• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok 3 chansey related questions...........

1/ What's an easy breeding chain to get aromatherepy onto a chansey.

2/ Is there a difference at all between heal bell and aromothepy (im asuming that members of your own team with soundroof wont be affected by heal bell, is that right?)

3/ can "baby" pokemon (hapinny) breed with ditto?

ok 3 chansey related questions...........

1/ What's an easy breeding chain to get aromatherepy onto a chansey.

2/ Is there a difference at all between heal bell and aromothepy (im asuming that members of your own team with soundroof wont be affected by heal bell, is that right?)

3/ can "baby" pokemon (hapinny) breed with ditto?
1) You breed a Chansey or Blissey with a Male Roselia.
2) Soundproof Pokemon are pretty rare. And yes.
3) No.

When the daycare man says that my Ditto and Eevee don't like each other much, how often will they have an egg (like every certain # of steps, or just once in a while?)

if they dont like each other, i dont think they can breed at all.
but, i cant see why a pokemon wouldnt breed with ditto.

I've got a question:

When I trade my Shaymin to platinum, will it change form straight away?

Could someone maybe answer my question from two pages ago? Much appreciated ;D.......

Water Pulse isn't exactly the best move option for.... anything (barring Technician Nasty Plot Ambipom), really. I'd say maybe replace it with Dark/Dragon Pulse. What you've got there is a pretty damn good special sweeper.

Water Pulse isn't exactly the best move option for.... anything (barring Technician Nasty Plot Ambipom), really. I'd say maybe replace it with Dark/Dragon Pulse. What you've got there is a pretty damn good special sweeper.

See, I thought Water Pulse would be good because of stigmas from fire. I also understand why Dragon Pulse, though, since this Lucario would have a hard time getting over those pseudo-legendary dragons.........

I also have another question. Could someone maybe give me an in-depth explanation of EV's? I don't correctly understand them and Wiil has told me already I could have a problem around here if I don't understand them.......

I also have another question. Could someone maybe give me an in-depth explanation of EV's? I don't correctly understand them and Wiil has told me already I could have a problem around here if I don't understand them.......
There's always Bulbapedia's EV page, but I'll explain what I can without sounding completely moronic.

EV means "effort value". In gen III and IV, EVs are points that opponent pokémon give when defeated in battle. Every pokémon gives out 1-3 EVs. EVs are organized by stat. There are attack EVs, defense EVs, and so on for every stat. Accumulating 4 EVs means one raised stat (+1).

How it works is that when your pokémon defeats another, it collects EV points given to it. For example, if your pokémon defeated a Magikarp, it would gain 1 speed point. If it KOed four Magikarp, gaining 4 points, it would +1 in speed on level up. A lot of people will EV train their pokemon so that a certain stat is especially high. This is best combined with natures and characteristics that promote certain stats.

There are limits, though. 510 points can be gained per pokémon, with a limit of 255 per stat.

I can't really think of anything else. There are exceptions and such, but I can't think of them specifically right now, and there are smarter people with better explaining skills. Bulbapedia also has a handy dandy list of the EV points pokémon hand out, for reference while you're training.

Though gotta say, specifically EV training is a huge pain in the butt. :D It's worth it, though.

Where is a good place to do some last minute level grinding b4 the e4? i absolutely detest the victory road, so anywhere else?

When the daycare man says that my Ditto and Eevee don't like each other much, how often will they have an egg (like every certain # of steps, or just once in a while?)

Unless you get "The two pokemon prefer to play with other pokemon rather than eachother" you'll get an egg, just takes longer than normal to get one

Where is a good place to do some last minute level grinding b4 the e4? i absolutely detest the victory road, so anywhere else?

You can use the VS seeker to rechallenge people not in caves or buildings. They generally have higher levels at some point and it's good training, in addition to cash.

the pokemon box backrounds for platinum that you enter in codes dosent work? i entered the id on the website and the first two ones worked but then it would give me words that werent on list like reckless

Do I have to level up my Eevee for it to evolve into an Espeon or when it likes me enough will it just evolve?

Do I have to level up my Eevee for it to evolve into an Espeon or when it likes me enough will it just evolve?

High happiness at day makes eevee evolve into espeon, so when it has a high happiness and it levels up, it will evolve to espeon

I don't think I phrases my question correctly.
If I am walking around and feeding Eevee poffins and whatnot (during the day) will it suddenly evolve like an egg can suddenly hatch when you are walking around or would I have to raise it a level and then when it goes up a level if it's happy enough will it evolve?

If I am walking around and feeding Eevee poffins and whatnot (during the day) will it suddenly evolve like an egg can suddenly hatch when you are walking around or would I have to raise it a level and then when it goes up a level if it's happy enough will it evolve?

No, Eevee will not spontaneously evolve when it likes you enough. It must like you enough, and then you must level it up.

Poffins won't matter, raise its happiness level high enough (don't let it faint, keep its hp high or full and balle with it alot should help and give it a massage at the girl in veilstone and in resort area ribbon syndicate if you can), battle with it during the day after doing so and when it levels up, it will evolve. Same how you get a togetic, you raise the pokemons happiness to max and it evolves when levelled up, in this case you have to level it up once it has high happiness in the day time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom