• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
...yeah, I guess there wouldn't be. It was just something I wanted to know.

On this board I have noticed something called a F.E.A.R. Rattata. This is supposedly level 1 and knows the move Endeavor. The question I have is how can a level 1 rattata know this move as a Rattata doesn't learn it until level 34 and it cannot be taught by breeding. (This is from Bulbapedia, so I might have read it wrong)

Last edited:
Forgive me if this is a silly question, but I just logged onto the GTS for the first time today and am very interested in making some trades. However, I understand that you can only trade for pokemon that you have already seen in your game file. - For instance, how can anyone trade for a Darkrai when they haven't seen it before? I'd also like to trade for the Johto starters but I don't know where I can see them. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks in advance.

Forgive me if this is a silly question, but I just logged onto the GTS for the first time today and am very interested in making some trades. However, I understand that you can only trade for pokemon that you have already seen in your game file. - For instance, how can anyone trade for a Darkrai when they haven't seen it before? I'd also like to trade for the Johto starters but I don't know where I can see them. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't reccomend (sp?) using the GTS. Also, a Legit Darkrai CANNOT be traded over the GTS, because it has a Classic Ribbon. You will have to trade - tradeback or battle with someone (not sure about the second one...) who has those Pokemon before you can seek them on the GTS.

EDIT: I type too fast...

On this board I have noticed something called a F.E.A.R. Rattata. This is supposedly level 1 and knows the move Endeavor. The question I have is how can a level 1 rattata know this move as a Rattata doesn't learn it until level 34 and it cannot be taught by breeding. (This is from Bulbapedia, so I might have read it wrong)

Any level-up move is capable of being passed to the offspring by breeding, assuming the father knows the move. Moves on breeding lists are moves that can only be obtained through breeding, not the only moves that can be obtained through breeding.

Any level-up move is capable of being passed to the offspring by breeding, assuming the father knows the move. Moves on breeding lists are moves that can only be obtained through breeding, not the only moves that can be obtained through breeding.
To be born with level-up moves, both parents need to know it, actually. For a FEAR Rattata, both the mother and father must know Endeavor for it to be passed on to the child.

Ah, O.K. but if I bred my rattata with a Ditto (my Rattata is female) would the moves still be passed on? I know the rules are slightly different with Dittos. Thanks again guys.

Rock Slide isn't shown as an egg move for skarmory. But it's in Skarmory's learnable TMs list. That means it can have Rock Slide as an egg move, right?

Rock Slide isn't shown as an egg move for skarmory. But it's in Skarmory's learnable TMs list. That means it can have Rock Slide as an egg move, right?

If it's parent (father) had learned it from TM, then yes.

Ah, O.K. but if I bred my rattata with a Ditto (my Rattata is female) would the moves still be passed on? I know the rules are slightly different with Dittos. Thanks again guys.

No. Both parents must know the level up move in order to pass it down

If it's parent (father) had learned it from TM, then yes.

To follow up that question, what if the father learned it through level-up? (like, a Tyranitar with Earthquake). Can it still pass on to the baby as a TM move (bred with a different pokemon, of course) or is it counted as a level-up move?

To follow up that question, what if the father learned it through level-up? (like, a Tyranitar with Earthquake). Can it still pass on to the baby as a TM move (bred with a different pokemon, of course) or is it counted as a level-up move?

I'm pretty sure it can't unless it to is an egg move. On the flip side of things, if a pokemon learned a move through TM that it learns through level up, it will pass.

Hey! I just have a question about making a thread related to the pokemon viedo games on here. Is it alright if I make a Diamond and Pearl Shinies/Normal Wishlist thread? I want to because It seems like a lot of people are looking for shinies or want just random pokemon, and that would be a perfect place to discuss it.

I doubt it but it should be something you PM a mod about. If I recall, a "SHiny Trade thread" was closed since you can just post your shinies, and the shinies you want and link it to your sig. Unless oyur never on, you are certain to get responses.

Hey! I just have a question about making a thread related to the pokemon viedo games on here. Is it alright if I make a Diamond and Pearl Shinies/Normal Wishlist thread? I want to because It seems like a lot of people are looking for shinies or want just random pokemon, and that would be a perfect place to discuss it.

Isn't that basically the exact same as the trade coordination thread?

Yes, but for shiny pokemon only.

I would like him to do that, because I'd sick of the TC having people go there only for shiny pokemon.

I will definately do that, I just dont want to get the mods mad, because I posted something once and there was already a topic about that, and they gave me points or somnething like that. What should I do?

As reccomended: ask a mod.

and if they say no, ask a different mod.

And if they decide to be idiots, go to the serebii forums. they have it split into even what types of pokemon you're looking for.

Wow, it's like asking your mom if you can go to a party and she says no, than asking your dad and he says yes. What will happen? Something bad I assure you.

Serebii only has it split because of the overpopulation of people who keep making new threads every five seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom