• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM086: I Choose Here! Pokémon Hot Spring Paradise!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the Ultra Guardians keeps getting dispatched all the time, Satoshi and the others have come to the "Pokémon Paradise Resort", a resort spa for Pokémon, so that both they and the Ride Pokémon can get some rest.
Wouldn't that be hilarious if they use Pheromosa, Guzzlord and Kartana in this episode in short clips as UBs they already dispatched?

They are, but I guess they're fine as long as they're not making direct contact with it, Marowak especially. Remember how it once refused to jump into water?
That makes sense. I was thinking back when Brock's Onix used to freak out about water. I guess as long as they're not submerged in it they're fine with it.

That makes sense. I was thinking back when Brock's Onix used to freak out about water. I guess as long as they're not submerged in it they're fine with it.

Brock was shown to polish Onix and Geodude in an old Johto episodes.

And there are lots of times where Fire types have bathed in hot water, though Rock and Ground types would still avoid water in these instances.

This is likely a breather before the big stuff can happen. every guardian is resting till Pink Floyd arrives and then it gets off the rails

Yeah, it could be like BW95 where it's a standard issue filler, and then at the last minute evil rears its ugly head (with creepy glowing eyes! :eek:)

And heck, this already looks better than BW95 in general! :p

Summaries and cast list, provided by Adamant on pocketmonsters.net

Satoshi and the others have come to the "Pokémon Paradise Resort", a resort for Pokémon. The Ride Pokémon join in and relax there as well, getting into the hot springs and the pools! But then the Rocket Gang shows up...

Summary:
Since the Ultra Guardians keeps getting dispatched all the time, Satoshi and the others have come to the "Pokémon Paradise Resort", a resort spa for Pokémon, so that both they and the Ride Pokémon can get some rest. The Pokémon get some real relaxation out of it, getting into the hot springs, playing in the pool, and the like! But then the Rocket Gang shows up and end up abducting Pikachu and the others! Will Satoshi and the others be able to save them?!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Daisuke Namikawa: Rotom
Kei Shindo: Lilie
Kaito Ishikawa: Kaki
Reina Ueda: Mao
Hitomi Kikuchi: Suiren
Fumiko Takekuma: Māmane
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Unsho Ishizuka: Yareyuutan
Mika Kanai: Togedemaru
Rikako Aikawa: Ashimari
Chinami Nishimura: Nyaheat
Kenta Miyake: Bakugames
Keiichi Nakagawa: Lugarugan
Chika Fujimura: Tyltalis
Toru Sakurai: Receptionist
Ryota Iwasaki: Attendant
@BigDocFan
"Pokémon Paradise Resort"? I might have guesses that should be Hano Grand Resort from the game since that is the only place in Akala Island featuring everyone there to relax after all the hard day work they been through or maybe is another anime-exclusive place. The writer perhaps save that for another episode after Necrozma crisis is over. We will never know about it.

Yeah, it could be like BW95 where it's a standard issue filler, and then at the last minute evil rears its ugly head (with creepy glowing eyes! :eek:)

And heck, this already looks better than BW95 in general! :p
Don't forget SM048, which was a similar breather episode before the then-upcoming Aether arc. It even did some setup for the arc by the end, so there's a good chance something similar will happen in here, too.

This looks like a filler ep.

@HiroHunter
Yeah, but is a fun one. However, you probably going to skip it, right?

Right on the money
Who's to say there won't be some kind of event at the end of the episode that connects it to the Necrozma arc?

I honestly don't like your philosophy of deciding beforehand if you'll watch an episode or not. What if something in an episode you skipped comes back later and is relevant to the plot then? You should honestly follow a philosophy more like mine: watch an episode, and then decide whether you want to rewatch it or not.

You should honestly follow a philosophy more like mine: watch an episode, and then decide whether you want to rewatch it or not.

I used to follow this philosophy some time ago. Not anymore, because I don’t feel like wasting two hours monthly for episodes that don’t grab my interest and attention at all. Too many times I have regretted losing hours of sleep to watch something that ended up boring me to death.

Besides, some people prefer to wait for the general reception and comments to decide whether an episode is worth it or not, and there is nothing wrong with that. Everyone has the right to decide in which way to know and enjoy the same thing.

I’m currently perfectly content with just watching screenshots, and if I see that the episode is intriguing or interesting enough, I go watch it. Otherwise, I’ll just move onto the next episode while knowing the general gist of the uninteresting episode.

I used to follow this philosophy some time ago. Not anymore, because I don’t feel like wasting two hours monthly for episodes that don’t grab my interest and attention at all. Too many times I have regretted losing hours of sleep to watch something that ended up boring me to death.

Besides, some people prefer to wait for the general reception and comments to decide whether an episode is worth it or not, and there is nothing wrong with that. Everyone has the right to decide in which way to know and enjoy the same thing.

I’m currently perfectly content with just watching screenshots, and if I see that the episode is intriguing or interesting enough, I go watch it. Otherwise, I’ll just move onto the next episode while knowing the general gist of the uninteresting episode.
Okay. I guess I just have more time to watch these episodes than some others, and for me, they air in the middle of the day, so I'm not losing sleep at all for watching them live.

I actually used to watch screenshots before the actual episode too, but close to the end of the XY series, I switched to my current way of viewing episodes in order to see them blindly.

Last edited:
Who's to say there won't be some kind of event at the end of the episode that connects it to the Necrozma arc?

I honestly don't like your philosophy of deciding beforehand if you'll watch an episode or not. What if something in an episode you skipped comes back later and is relevant to the plot then? You should honestly follow a philosophy more like mine: watch an episode, and then decide whether you want to rewatch it or not.
Its more of a case that SM has made me care so little that I don't want to watch every episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom