• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions/Simple Answers (Legends Arceus)

The man at the crafting station in Jubilife sells them; they're in a separate option from the materials.
And why doesn't the game tell you this? I would have liked to know a long time ago. Stupid...

To be honest I would not have known that either had I not found/done the Piplup quest in which the woman tells you that you need to purchase the necessary recipe from the crafting shop.
I did that quest too, but I don't even remember her mentioning that. But maybe I wasn't paying attention.

I could have sworn they showed you somewhere, but checking the tutorials doesn't show me anything. Maybe one of those easy-to-miss NPC dialogs?
Apparently, if that aforementioned lady with the Piplup counts.

I discovered the recipes early on; but mainly because I talk to shopkeepers as a general rule. When you interact with the crafting merchant, he gives you the option to buy either recipes or materials in his dialogue. Other than the Piplup sidequest, I don’t think the game mentions that you can buy recipes; usually its just Cylenne giving you a recipe when you hit certain Star levels, or occasionally getting a recipe through side-quests.

As someone who does buy recipes semi-frequently; check back with the crafting merchant from time to time. His inventory levels up as you progress.

I haven't done any Piplup sidequest... Maybe I'm misremembering and I got it from Serebii/Bulbapedia?
Well if another NPC gives that information I missed that, I only got it from the Piplup lady which doesn't bother me as that quest is the only time I've ever bought a recipe from the crafting shop. All the other recipes I've used were among the ones given to you with rank-ups.

The Piplup quest is actually one of too few apart from the Pokedex entry ones that give clear instructions on who to find, where to go and/or what to look for.

Last edited:
Okay, is Cherubi stupid rare or something? I heard you can find it in trees in the Heartwood of the Obsidian Fieldlands but I couldn't find a single one in the trees there. Was this incorrect info? Are there other places it can be found in? I've never been able to find or see it at all in this game, so I got no idea.

Okay, is Cherubi stupid rare or something? I heard you can find it in trees in the Heartwood of the Obsidian Fieldlands but I couldn't find a single one in the trees there. Was this incorrect info? Are there other places it can be found in? I've never been able to find or see it at all in this game, so I got no idea.
They're a lot more common in the trees in Coronet Highlands (70% spawn from shaking trees are according to serebii) around the Lonely Spring and the river on the west side of the map.

They're a lot more common in the trees in Coronet Highlands (70% spawn from shaking trees are according to serebii) around the Lonely Spring and the river on the west side of the map.
Alright, thanks, I'll try that.

According to the research I did, both Cherubi and Cherrim are exclusive to the Highlands. That's where I finally found my Cherubi.
For some strange reason, Cherbui is considerably rarer than Cherrim but both spawn in the 3 or 4 blue ones right outside the Mountain Camp so it's not too obnoxious since you have to return to the village to reset them.

Oh, if they're both only in the Highlands, that explains a lot. But yeah, it still took me longer to find Cherubi than it did to find more Cherrim.

According to the research I did, both Cherubi and Cherrim are exclusive to the Highlands. That's where I finally found my Cherubi.
For some strange reason, Cherbui is considerably rarer than Cherrim but both spawn in the 3 or 4 blue ones right outside the Mountain Camp so it's not too obnoxious since you have to return to the village to reset them.

- I caught both a Cherubi and a Cherrim in Heartwood forest.

Obsidian Fieldlands Cherubi Locations Pokemon Legends Arceus.jpg

Okay, can someone please explain what is going on in my game here now...

I'm trying to catch the forces trio, yeah? I got Landorus already, he was relatively annoyance-free. But now I'm trying to get Thundurus and nothing I did vs Landorus seems to be working at all, even though I got these ideas from a video. Stealth spray isn't working, I still keep getting attacked by the Gyarados surrounding Thundurus when I use it. And throwing stuff at Thundurus isn't stunning him like it was stunning Landorus. I'm throwing mud, sticky gobs, spoiled apricorns, etc. Nothing is doing anything to him. I'm trying to do exactly as the player in the video had done to catch these guys. So I don't get what's going on at all.

Is there a specific way to catch the flying Magnezone or do I just need to be skilled at throwing jet balls?

Back
Top Bottom