• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM065: Ilima and Eievui IliMake Their Entrance!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can pretend it wasn't addressed all you want.
If there is a reasonable explanation for this absurd storyline, I totally missed it.
For a proper example of the world of difference between previous series and this one take a look at the TRio. They used to appear 90% of the time as plot devices, but in SM they've actually put the effort to actually humanize them having them not be the built-in conflict machine of every little plot-line that doesn't involve gyms nor the main villain team and actually have them do stuff beyond trying to catch Pikachu.
Doing nothing plotwise important is not a progress for them.

If there is a reasonable explanation for this absurd storyline, I totally missed it.

Doing nothing is not a progress.

The explanation is he got a demotion like k then...
TRio literally does nothing unless they want to kidnap Pikachu... Everything else is a Bewear gag...

The explanation is he got a demotion like k then...
TRio literally does nothing unless they want to kidnap Pikachu... Everything else is a Bewear gag...
He gets demoted in the games as well. If anything he went too far trying to fulfill Lusamine's wishes, so she probably recognize part of the responsability of what happened as hers.

On the other hand, the TRio trying to kidnap Pikachu all the time is what got them to the extreme staleness of any series prior. Not having them be like that is a huge step forward, even if it doesn't contribute to the "plot" (if there ever was one).

Faba got demoted probably because he gets demoted in the games after TRR. Still, I think they went too soft on him.

Hey, Ilima, thanks for finally showing up!

Pretty much one of the only criticisms I've had personally for SM is the shirking of trial captains in the anime. This doesn't necessarily make up for that, but I am happy that Ilima will actually be appearing. It gives me hope that the other trial captains will eventually show up as well, albeit in different roles.

Hey, Ilima, thanks for finally showing up!

Pretty much one of the only criticisms I've had personally for SM is the shirking of trial captains in the anime. This doesn't necessarily make up for that, but I am happy that Ilima will actually be appearing. It gives me hope that the other trial captains will eventually show up as well, albeit in different roles.

Well, Acerola is pretty much confirmed since she appears in promotional art which would only leave best girl Mina, so chances are good :)

You have no idea how thrilled I am to finally see my favorite trial captain make his appearance. About damn time!

He gets demoted in the games as well.
His deeds in the game is nothing compared to what he done in the anime.
If anything he went too far trying to fulfill Lusamine's wishes, so she probably recognize part of the responsability of what happened as hers.
Which is completely absurd.
On the other hand, the TRio trying to kidnap Pikachu all the time is what got them to the extreme staleness of any series prior.
Only thing they did in SM is trying to kidnap Pikachu/Hoshigumo-chan/random pokemon that they never want before and trying to make money, which exactly what they always do.

Though the question is if this Eevee will stay an Eevee, or evolve at some point...
If it does, it better not be to a Sylveon. Even if it would somewhat match Ilima's color scheme. We've had enough Sylveon. I think Leafeon or Espeon would be a good idea.

Only thing they did in SM is trying to kidnap Pikachu/Hoshigumo-chan/random pokemon that they never want before and trying to make money, which exactly what they always do.
Setting up their base, retrieving Kiteruguma's fruits, shopping, fight Team Skull, get a job at the Aether Foundation and comfronting Sauboh, bonding with their Pokémon, trying to catch new Pokémon, participating in some random competition for the sake of Musashi's ego, to name a few.

You have to be far too jaded in relation to the SM anime to ignore everything and complain as much.

Setting up their base, retrieving Kiteruguma's fruits, shopping, fight Team Skull, get a job at the Aether Foundation and comfronting Sauboh, bonding with their Pokémon, trying to catch new Pokémon, participating in some random competition for the sake of Musashi's ego, to name a few.
None of these are anything new or special.

I hope we get Team Skull and Hau.
I wanted to see the TRio's blasting off gag be applied to these clowns, but instead of Pikachu shocking them, have Hau's Alolan Raichu do it. :p

TR and TS should fight over who should be the clowns of the show. :p

He's the one who claimed that TRio trying to kidnap Pikachu all the time in previous sagas.
No, I'm pretty sure I said most of the time (I even used 90% as a rough estimate) as they would appear every episode, in most as mere plot devices, since they would interrupt whatever was going on, and get their butt kicked in the most mediocre battles of the anime. Then you said and insisted that they do nothing when they appear in Sun & Moon, except when they try to kidnap Pikachu or Hoshigumo, and I digressed. That's all.

I hope we get Team Skull and Hau.
I wanted to see the TRio's blasting off gag be applied to these clowns, but instead of Pikachu shocking them, have Hau's Alolan Raichu do it. :p

TR and TS should fight over who should be the clowns of the show. :p
I can easily see more of Team Skull appearing in the anime, but I personally doubt Hau will appear. However, I'm not saying it's impossible, it just seems unlikely to me right now.

Yeah, I'd be interested to see that too. Team Skull is the first evil team whose incompetence is at the same level with the TRio, so them having a clown showdown would seem natural.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom