• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM001: Alola! The Starting Island, the Starter Pokémon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those Pokeballs were most likely Greninja and Goodra's-they were both never officially released by virtue of being let go and disconnected from their Pokeballs.

It does strike me as odd that Ash left his Kalos Pokemon with Oak so nonchalantly. He usually does the whole Pikachu-only shtick if he's going to a new region to compete in its Pokemon League. A new League means new Pokemon friends to help achieve that dream.

He's just going to Alola to...go. Given that, he could have brought his Kalos Pokemon along and given them a well deserved vacation from the ending in XYZ. I just think the writers could have done a better transition with that, than what we usually get.

Will that whole flashback... actually be sped-up in the episode? Seems a little... burlesque.
I know this is supposed to be a comedic series, but I see no comedy value on a chipmunk flashback, to be honest.

Well, in any case, it's much better than nothing (which is what I was expecting in the first place), so I'm really glad they showed not only Ash handing those Poké Balls, but him actually spending some time with his mom in Kanto for a change.

Those Pokeballs were most likely Greninja and Goodra's-they were both never officially released by virtue of being let go and disconnected from their Pokeballs.

It does strike me as odd that Ash left his Kalos Pokemon with Oak so nonchalantly. He usually does the whole Pikachu-only shtick if he's going to a new region to compete in its Pokemon League. A new League means new Pokemon friends to help achieve that dream.

He's just going to Alola to...go. Given that, he could have brought his Kalos Pokemon along and given them a well deserved vacation from the ending in XYZ. I just think the writers could have done a better transition with that, than what we usually get.

Perhaps he's just worried they might cause some issue with airport security. It could also be to allow them to get some socialization in with his other Pokemon. It could also be ensuring he had the most room possible if he saw something in Alola he decided to catch.

Do you take all your pets on holiday with you?
(And before anyone says anything, Pikachu is his soulmate so doesn't count.)

I don't know if I really want or really don't want the flashback to be sped-up in the actual episode.

Will that whole flashback... actually be sped-up in the episode? Seems a little... burlesque.
I know this is supposed to be a comedic series, but I see no comedy value on a chipmunk flashback, to be honest.

I think so because the music and flashback sound effect were normal-pitched. It's a bit off-putting but also kinda funny

I don't think I will ever like the new design for Ash. SM better get it right because last two regions in the anime sucked.

I find it difficult to believe that Satoshi was walking around with two empty Poke Balls on his waist. Even if Gekkouga and Numelgon are registered to him, I can't believe he didn't deposit the balls earlier.

As for how he just drops them off, we don't know a) that these are his Kalos Pokémon and b) what happened previously. He could have easily said his goodbyes back at the house. As for why he didn't take them on vacation with him... because it was a vacation. He clearly originally goes to Alola just to relax, and not to train properly. The Pokémon are better off at the lab. Also, his Pokémon are obviously getting a permanent vacation at this point.

What irks me is that even in a sped-up three second long visit to Okido'a lab Kenji still doesn't appear. Guess he's living at Hanada Gym at this point.

I find it difficult to believe that Satoshi was walking around with two empty Poke Balls on his waist.
You realize Ash did that at the beginning of Kalos right? Before he caught his party? And in Unova? And Sinnoh? And pratically every journey he has had thus far? As well as his friends?

Because Trainers, especially beginners, don't carry empty Pokeballs on them when they want to catch new Pokemon.
: P

I don't think I will ever like the new design for Ash. SM better get it right because last two regions in the anime sucked.

You're going to act like this for the next 3 years!? .-. omg, you've been repeating the same arguments for weeks and weeks, and if you've been hating the anime for roughly 6 years and you hate S&M even before it starts, why bother watch something that you think it sucks so much? I don't get it but whatever.

You're going to act like this for the next 3 years!? .-. omg, you've been repeating the same arguments for weeks and weeks, and if you've been hating the anime for roughly 6 years and you hate S&M even before it starts, why bother watch something that you think it sucks so much? I don't get it but whatever.
I've seen this a lot lately, and honestly, I hope the moderators do something about. It's one thing to express your disinterest in a thread or two, but if the same users are repeating said sentiments in every thread, they should be expunged from discussions in said forum section.

Anyway, I think too many people are making a big deal over this Poké Ball scene. It's all of five seconds long and already igniting users.

No I haven't repeated arguments. I started disliking anime when Unova came and Kalos was no better than it. Don't ask me why I watch something because that is my business. If they are going to give a lousy design to the main character then there is something definitely wrong here.

Considering this is the first episode with a full hour on it, expect Ash to catch his first Pokemon by the second episode

Considering this is the first episode with a full hour on it, expect Ash to catch his first Pokemon by the second episode
I think this is actually going to happen in the 4th episode, because it seems to confirmed that Ash is going to catch a Rowlet. Litten seems like a likely contender though for his team, plus, the concept art leaked for Incineroar did have Ash and Mallow depicted. It could happen in any of the first three episodes.

I still don't buy it. If it was going to return then it should have joined Ash instead of being left in Kalos.

Um, no, it wouldn't. If it was going to return to Ash, then it would be left at Oak's Laboratory, just like every other Pokemon that he's left there.
As for Satoshi depositing five Monster Balls, he could have easily have been rotating Pokemon in his party during his extended stay in Masara Town. It's not like he hasn't done it before.

Sure, he could, but that seems like a huge stretch considering that when he left Goodra with Keanan, we never saw him give Keanan the Poke Ball and when Ash released Greninja to help Squishy and Z2 for the time being, he never released it from it's Poke Ball, which heavily implies that it's not permanent, because why would they forego the official releasing of a Pokemon? I'm sure they're most likely Greninja and Goodra's Poke Balls.
As for Satoshi depositing five Monster Balls, he could have easily have been rotating Pokemon in his party during his extended stay in Masara Town. It's not like he hasn't done it before.

Sure, he could, but that seems like a huge stretch considering that when he left Goodra with Keanan, we never saw him give Keanan the Poke Ball and when Ash released Greninja to help Squishy and Z2 for the time being, he never released it from it's Poke Ball, which heavily implies that it's not permanent, because why would they forego the official releasing of a Pokemon?
I find it difficult to believe that Satoshi was walking around with two empty Poke Balls on his waist. Even if Gekkouga and Numelgon are registered to him, I can't believe he didn't deposit the balls earlier.

Also, his Pokémon are obviously getting a permanent vacation at this point.

He might only have been walking around them for a couple of days at most. I mean, if he's just having relaxing at home with his mum, Pikachu and Mimey, then what's wrong with having two empty Poke Balls?

And they're not on a permanent vacation. Was Sceptile on a permanent vacation when it was used in the Sinnoh League, was Phanpy when it returned to join Ash when Ash challenged the Battle Frontier in Kanto, was Kingler on a permanent vacation when it was used in the the Whirl Cup Tournament?

On the subject of the sped-up portion of the video, I thought that it was just what the user did before he uploaded the video, but I guess it could be in the show proper, but despite the show taking on a more comedic tone, it still seems a bit weird to me.

Um, no, it wouldn't. If it was going to return to Ash, then it would be left at Oak's Laboratory, just like every other Pokemon that he's left there.
Aipom joined Ash. But leaving Greninja at Oak's lab would have been the best alternative. Ash journey in Alola should be refresh with no older pokemon apart from Pikachu with him.

Aipom joined Ash. But leaving Greninja at Oak's lab would have been the best alternative. Ash journey in Alola should be refresh with no older pokemon apart from Pikachu with him.
Aipom did so because it was eventually going to go to Dawn and evolve. Plus, Aipom had only recently joined Ash. If Greninja didn't join Squishy and Z2, I'm sure it would have gone to Oak's Laboratory or with Professor Sycamore.

Also, I found another video for the clip from Pokenchi. Since it's a long one, just search "ポケモンの家あつまる? 2016年11月13日" in Youtube. It also has the sped up bit in it, and I believe that Pokenchi sped it up and I say this because the shot of the plane that Ash, Pikachu, Delia and Mimey are on is also used in the official preview for this episode and the transition from the day time shot to the evening shot is faster in the Pokenchi preview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom