• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM071: Shizukumo, Get Suiren!

No, not really lol

Copied a joke from a video about Everything wrong with ...
Yeah, not a big surprise. I knew all along this would happen and it indeed came true. I was right after all. It could've been better, but come on, not every episode has to be boring. There are sometimes good episode to watch. How much would you rate this episode?

Negative out of the way first, Lana didn't catch Dewpider.

Positives... I like how this episode is mostly Dewpider's point of view as well as it's struggles. With Ash/ co being there for the ride... except for Lana who became the things crush.
I also liked the Surskit battle.
Another thing the episode seems to point... this isn't the last we seen of that Dewpider. So Lana's capture may happen later. (Happened with Litten and Poipole was in the background for at least two episodes.)

7/10. Unique for an episode, but that is all I have to really say about it.

I am furious that Lana didn't catch Dewpider. I hope that she doesn't become the first main character to never have a single team change.

This could easily be buildup for a future capture. Don't judge too soon.
I doubt it. It can't even live outside of water. And its "water balloons" are filled with water, not air and because of that it's useless for Suiren's goal. There is no reason to catch it.

I am furious that Lana didn't catch Dewpider. I hope that she doesn't become the first main character to never have a single team change.
Um... Mallow and Lillie also share the same status as for Lana. They both have just one Pokemon and can't change their team.

Lillie and Mallow had team changes. Lillie had no Pokemon and then picked up Alolan Vulpix and Mallow's Bounsweet evolved.
They did. But if Lana's Popllio doesn't evolve into a Brionne, then she will become the first main character to never have a single team changes.

This was quite a good episode...

However, I’m disappointed Lana did not catch it... like, I might cry.

It would be too much to ask to have 2 bug types on the main cast

I doubt it. It can't even live outside of water. And its "water balloons" are filled with water, not air and because of that it's useless for Suiren's goal. There is no reason to catch it.
Ummm... Yes it can. It can use its water bubble to survive on land. And they've clearly struck a friendship. I see no reason why the capture couldn't happen eventually.

Ummm... Yes it can. It can use its water bubble to survive on land.
It can't live outside of water, that's why he needs that bubble full of water. A bubble that clearly disadvantaged for a pokemon to live outside of water, because it's pop up easily. Ashimari at least can breathe outside of water.
And they've clearly struck a friendship
He didn't even recognize Suiren without her bubble. Also, what was the point of wasting a whole episode to find him a lake to live if Suiren is going to catch him anyway? Make no sense.

Just like that Maamane fake leaving episode, I loved seeing (most of) this from Shizukumo's POV. In a show that is SOOOO Satoshi centric, the fact that a PotD can control the viewpoint of an episode is a treat. The only thing that would have made this better would have been a complete omission of the other kids/Kukui who were totally surplus to requirements and added nothing. The second half of the episode was ruined for me by their unnecessary exposition.

Ah well.
Still want Suiren's team to change in some way. She's proven herself to be battle-capable, so why is it that only the boys are allowed to have teams comprising more than one Pokemon this series? (n)

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom