• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: Simple Questions, Simple Answers

They aren't bad ideas, but they are a little redundant, considering Eusine did a similar thing with Suicune in Gold and Silver.
True, however, in the games or manga, some people actually witnessed seeing Suicune so they knew he existed while in my case it's all so doubtful, like with the UFOs in real life - all you have is people saying they saw something. There are hundreds of reports, many of them are fake and mostly there is no concrete evidence to prove their existence. Additionally, my character would be far more obsessed with myths and legends than Yveltal itself (with it being the source of his craziness) so I'd be writing a much more unstable character than Eusine.

But like I said, it all depends on how the plot of X/Y games plays out. ^^

I have a new question. I'm still playing around with that clone story I mentioned earlier, and I am reconsidering having the cloning process itself include memories. So I am trying to think of ways to copy memories from the originals to the clones. One possibility that came up was using a psychic Pokemon of some sort to access people's memories while they are asleep. Brains work on electrical signals, and you could conceivably turn those signals into the ones used by machines.

What I am thinking is that a psychic could be used to scan someone's memory, copy it, and interface with machine so the memories could be stored electronically. My question is, are there any Pokemon that especially deal with memories, or something like that? Do you guys understand what I am trying to go for?

Thank you

I'd say use Musharna. Dreams are basically just memories, and you could have some kind of machine that analyzes and parses the dream mist in such a way that it resembles the memories of whatever person.

Hey guys. Can someone tell how to link a chapter, during the text green so people can click on it?

mention me please

Well if you want to link a specific chapter all you have to do is click on the top right corner of the post the chapter is in, when you click there it will take you directly to that post and give you a specific link, for example your post is number 124, so if I click on one 124 it'll give me this link.

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f455/general-writing-questions-146246/index9.html#post4744639

and with this you can be linked to that post every time you click on the link.

Now for linking a chapter I would suggest making an index in the first post if you haven't already, you can number and list all of the chapter you have posted and add these links to them through the insert link button, you can find it in the quick reply or full reply box and it's the earth like figuring with a chain attached to it, all you have to do is write something that defines the chapter like it's name, then highlight it and attach the link.

Like this

you can also do it manually like this like this[/URL
@
Eeveeforthebest;

I'd say use Musharna. Dreams are basically just memories, and you could have some kind of machine that analyzes and parses the dream mist in such a way that it resembles the memories of whatever person.

Well, some dreams are made of up recent memories, but dreams aren't completely memories. And dreams are only stored in short term memory because the chemicals that initiate the dreaming process also suppress the chemicals required for long term memory storage. That's why we don't remember the majority of our dreams.

And dreams aren't always that coherent, so just using raw dreams wouldn't work, because these clones need to know everything their originals do. But it still works. If Musharna have the ability to pull out dream information from the brain, even pulling it from parts as primitive as the brain stem, where dreams start, then that means they potentially have the ability to pull any kind of information from the brain, period. So maybe you could train them to pull out raw memory information instead of their usual dream visuals. And machine transfer doesn't seem too hard. Their premiere episode had a machine that converted their dream mist into energy, so...

Haha, now I shall have an evil army of trained Musharna! Fly Musharna, fly! Do my evil bidding, rain down upon helpless humanity!

I mean, uh...

But seriously, thank you so very much.

Gender-Bends

So after getting use to my final art style with my foxes and other animals, I started storyboarding. After looking at other elemental type drawings and seen female elementals.....I decided to change my wind character into a female :D
Does anyone think that's an exciting idea? And what kind of jokes can be made since my wind character was/is calm and quiet?(You know for those funny moments like all animes/cartoons have)

Re: Gender-Bends

^Well, admittedly the four classical elements are given genders in symbolism, and the element of air (along with fire) is usually considered male. So a female wind/air elemental is different to say the least. As for jokes, you could make references to hurricanes, tornadoes...I guess I'm not really understanding the question very well. I'm sorry.

^Not really, I'm more familiar with Fire/Earth being male, and Wind/Water being female, so a female wind character makes perfect sense to me.

I'm considering writing a Digimon fan-ficition, and then publishing it here. One of the main recommendations that's always given in reviews is "describe the Pokémon as if the reader doesn't know them". How do I go about doing that for Digimon, when, in two paragraph, I've mentioned about 3 different concepts (4 concepts, if you count the title, but that could change), without it seeming clunky?

I do eventually plan on introducing a character that will ask all these questions, and be a substitute for the audience, but until then, should I just ignore everything and wait for the rookie to make an appearance?

First of all, which Digi-timeline is this set in (eg. Adventure, Tamers, Frontier, etc.) and which existing Digimon are you planning to introduce, if any? Are there any fan Digimon involved?

It will an original timeline, going off of the "alternate dimensions" concept, but borrowing a lot from Savers. Plenty of Digimon will be involved, but none of them will be fan-created.

Okay--go find pictures of each of the Digimon you plan to introduce (the big Digi-wiki, Wikimon has a list of every known Digimon (and some cut and unreleased ones) from 1997 to today, and most of them have a picture), and try to describe the Digimon's pictures in words

Yeah, that's a given, and I do use Wikimon. My main question is about the concepts, such as the Digital World, Digimon themselves, Digimentals, Evolution (and the different types of it)... etc. When writing Pokémon fan-fiction, I don't have to explain Gym Leaders, Evolution, Regions, nor what a Pokémon is.

As I said before, there will be a character introduced in the series who will be a substitute for the audience, but until then, should these things go unexplained?

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom