GBA slot

Diamond and Pearl can connect to Black 2 using 2 DS systems( your DS Lite and DSi will work)

Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team does nothing with any of those games.

Hi to all! I think i just formed my phobias on bad eggs..
As a pokemon fan i dont use hacks,emulators to modify the normal game...i just recently heard that if the system detects something fishy (having more master balls or something) the system releases this bad egg and then crushes your data..

Ok here's the question....
I am a Master ball collector (odd hobby though),
If i transfer another master ball from a game to another game then adds it into my inventory (resulting to have 2 masterballs in my bag) , will this event send bad egg to crush my data? Thanks to the reply!

As a pokemon fan i dont use hacks,emulators to modify the normal game...i just recently heard that if the system detects something fishy (having more master balls or something) the system releases this bad egg and then crushes your data..

If i transfer another master ball from a game to another game then adds it into my inventory (resulting to have 2 masterballs in my bag) , will this event send bad egg to crush my data? Thanks to the reply!

Seeing as how there are several ways to get extra Master Balls in-game legitimately, I don't think getting extra Master Balls (especially in a legitimate manner) will trigger a bad egg.

It never happened me, i did that in Gen 3 and 4 games, never got a bad egg.

what are the easiest/fastest ways to transfer pokemons from white to black 2?? In my white i have gen IV Pokemons in some of my boxes.

i just started on my black 2, i only have one badge. so what are the other ways is there?

i just started on my black 2, i only have one badge. so what are the other ways is there?

You will have to wait until you can trade, there isn't any other way to get Pokemon from White to Black 2

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom