• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 Questions coming at you guys:

1. Is it ok to level up with the day care centre to calculate IV's? I read somewhere that Rare Candy spamming is easier, but I have none, so does this have the same effect?

2. What level would give me an accuarate reading (from an IV calculator I mean)?

And 3. Does walking around in the Underground still level my Pokes? Or do I have to do all my walking above ground?

1. I think so. But it can take you the better part of three or four days of straight walking, even if you leave the DS running with a weight on the button so your character runs over the warp pads in the Fuego Ironworks overnight. That and you can't save, so that you can reset and get your Pokemon back to low levels for EV training.

2. Level 100.

3. No. Which is a bit annoying, since you do so much walking down there.

anything above level 20 can give accurate-ish ivs.

at jublife tv's lottery, is there a maximum amount of ppups you can win? I have about 40 trainer id's and last week I won 5 ppups in one week. Since then, Ive done the lottery 7 more times and I never win.

What's a National Ribbon? Someone tried to trade me some pokemon with it, and it said they came from a "Distant Land". An Electabuzz in a timer ball at Level 44 that knew Cross Chop, and a Roselia at level 18 in a luxury ball.

I don't know about national ribbons, but pokemon from a distant land are either from collosseum or Xd

anything above level 20 can give accurate-ish ivs.

at jublife tv's lottery, is there a maximum amount of ppups you can win? I have about 40 trainer id's and last week I won 5 ppups in one week. Since then, Ive done the lottery 7 more times and I never win.

I don't think there is a limit I have won over 100 of them.

What's a National Ribbon? Someone tried to trade me some pokemon with it, and it said they came from a "Distant Land". An Electabuzz in a timer ball at Level 44 that knew Cross Chop, and a Roselia at level 18 in a luxury ball.

Like Zen flame said those are pokemon from col and XD but to be more accurate those are former shadow pokemon that have been purified.

Last edited:
I Need Answers

I'm asking on behalf of a friend who just beat the E4

What's the fastest way for him to 'see' the following pokemon so he can get them on his 'dex without having to trade? (what trainers can he battle, where can he see pictures of them, etc. etc. whatever it takes)

Burmy
Mothim
Uxie, Mespirit, Azelf
Dialga (he's got Pearl version)

Would appreciate answers as soon as possible - Thanks!

Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf can be seen during the quest of the lakes. Of course, after that is done, they return to their caves. He just has to "talk" to them. Uxie and Azelf will battle him, while Mesprit runs away, tho.

Dialga....he's got to trade. But I think he can see him in the caves (Paintings on the walls) in Celestic Town....not sure, tho. My sister helped me trade ^^

To see the other version legendary not in your game, you need to go to Celestic Town and talk to Cynthia's grandmother in the house in the north of the town. She'll show you the picture of the Dialga/Palkia and it will count as being seen.

To see Burmy and Mothim, use these easy steps...

1) Find a complete Walkthrough that tells you what every trainer has
2) Use the Find control to search the walkthrough for Burmy and Mothim
3) Go there and battle them. However, you can also just use sweet honey and catch a male burmy.

Alrighty, thank you for the information, I even found the pokemon walkthrough website, which until now I hadn't known such a thing had existed, and got the info on Burmy and Mothim.

YO!!! Need some comments on my pokemon party.

Torterra Lv100 [Earthquake, Wood Hammer, Crunch, Energy Ball]
Blaziken Lv100 [Flamethrower, Blaze Kick, Sky Uppercut, Earthquake]
Blastoise Lv100 [Surf, Aqua Tail, Skull Bash, Flash Cannon]
Lucario Lv100 [Dark Pulse, Aura Sphere, Dragon pulse, Shadow claw]
Gallade Lv100 [Night Slash, Leaf Blade, Psycho Cut, Psychic]
Metagross Lv100 [Meteor Mash, Psychic, Zen Headbutt, Hammer Arm]

Yeah, so is my party cool or what? Or is it Screwed up? (easy question right?)

That's more of a question for the RMT thread a few slots down. Try there.

Ok. After breeding Sneasel I managed to come across a male sneasel with 31 speed and 30 attack. I have a female jolly sneasel with bad ivs. By using the everstone method and the glitch that allows you to see your eggs nature, how many jolly eggs will I need to hatch before I get the males ivs (Estimate please)?

Is there an Faq on this maybe?

You might want to take a look at this breeding guide written on smogon. It's helped me a great deal and really makes it easier to breed for good IV's.

Last edited:
According to this applet you'd have to hatch at least 17 eggs before you'd get a sneasel with IV's from the father.
Two little points: Firstly, it's a probability, so it's not saying you'd have to hatch seventeen eggs before getting one with the IVs from the father. It's possible to get what you want from the very first egg (though with a 5% chance for each egg, it's not overly likely). On the flipside, breeding seventeen eggs still only gives you a 64% chance that at least one of those eggs has the IVs you want. Ah, the joys of probabilities.

Second, you were using the Ruby/Sapphire system. Under the Emerald system, which Diamond and Pearl use, it's one in twenty-four.

Two little points: Firstly, it's a probability, so it's not saying you'd have to hatch seventeen eggs before getting one with the IVs from the father. It's possible to get what you want from the very first egg (though with a 5% chance for each egg, it's not overly likely). On the flipside, breeding seventeen eggs still only gives you a 64% chance that at least one of those eggs has the IVs you want. Ah, the joys of probabilities.

Second, you were using the Ruby/Sapphire system. Under the Emerald system, which Diamond and Pearl use, it's one in twenty-four.

Oops. my bad. I'll edit that previous post then.

I'd like to ask, what qualifies a Pokemon to be legitimate or illegitimate? if, hypothetically, you used a GameShark to catch a Mew, though I know that's considered cheating, would the Mew then be considered illegitimate? Would anyone be able to tell if you tried to trade this pokemon? If I borrow the Ruby and Sapphire versions of friends and acquaintainces in order to get more Jirachis off of my pre-order CD to migrate to my Diamond version, would that be considered illegitimate? Is that cheating?

-Let's say these situations are 'hypothetical' - Thank you and Happy Halloween.

An illegitimate Pokemon is any Pokemon gotten through the use of a cheating device (and, possibly, through the cloning trick). If you use a GameShark to put the Pokemon on your team, or make it available for capture, you've just introduced an illegitimate Pokemon.

With the Jirachis, that's fine. That's directly equivalent to going to a Mew giveaway with 50 games and getting a Mew on all 50. Because it was obtained through a legitimate, Nintendo-designated, source...it's a legitimate Pokemon. You can get Jirachis from the bonus disk a million times, and they'll all be legitimate. But even one gotten through the use of a GameShark is illegitimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom