• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM080: Sand's Storm! Ice Cave Double Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even is there is merchendise, has there been any concrete guarantee that the capture will be in this episode? Sandshrew may well follow them for a while and be caught at a later date.

I'm just saying, don't get your hopes up. We've already been scuppered twice with Wimpod and Dewpider.

For me at this point i'm going to call it by saying this is a filler ep.

If it wasn't focused on Lillie, I'd agree with you. But it's a Lillie episode. Lillie is the main Pokegirl and deuteragonist of this series, so even if she doesn't catch the Sandshrew, there'll probably be some form of development for her and/or Snowy.

Satoshi and the others are trying to get back to Melemele Island, but Lilie ends up separated from the others when she gets lost in a cave. There, she encounters a group of Alola Sand. It appears the Alola Sand have someone they want to win against in some way or other. Lilie wants to help them, but...

Screenplay 宮田由佳 (Yuka Miyata)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 渡辺正彦 (Masahiko Watanabe)
Animation Director 直井由紀 (Yuki Naoi)

So it's a group of Sandshrew and not just one, similar to Ash and the Passimian.

It's a group of Sandshrew, not a single one.
Because it looks like a rehash of the Ash and Passimian episode, just replace Ash with Lillie and Passimian with Sandshrew.

It might happen but it’s less likely now we know that it’s an entire group of Sandshrew.

So? Rowlet was a member of a Pikipek family, and it was still caught. Being a member of a group is no absolute excuse for not getting caught.

So? Rowlet was a member of a Pikipek family, and it was still caught. Being a member of a group is no absolute excuse for not getting caught.
It's not an absolute excuse, but make it much less likelier, and it was already unlikely to Lilie to get a new pokemon when she do barely any stuff with her existing pokemon.

Because it looks like a rehash of the Ash and Passimian episode, just replace Ash with Lillie and Passimian with Sandshrew.

It might happen but it’s less likely now we know that it’s an entire group of Sandshrew.
@PkmnTrainerV
Your theory stated that Multiple Alolan Sandshrew might be probably lead by a leader, presumably what I think would be Alolan Sandslash. Which support the cast that this episode is the combination episode of both Episode 64 & 71. What I might thinks is could a sport and finding other home. While one of them is getting bully around and couldn't take it any-more and run off only to be spotted by Lillie in it very badly injury state. Which is where this episode plot starts?

It's not an absolute excuse, but make it much less likelier, and it was already unlikely to Lillie to get a new pokemon when she do barely any stuff with her existing pokemon.
@martianmister
We did see the first ending song of the second variant. Where she doing the Z-Move of Icium Z. Which might be foreshadowing what is to come. Whenever, she is going to get the Z-Ring and Z-Crystal is still questionable will this episode going to be assumed or not. However, all things can come true. Only at the end of June. We will find the answer.

New summary

Everyone from the Pokémon School decided to take a shortcut through a cave on their way back from the overnight field trip. After Lilie gets lost, she encounters a group of the "Mouse Pokémon" Alola Sand. When she learns they have someone they want to win against in some way or other, she wants to help them out in some way. Meanwhile, Satoshi and the others that Lilie got separated from have ended up getting lost in the cave as well and are unable to get out.

Lillie gets separated from the rest, but everyone gets lost, not just her.

So this episode directly follows the last one with Minior, that's very cool. It reminds me of the Chargestone/Juniper Arc.

New summary

Lillie gets separated from the rest, but everyone gets lost, not just her.
@Rath
I can highly doubt, that this "someone" could be Alolan Sandslash.

Last edited:
Another new summary:
Satoshi and the others were on their way back to Melemele Island, but after entering a cave they thought was a shortcut, they got lost and ended up getting separated from Lilie and the others. Meanwhile, Lilie encounters a group of Alola Sand. It appears the Alola Sand have someone they want to win against in some way or other, and Lilie wants to help them. Also, will Satoshi and the others be able to safely make it out of the cave?

That opening is obsolete for a long time. I doubt that they give us secret hints like these.
@martianmister
Yes, the opening indeed obsolete. But however, we haven't see the Ice Z-Move in the anime yet.

So, This episode will be the answer to that. If either Ash or Lillie might get the Icium Z inside the Ice Cave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom