• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Question about the IV judge!

Hey guys, I am having trouble with what the IV judge is saying about this pokemon I take to him. "This Pokemon has outstanding potential overall." "That's how I judge it, anyway." "Incidentally, I would say that its greatest potential lies in its Defense stat." "Although its Sp. Atk stat is equally good." "Its Sp. Def stat seems just as good, though." "And, well, its Speed stat is good, too." "Stats like those... They simply can't be beat!". Does this mean all 4 of those are 31-maxed?

I am mostly concerned because the sentence "And, well, its Speed stat is good, too". It sounds vague to me. I get the "equally", and the "just as good", but this sentence just makes me think its like close to 31. Am I wrong about this, I have a feeling that im overthinking. But I have to know before I start attempting to breed perfect IV's.

Re: Question about the IV judge!

Hey guys, I am having trouble with what the IV judge is saying about this pokemon I take to him. "This Pokemon has outstanding potential overall." "That's how I judge it, anyway." "Incidentally, I would say that its greatest potential lies in its Defense stat." "Although its Sp. Atk stat is equally good." "Its Sp. Def stat seems just as good, though." "And, well, its Speed stat is good, too." "Stats like those... They simply can't be beat!". Does this mean all 4 of those are 31-maxed?

I am mostly concerned because the sentence "And, well, its Speed stat is good, too". It sounds vague to me. I get the "equally", and the "just as good", but this sentence just makes me think its like close to 31. Am I wrong about this, I have a feeling that im overthinking. But I have to know before I start attempting to breed perfect IV's.
As long as he says that then it means the IVs are 31. So don't worry about it too much :p

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

So I was wondering when IV breeding and utilizing natures. I figured out I have no idea which natures are good or not. Like does it depend on what you are looking for or are there just certain natures that are better than others like say for attack. So my question is what are some of the best natures for each stat?

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Is Knock Off permanent now? I just battled against a Hariyama that used it on my Pidgeot, knocking off its Pecha Berry. When I checked its status, it no longer had the item, even though it hadn't consumed it. I don't know how many Pecha Berries I had before, so I'm not sure if it was just returned to my inventory or not. I'm afraid to risk losing items that are harder to get now.

I was dumb and lost my Lucky Egg, is there another place to get one? I've seen a lot of Chansey on Wonder Trade, do they still sometimes hold Lucky Egg/where are they found?

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

So I was wondering when IV breeding and utilizing natures. I figured out I have no idea which natures are good or not. Like does it depend on what you are looking for or are there just certain natures that are better than others like say for attack. So my question is what are some of the best natures for each stat?

Each Nature raises one stat 10% and lowers another stat 10%. Which nature is "good" depends on the species of Pokemon and how you want to raise it (i.e. focus on maximizing its strengths or shoring up its weaknesses to make it well-balanced.) You can find which stats are affected by each nature here:

Nature - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

I'm trying to breed a Charmander with 5 max IVs, I'm at 3 out of 5 IVs, just needing Def and S.def. Is the easiest way to get something with those 2 IVs hunting for a Friend Code ditto with max defence and s.defence? The only other way I figure it to try and get a female Charmander with max def and s.def, but it's pretty hard breeding a female charmander with the 2 ivs I need.

Luminose City Style

Hey, so I'm trying to get my hatchery up and running and the hatching power would be great to have in lieu of my super Join Avenue. I'm almost at max style, but I can't figure out what I haven't done. The rest of the internet doesn't seem to be of much help yet, the only guide I've found is someone who posted a photo of a player guide.

What I've done in Luminose City:
- Visited all Cafes
- Eaten at all restaurants
- Ridden in cab, on Gogoat, on train
- Bought clothes from shop
- Got hair cut
- Got Furfrou styled
- Made PR Videos
- Visited Museum (Listened to audio log)
- Tried and won at Loto-ID (1 digit match)
- Bought Galette
- Bought juice
- Made juice
- Shopped at all stores
- Worked all hotel jobs (promoted once)
- Fought at Battle Institute
- Been guided by Alexa at Luminose Press

I have a couple theories as to what I may need to do:
- Perfect all meals
- Stay at hotel for the nice
- Ride on Gogoat on all stops
- Tip a certain amount of money

The Mega Stone salesman is offering me the item for 50k, so I'm close. I am just sort of stuck, and the Le Wow Rotation battle is pissing me off.

Re: Luminose City Style

Just got to the Poke Ball Boutique, activate your highest level of Bargain Power, and buy 1 Premier Ball at a time (roughly 70-110; it depends on how high your style is currently). When you're done you should be at max style. I haven't done A LOT of the "required" things like working at the hotel, etc., but I made it to max style just fine c:

Also gunna go ahead and move this thread to the XY Simple Questions, Simple Answers thread!

Easy way to max it.

Set Text Speed to Fast, use Bargain O-Power, go to the PokeBall Boutique. Now buy LOTS of PokeBalls, like 100 or so. But don't buy in bulk, select a Ball and keep pressing A one to purchase one at a time. This will max your Style after a few minutes of doing this.

Wow. Okay. I didn't know you could do things multiple times like that. Also, sorry for posting in the wrong place. Thanks : D

What I've done in Luminose City:
- Visited all Cafes
- Eaten at all restaurants
- Ridden in cab, on Gogoat, on train
- Bought clothes from shop
- Got hair cut
- Got Furfrou styled
- Made PR Videos
- Visited Museum (Listened to audio log)
- Tried and won at Loto-ID (1 digit match)
- Bought Galette
- Bought juice
- Made juice
- Shopped at all stores
- Worked all hotel jobs (promoted once)
- Fought at Battle Institute
- Been guided by Alexa at Luminose Press

Things in bold are things i never even bothered to do, or at least, for things like Cafe's and such, i didn't go to every single one of them c:
So ya, you dont /need/ to do all of this, just so long as you do a good amount and buy them poke balls :B

I was dumb and lost my Lucky Egg, is there another place to get one? I've seen a lot of Chansey on Wonder Trade, do they still sometimes hold Lucky Egg/where are they found?

I've caught Chansey in friend safaris that were holding a lucky punch, i'd assume some might be holding lucky eggs as well.

There are Chansey's on the friend safari, if you have a friend with normal type and that pokemon. Chansey's can hold lucky eggs, but the chance is 5% :/ So you probaby have to search through alot of Chansey's to get one. You should have a pokemon with the frisk ability or the move thief :)
-I traded away my lucky egg on an accident, it still hurts :'(

So, I think I heard that you can catch Mewtwo in this game? Can someone tell me how?

So, I think I heard that you can catch Mewtwo in this game? Can someone tell me how?

He's in the Pokemon Village (found at the end of Route 20), in a cave. You can only enter this cave after beating the Champion, however.

He's in the Pokemon Village (found at the end of Route 20), in a cave. You can only enter this cave after beating the Champion, however.

I thought that might be the reason the cave was called Unknown Cave. It was the same kind of place Mewtwo was found in Kanto. lol

I have beaten the Champion though, so that's no problem.

Putting this in spoiler tags for people who want to find themselves:
Mewtwo can be found, somewhat appropriately, in a cave that a guy was blocking until you beat the Elite 4. The cave entrance is in Pokémon Village; I believe you need Surf to get to it.

What about glow punch? I can't recall seeing this move anywhere. Or was it one of the things that get scrapped before release?

What about glow punch? I can't recall seeing this move anywhere. Or was it one of the things that get scrapped before release?

Glow Punch is Power Up Punch and is TM 98, Korrina gives it to you when you beat her.

Glow Punch is Power Up Punch and is TM 98, Korrina gives it to you when you beat her.

Oh, so there is no glow punch? *gasps* Here go the wishes of the people who wanted a physical fairy move. Yeah, well at least we have play rough. Thanks for the clarification though :)

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom