• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following on from that EV stuff. I have seen a lot of EV spreads as 252/252/4 which is 508 EV points used. Why would you do this, when according to other bits I have read here you have 510 EV points to play with and each stat area can hold 255. Why do you not just half the 510 and max out two stat areas?

Also how long does the Pokerus last, and is there a way to keep it longer on a single pokemon?

Thanks

Every 4 EV's you put on a stat account for one stat point when the pokemon reaches level 100. Therefore if your pokemon's final EV in a stat is not a multiple of 4, the remaining EV's will be wasted. Basically a pokemon with a 252 attack will have the same as a pokemon with 255 attack, so those last 3 EV's are wasted. You will always have 2 wasted EV's no matter what.

Ah, so it would effectively be pointless to go to the 255 as you will not gain the last point. In turn it may as well be used up on another stat area so it is not wasted.
Thanks very much. :)

I was looking at the Box Data at the Global Terminal today, and I noticed that some of the people had a picture of a Pokémon next to them on their profile. How do I do this?

^ I believe the lady next to the PC at the GTS does that. She asks if the first pokemon in your party is your favorite. If you say yes, that pokemon will be shown on your profile.

I was wondering what the best Nature for a Gastly would be? I would imagine Modest or Mild. Is that correct?

I was looking at the Box Data at the Global Terminal today, and I noticed that some of the people had a picture of a Pokémon next to them on their profile. How do I do this?

In the Global Terminal, right next to the GTS, there is a lady that asks you if the first Pokémon in your party is your favorite (I think). Just talk to her with the Pokémon you want to appear next to you on your Wi-Fi profile in the front of your party.

If I'm in in the Great Marsh and I'm looking through the binoculars and I see a pokemon that I want in Area 4. Does that mean when I play the Safari game that pokemon will only show in Area 4 or can it show up in any area?

If I'm in in the Great Marsh and I'm looking through the binoculars and I see a pokemon that I want in Area 4. Does that mean when I play the Safari game that pokemon will only show in Area 4 or can it show up in any area?

The binoculars just show that a Pokemon will indefinitely be in the area that you are viewing. There is just a higher chance of success if you look in that area. There isn't as high of a chance looking for it elsewhere. That was my interpretation of the Great Marsh's binocular system, anyway.

=/

Can any one help me with my evolution of Tyrouge? I dont know how to get his attack and defence the same to get hitmontop.

Can any one help me with my evolution of Tyrouge? I dont know how to get his attack and defence the same to get hitmontop.

i haven't really tried, so i'll give the best 2 answers.

1.) keep on breeding and evolving until you get lucky,

or (the more sensible solution)

2.) EV train the Tyrogue.

Question, do the stat reducing berries existi in Gen III or are they Gen IV exclusive?

If they don't, is there anyway to reset a Pokemon's EVs to 0 in Gen III?

Where does the "boah" in "Tyraniboah" come from?
I've never been able to make any sense of it.

someone was spamming BOAH BOAH BOAH in netbattle chat when jumpman was using it. it stuck.

boah is german for great so I assume it means tyranitar the great or something

I have now sorted my Tyrouge problem and got a Hitmontop, now to get Lee and Chan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom