• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM042: Alola at Kanto! Takeshi and Kasumi!!

Out of interest, was any mention made of Takeshi's desire to be a Pokemon Doctor, given the last time we saw him he was in Johto preparing to be an apprentice?
I haven't watched the episode, but it was mentioned in summaries that he is still studying to be a doctor. That's enough confirmation if you ask me.

I haven't watched the episode, but it was mentioned in summaries that he is still studying to be a doctor. That's enough confirmation if you ask me.

Oh yeah, I know the summaries mentioned it. I just wondered if there was an update regarding his actual progress.

Snowy and Ninetales, The Onyx scene, Bewear coming in were one of the highlights of the episode for me.

Misty for sure delivered and I'm happy for that.

I think the subtle hint this episode gave is that Ash's Pokemon don't spend their entire day at Oak's backyard, but they seem to wander around the area. We saw Bulbasaur in a forest area, and apparently Totodile underwater. So I think it's safe to assume that the rest of the Pokemon will just be 'away' or met off-screen, unfortunately...

I think that the obliviousness of Takeshi's Marowak to Pikachu's electric attack is gold.

2017f88e68fa-f724-4003-89e1-fe7d6fce5595.png

Yeah, I'm pretty sure all those Pokémon Misty and Brock sent out were Pokémon belonging to other Trainers/the Oak corral. Except for Brock's Geodude and Ash's Muk, obviously.

It's a shame we got to see so little of Ash's Pokémon. Now we'll likely have to wait till after Alola to get another chance. I would've been happy with a short montage of Ash interacting with some of his Pokémon, like they did before the Sinnoh League.

At least we got a fun little cameo of Totodile and Corphish. And the Squirtle Squad...? That was random. I guess this confirms Squirtle is Oaked now like Charizard. Or they're just there on vacation or something. Firefighters need to rest too.

The episode has some funny moments in it and it's nice that Ash's friends from Alola get to explore around the area for a while. I like how Misty had to scream at Mallow to get away from Vilplume while it's releasing poison powder. It's nice to see Ash, Brock, and Misty walking together alone for a while as they talk about their early days together and their old Pokemon gets some flashback cameos. Looks like Ceurleam gym had a huge renovation since we last saw it, I didn't recognize that it's the gym at first.

Overall pleased with the appearances of some Pokemon i missed especially Totodile! With the little cameos here and there you would have thought they could add in more of ash's Pokemon though seeing as he didn't need to interact with all.

At least we got a fun little cameo of Totodile and Corphish. And the Squirtle Squad...? That was random. I guess this confirms Squirtle is Oaked now like Charizard. Or they're just there on vacation or something. Firefighters need to rest too.

I just presumed they were on patrol. Either that, or they've abandoned Junsar.

I just presumed they were on patrol. Either that, or they've abandoned Junsar.
They're on patrol pretty far away then, considering their Officer Jenny is supposed to be stationed somewhere between Cerulean and Vermilion City.

But yeah, in the end it's just blatant fanservice and nothing more. Good to see them though.

Also, just a random thought..
Why on Bulbapedia Crobat and Geodude/Staryu are not listed as "On Hand" for Brock/Misty?

Does it matter? We have no idea when we'll see either character again.

This episode seemed rushed, but there were a lot of great gags and I enjoyed everyone of them.

Apparently Squirtle Squad is retired and living in Oak's ranch.
How does that screencap prove it? I don't see anything besides Rotom being a photog.

Bearing in mind that we've seen the Squirtle Squad active with this Jenny in Johto (when Ash's Squirtle rejoined them), calling them retired from a small shot of the group at the much closer Pallet Town seems pretty unfounded to me.

For rather unusual reasons, i was not entirely sure about how i was going to feel about this episode, but, i found it to be a nice episode to see. Although, if there were scenes that i wasn't quite sure about; it was that one scene at the beginning with Ash (even though i don't know what was said), the fact that Ash apparently could not defeat the TR mecha without Misty and Brock's help from what it looked like, and that one scene where Ash's mother apparently embarrassed him by saying something that i yet don't know.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom