• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belly Drum does not cause recoil damage. Rock Head will only prevent recoil from moves like Double Edge or Volt Tackle.

To better clarify, any move that says '[Pokémon] is hit by recoil!' after you use it gives the Pokémon recoil damage. Moves that give the user damage, but with different messages (e.g. Belly Drum, Ghost-type Curse, Substitute) do not give recoil damage, and therefore are not covered by Rock Head.

The pedia pages on Starter Pokémon and Blue talk about how, in Yellow Version, Blue's Eevee evolves based off of the outcome of previous battles with him. However, it doesn't explain how the evolution is determined. Can anyone explain this to me?

The pedia pages on Starter Pokémon and Blue talk about how, in Yellow Version, Blue's Eevee evolves based off of the outcome of previous battles with him. However, it doesn't explain how the evolution is determined. Can anyone explain this to me?

* If the player beats the rival at both Oak's Lab and the early optional battle at Route 22, Eevee evolves into Jolteon.
* If the player loses one of these two battles or passes up the Route 22 battle, Eevee evolves into Flareon.
* If the player loses at Oak's Lab, Eevee evolves into Vaporeon.

If Slakoth/Slaking is asleep and used Sleep Talk, does it still skip every other turn?

If Slakoth/Slaking is asleep and used Sleep Talk, does it still skip every other turn?

"At the Pokemon's turn, a "Truant check" is made after the sleep and freeze checks, and before the confusion check" (UPC)

In other words, if the Pokemon is asleep or frozen, whatever the Truant value was after the previous turn stays until the Pokemon wakes up or defrosts. This is my interpretation, though it can easily be wrong.

Wait so does that mean Slaking can't use Sleep Talk at all? I'm kinda confused here
While Slaking is asleep, the Truant counter continues to switch between 0 and 1 so yes, you can use Sleep Talk, but on turns when it's Truant it'll just say it's asleep instead of loafing around.

The pokewalker course beyond the sea is supposed to be unlocked when you have done a trade on the gts, ive done this but have not unlocked the course. Why?

The pokewalker course beyond the sea is supposed to be unlocked when you have done a trade on the gts, ive done this but have not unlocked the course. Why?

It's not just any trade on GTS it has to be a foreign Pokemon from a foreign person.

When a pokemon levels up, does it use up some of its EVs?
(i hope that makes sence)
Thank you for any help

While Slaking is asleep, the Truant counter continues to switch between 0 and 1 so yes, you can use Sleep Talk, but on turns when it's Truant it'll just say it's asleep instead of loafing around.

Ooooooh I see that makes sense. Thanks!

When a pokemon levels up, does it use up some of its EVs?
(i hope that makes sence)
Thank you for any help

When a Pokémon levels up, its stats are recalculated based on its level. Its EVs are not changed by the act of levelling up, but the stats will raise because your level is higher. If you have a lot of EVs in a stat, that stat will raise more on level-up because the EVs increase that stat's end value when it's recalculated.

I don't have to be a rocket scientist to know this has been brought up before, but I'd rather not look through 580 pages.

Okay, here's the deal.
I did a little research on EV training, since we all know that there's no way you can win a wifi battle, let alone a full blown tournament, without EV training your pokemon too.
I think I got the gist of how it works, but I just can't seem to get it working, or maybe I am doing it right, but I haven't seen the effects yet?

Example: I bred goldeen over and over until I got one with an Adamant nature and the "Likes to thrash about" characteristic" because I want to train it primarily in the Attack stat. The minute it was hatched, I made it guzzle down 10 protiens for it's Attack boost. I let it hold the macho brace, which as far as I know, lowers it's speed in a battle, but doubles the number of Effort Points you get from a pokemon you beat. On top of that, it has the Pokerus.
So how come when I'm grinding other goldeen/seaking that grant me effort points in Attack, I'm still usually getting only +2 or 3 to my attack stat? I might be wrong, and please tell me if I am, but for every four effort points in a single stat you get, you'll get +1 to that stat when you level. And if I'm getting a minimum of four effort points for taking out other goldeens, and I KO at least 20 of those things before I level, why am I only getting +2, or +3 if I'm lucky? Once or twice I saw a +4 or +5 but I haven't since then, and I'm at level 55 now. Do the big stat boosts not kick in until late in the leveling? Am I doing something wrong?

I don't have to be a rocket scientist to know this has been brought up before, but I'd rather not look through 580 pages.

Okay, here's the deal.
I did a little research on EV training, since we all know that there's no way you can win a wifi battle, let alone a full blown tournament, without EV training your pokemon too.
I think I got the gist of how it works, but I just can't seem to get it working, or maybe I am doing it right, but I haven't seen the effects yet?

Example: I bred goldeen over and over until I got one with an Adamant nature and the "Likes to thrash about" characteristic" because I want to train it primarily in the Attack stat. The minute it was hatched, I made it guzzle down 10 protiens for it's Attack boost. I let it hold the macho brace, which as far as I know, lowers it's speed in a battle, but doubles the number of Effort Points you get from a pokemon you beat. On top of that, it has the Pokerus.
So how come when I'm grinding other goldeen/seaking that grant me effort points in Attack, I'm still usually getting only +2 or 3 to my attack stat? I might be wrong, and please tell me if I am, but for every four effort points in a single stat you get, you'll get +1 to that stat when you level. And if I'm getting a minimum of four effort points for taking out other goldeens, and I KO at least 20 of those things before I level, why am I only getting +2, or +3 if I'm lucky? Once or twice I saw a +4 or +5 but I haven't since then, and I'm at level 55 now. Do the big stat boosts not kick in until late in the leveling? Am I doing something wrong?
For every 4 EVs in one stat, that stat will be one stat point higher at level 100. You won't really notice higher stat growth unless you earn a bunch of EVs at level 99 or something.

Is it possible for someone to get me Oak's letter? I want to catch Shaymin myself, not just have it handed to me.

Is it possible for someone to get me Oak's letter? I want to catch Shaymin myself, not just have it handed to me.

Oak's Letter is a Key Item. So it can't be held. So no.

Your current task... is a Shiny Suicune, right? You know there will be an event Shiny Suicune in the near future, right?

Balls... thanks

oh, and any idea when the official azure flute distib. will be?

Oh... I thought bulbapedia said that it hasnt officially been distributed yet.

"The only legitimate way to get Arceus is with the Azure Flute, which has yet to be distributed officially, or through a Nintendo event."

So was that info just false, and it'll never be distributed?

Oh... I thought bulbapedia said that it hasnt officially been distributed yet.

"The only legitimate way to get Arceus is with the Azure Flute, which has yet to be distributed officially, or through a Nintendo event."

So was that info just false, and it'll never be distributed?

It's not false per se, Nintendo COULD technically give out any thing at any time. In this case, they had the Arceus event where you could get the Arceus that activated the event in HGSS. As for the flute... it MAY never be distributed.

Okay, new question. What does the guy in the Violet City Pokecenter do? His looks remind me of the pokedude from FireRed. He reminds me of the guy upstairs in the poketech building who lets you get mystery gift. What does this guy do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom