• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM042: Alola at Kanto! Takeshi and Kasumi!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for Jigglypuff, there was this seemingly random Jigglypuff on this merchandise announced a while back
lCr6trT.jpg

I don't know why but Litten is reminding me of Cyndaquil so much. Pokemon getting lost? Ash battling with a steelix?

I've got a gut feeling that Litten might evolve in one of these episodes, but I can be (very) wrong, and maybe it's too soon.

Oh great, that's just what we need. Pokémon getting lost :unsure: I just hope it doesn't detract from Misty/Brock focus and hopefully Ash's Pokémon at the laboratory.
Maybe getting lost is actually what allows us to see Ash's other Pokémon? For example, Alolan Geodude could befriend Ash's Boldore, or maybe Torkoal/Cyndaquil/Charizard helps relight Alolan Marowak's bone after it got put out by Corphish.

It's nice to know that the Pokemon and probably the companions from Alola are doing stuff I was worried that it would just be a lot of nostalgia fuel from the preview, still it looks like this episode will be a 6/10 or possibly 5/10 for me based off what I know so far from the summaries and preview.

Maybe getting lost is actually what allows us to see Ash's other Pokémon? For example, Alolan Geodude could befriend Ash's Boldore, or maybe Torkoal/Cyndaquil/Charizard helps relight Alolan Marowak's bone after it got put out by Corphish.
I assumed the summary means the actual building of Oak's Laboratory and not the broader fields surrounding it, but if the Pokémon get lost in the fields and it leads to them meeting Ash's Pokémon, then I'm all for it.

Pokémon getting lost has been done to death though, so I hope they implement it well in the episode.

I actually wouldn't mind if the "Pokémon get lost" plot was handled like in "An Old Family Blend!" as a way to introduce the Alola Pokémon to the laboratory ones. Maybe the latter could help finding the former and lead to some interesting interactions.

Just as long as it doesn't take too much time from Brock's and Misty's hyped return, it should be fine.

Dephender's cleaner translation is here now.

The teachers have taken Satoshi, Lilie and the other students at the Pokémon School to the Kanto region in celebration of the school's 20th anniversary. Satoshi is back in Masara Town for the first time in ages, and is overjoyed to see the Pokémon he's missed again, as well as Takeshi, Kasumi, Professor Okido and the others. But in the middle of all this, the Pokémon from the Alola region get lost in the Okido Laboratories.

I'm really happy we're gonna get to see Ash's Pokemon. I really hope they don't limit it to just his Gen 1 Pokemon. A celebration of the anime's 20th anniversary should cover more than just the beginning, but I'm gonna have hope. After all they went out of their way to show Larvitar in a flashback. Since Team Rocket appear to be heading to the HQ for something I really hope we could maybe get a little reunion with their Pokemon as well. Seviper, Mime Jr., Carnivine, Yanmega, Inkay and Gourgeist will never be forgotten.
Also, doesn't Misty running away from a Caterpie seem incredibly forced? A Caterpie was literally the starting point in her opening up a little to Bug-Types, but now she's afraid of one?

I'm really happy we're gonna get to see Ash's Pokemon. I really hope they don't limit it to just his Gen 1 Pokemon. A celebration of the anime's 20th anniversary should cover more than just the beginning, but I'm gonna have hope. After all they went out of their way to show Larvitar in a flashback. Since Team Rocket appear to be heading to the HQ for something I really hope we could maybe get a little reunion with their Pokemon as well. Seviper, Mime Jr., Carnivine, Yanmega, Inkay and Gourgeist will never be forgotten.
Also, doesn't Misty running away from a Caterpie seem incredibly forced? A Caterpie was literally the starting point in her opening up a little to Bug-Types, but now she's afraid of one?

I don't think Misty really opened up to it until it evolved into Butterfree.

Misty's shown in the past that she doesn't have much of a problem with "cute" Bug types like Butterfree or Ledyba.

Who else could voice Jigglypuff besides Rachel Lillis or Michele Knotz? I'm thinking Lisa Ortiz.

The (tentative) staff list.

Writer: Shōji Yonemura

Storyboarder: Yūji Asada

Assistant director: Maki Kodaira

Animation director 1: Toshihito Hirooka

Animation director 2: Maiko Katsuki

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom