• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sinnoh Storyline: Not just your Mom (Spoiler?)

NPR

Reaction score
When you start your journey in Sinnoh, only your Mother is noted as your parental figure like in all of the Pokemon games excluding RSE. However, at the very end of what can be called the canon of the story when you defeat the Battle Tower Palmer, your Rival's Dad tells you that you have grown strong and will keep growing strong like your Father.

"Bravo! One day, I imagine my son will come challenge me just as you have. That’s something I look forward to a great deal. You will become even more skilled the very same way your father did. Keep battling Trainers from around the world and keep growing greater in stature!"

"Bravo! I feel inspired in my heart! It brings back a memory of that day long ago... I went out to the lake with your father that day... We were attacked by a wild Pokémon. We fended it off, but I don't recall how. It was that desperate. That was my first step as a Trainer. I wonder if the professor is doing well? ...That's enough reminiscing. My young friend, the world and your future hold infinite promise. Go on, you can be all that you desire! There is no limit to where you can go!"

Now, think about it for a second, if the Tower Tycoon thinks that your Dad is stronger than him, who in the world is your father? I have been pondering this for a while and I am wondering if he may have been revealed yet and nobody has connected the dots yet. It is either that or Game Freak is teasing us.

So, what is your opinion on your mysterious Dad?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Sinnoh Storyline: Not just your Mom (Spolier?)

IZ CYRUS MAN!1!!11!!!!!

I mean, inb4 "It's Cyrus".

I have no idea, but I guess in most games your father is a traveling trainer.

IZ CYRUS MAN!1!!11!!!!!

If your dad DID turn out to be Cyrus, it would be the most epic plot twist since Giovanni being Ash's dad in the anime.

Um...I have no idea who your dad would be, to be honest. Pluto? Eewww.....

IZ CYRUS MAN!1!!11!!!!!

but....Palmer have lv.50 or lv.100 pokeys, while Cryus's best pokemon is lv.48 >>

If your dad DID turn out to be Cyrus, it would be the most epic plot twist since Giovanni being Ash's dad in the anime.

Well you can't rule it out. You have blue hair like him and he and Palmer were attacked at the lake by a Pokemon. It is possible that is when Cyrus lost his emotions.

Also Orbzap, the level of a trainers Pokemon in the games is really just relitve to where you are in the game. For instance, in Gold and Silver all of the Trainers in Kanto that are near route one have level 40+ Pokemon.

Last edited:

Giovanni was never confirmed to be Ash's father, am I right? I want him too be, but right now it's pure speculation!

but....Palmer have lv.50 or lv.100 pokeys, while Cryus's best pokemon is lv.48 >>

Maybe he meant stronger in will and spirit and not just in Pokémon? I don't know.

Giovanni was never confirmed to be Ash's father, am I right? I want him too be, but right now it's pure speculation!

Maybe he meant stronger in will and spirit and not just in Pokémon? I don't know.
Speaking of spirit and will, Palmer seems to have a lot of it. Perhaps the incident he is talking about involved the entire trio of lake pokemon? He can't remember how he fended it off, tell tale signs of Uxie. Azelf is the being of will and in legend it gave humans that gift. Is it possible that Mesprit cursed Cyrus while Azelf blessed Palmer. I can see Cyrus trying to abandon Palmer in order to save his own butt while Palmer fought with everything he had to save Cyrus and himself. Because of this maybe Azelf blessed Palmer while cursing cyrus. Then Uxie wipes their memories. Cyrus still has a vague recollection about the lake Pokemon and because of this begins his mad quest... Just a theory.

Cyrus really makes no sence, I'm hoping in later games they'll reveal it

Gen I - Most likley always at work, he was mentioned one saying he'd like a SNES sports game sounds like he just is at a job in an unseeable building (hey who knows were all those people in Pallet Town)

Gen II - Either dead or he did something bad that's why it's the only game were he isn't mantioned

Gen III - Norman, I think in nesxt gen your dad should be the last gym leader or champion

Gen IV - As said up there probably the toughest trainer in the pokemon world

He better make an appearance in a future game I mean seroucly

Last edited:

No, it's still speculation. I was trying to liken the revelation of Cyrus being the player's father to the revelation it would be if Giovanni was Ash's father.

Speaking of spirit and will, Palmer seems to have a lot of it. Perhaps the incident he is talking about involved the entire trio of lake pokemon? He can't remember how he fended it off, tell tale signs of Uxie. Azelf is the being of will and in legend it gave humans that gift. Is it possible that Mesprit cursed Cyrus while Azelf blessed Palmer. I can see Cyrus trying to abandon Palmer in order to save his own butt while Palmer fought with everything he had to save Cyrus and himself. Because of this maybe Azelf blessed Palmer while cursing cyrus. Then Uxie wipes their memories. Cyrus still has a vague recollection about the lake Pokemon and because of this begins his mad quest... Just a theory.

That is one badass theory, and I can completely see that happening.

No, it's still speculation. I was trying to liken the revelation of Cyrus being the player's father to the revelation it would be if Giovanni was Ash's father.

That is one badass theory, and I can completely see that happening.

It might be like if Darth Vader were revealed as Luke Skywalker's father in Star Wars.

It might be like if Darth Vader were revealed as Luke Skywalker's father in Star Wars.

Because that's such a huge surprise to everyone now >.> yeah, I get it, it would be cliched. But Pokemon's never gone THAT chiche route, so for the Pokemon franchise, it would be a big thing.

What the hell people. Cyrus didn't lose his emotions at any point. He tries to actively supress them, but it's abundantly clear that he still has them. Hell, he even SAYS so in Platinum, but in DP it's still REALLY obvious. Where are people pulling this Mesprit garbage from?

Anyway lolz maybe Palmer himself. Considering that he's not too bright and all I can see him forgetting "Oh wait, that's me, isn't it?"

Also, to toss this out here--
(some Diamond and Pearl Adventure spoilers)
In DPA!, Hareta's father is revealed. He's a Ruin Maniac. But then we meet HIS father and...let's just say it's someone from Platinum.

Yeah because of Battle Tower restrictions.

BTW, it really can't be Cyrus. There is actual in-game dialogue that confirms him in his twenties. It gave an exact age, I just can't remember. Besides, Cyrus and sex is out of character. He would never fall into human urges, and judging by un-game dialogue, he's been that way since childhood.

Its almost as ridiculous as Mars being Roark's mom when they're about the same age.

Anyway, isn't it obvious? The dad is future-Ash who was sent to the gameverse by the powers of greyskull Palkia and Dialga.

Maybe its the champion of Battle Frontier guy in some other region?

Maybe your father died in a tragic accident and no one really likes to talk about it (except Palmer of course)?

Last edited:

He could be the Frontier Brain of the Johto Battle Frontier.

Or he could simply be deceased.

It's so obviously Leaf.

I hope they break the tradition though. Maybe only your dad will be revealed in the next gen. Would be an uneccessary but nice change.

we really need a Dad. Mom needs a little help around the house.

"Bravo! I feel inspired in my heart! It brings back a memory of that day long ago... I went out to the lake with your father that day... We were attacked by a wild Pokémon. We fended it off, but I don't recall how. It was that desperate. That was my first step as a Trainer. I wonder if the professor is doing well? ...That's enough reminiscing. My young friend, the world and your future hold infinite promise. Go on, you can be all that you desire! There is no limit to where you can go!"

To me it seems to scream out that he mentions a Professor (not specifically Rowan) right after talking about the beginning of his adventure with your dad. To me it seems to suggest that your father is a professor now (either one that has been introduced or not is unknown)

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom