• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM024: Alola! The First Visiting Day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A visit from Delia and a strange exam isn't the way I would continue the plot either.

Wait a minute...

First visitation...

FIRST.

Now my mind is getting hyped for an anniversary arc that will feature visits from past companions, that probably won't happen. :cry: The way the episode is worded makes it sound like the start of an arc, through.

I've got mixed feelings on this, on the one hand giving a presentation doesn't sound exciting at all, on the other I'm really glad Delia is appearing. It'd be nice if she has a bigger role than usual in this series.

Also, it's a common activity that is associated with schooling and education - some people feel discontented with the lack of activities that are a part of the school experience. It furthers world-building, and also it is an interesting exposition to show what Ash has learnt, as well as to delve more into the education of the Pokemon School.

It will be cool to see the other's presentations too, as well as Ash's preparation for his presentation and how he approaches it. I wonder will he get temporary stage fright or will he be cool as a cucumber the whole way through?
I agree, I'm glad there focusing more on the school.
Are they trying to bore us?
No.
It's nice to see Delia, I just cannot get my head around where exactly the Anime is going with these dull filler episodes.

Who says it's a filler? SM013 probably seemed like a filler to most people before it aired, but it turned out not to be one.
I thought by now we'd see more of Akala.
I didn't. Pokemon School is on Melemele Island. What is he going to do, drop out after 20 or so episodes?
Seems this series, they think kids would like the anime more without a plot and with nothing serious.
So facing the Island Trials isn't a plot then? Then I guess Gym Battles were basically non-important.

Last edited:
the title maybe boring, but there could be some pokemon fights between classmates.
Hope Kiawe vs Sophocles , Salazzle vs Togedamaru
Alolan vulpix vs rockrufff, Lily vs Ash,
Maybe Lana could fight Malow?

So facing the Island Trials isn't a plot then? Then I guess Gym Battles were basically non-important.

This is the most nonsense response to anything I've ever read. The Pokemon school in the games is a blip on the radar in terms of the overall substantive value to the games, so I am not understanding why the Pokemon school is getting so much time in the anime. In any other series, Ash would be well into his travels by now, you know the gym challenge where he battled the leader and his bond with his Pokemon became stronger.

This is the most nonsense response to anything I've ever read. The Pokemon school in the games is a blip on the radar in terms of the overall substantive value to the games, so I am not understanding why the Pokemon school is getting so much time in the anime. In any other series, Ash would be well into his travels by now, you know the gym challenge where he battled the leader and his bond with his Pokemon became stronger.
Then you must not have read any other responses, because it's not. Ash is challenging the Island Trials, while the Pokemon School is just something that he is attending for fun. He hasn't stated that there is any sort of goal to be achieved by attending it. It's just a substitute for Ash and his traveling companions walking from place to place. He's even stated that he wants to master using Z-Moves or something like that.

A visit from Delia and a strange exam isn't the way I would continue the plot either.

Wait a minute...

First visitation...

FIRST.

Now my mind is getting hyped for an anniversary arc that will feature visits from past companions, that probably won't happen. :cry: The way the episode is worded makes it sound like the start of an arc, through.

Seems so. But I have the feeling that it doesn't mean much.

If the movie features Misty and Brock (which isn't confirmed yet), having them in the main anime would be redundant for them. They ditched the GS Ball arc because Celebi was on M04 (even a Celebi appeared later in the main anime).

As for other people like May and Dawn, do they care about them?

I can't help but imagine this scene happening.

Delia: *sees Rockruff* Oh, sweetie. You got yourself a pet. How adorable.
Ash: *embarrassed sweatdrop* Actually, mom, it's part of my battling team.

Because it seems they are doing more like the generic kids' show and dropping the adventures part.
This show had been aimed towards kids for 20 years now, it's not going to change that. I don't know how Ash and Mallow's goal to get some flower nectar, Popplio and Rowlet getting lost while Ash, Mallow, andLana having to go find them, Ash hanging out and learning about each of his friends, trying to figure out why Rockruff is wondering off and then training him so he can finally defeat Magmar, and Ash fining out that Litten had been living with an old Stoutland not an adventure. Not to mention that there will be more adventures soon in the future. Saying, "They're dropping the adventures part" too extream to say when we're only nearly 21 episodes into Sun and Moon.

Anyways, this is off topic and we only know very little of this episode.

Knowing that how much they are dragging their heels on leaving Melemele and that this is going to be a filler heavy season is aggravating. But I've kinda excepted that.

It almost feels like they don't know how to leave Melemele.

But given that I'm excited just to see an older character who doesn't get a lot of screen time.

It's now confirmed that Akemi Omode will write this episode, the writer who wrote all the previous Lillie's episodes... I'm pretty sure it will end up being a Lillie's focusing episode and Delia won't have the screentime/interactions with her son that she deserves, I hope I'm wrong.

It's now confirmed that Akemi Omode will write this episode, the writer who wrote all the previous Lillie's episodes... I'm pretty sure it will end up being a Lillie's focusing episode and Delia won't have the screentime/interactions with her son that she deserves, I hope I'm wrong.
Well the source for the staff credits, along with SM025's title aren't confirmed with an image source yet, but if Omode is writing it, don't forget, she wrote the Ash and Sophocles focused episodes of SM006 and SM019 and she also did SM012. And she also did the Kalos League episodes XY127 and XY128.

It's no different than being stuck on some generic grass route for a dozen episodes.

All while helping random COTDs/Pokemon with (petty/trivial) problems they're too lazy, stupid or incompetent to handle on their own...

If it is a Lillie episode then Delia having an important enough role to be mentioned in the summary could be interesting. We could see the first hints at Lusamine bc of the whole mom thing.

It's a stretch of course but you never know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom