• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM106: We Have a Sea and We Have a Valley! Great Intensive Pokémon Evolution Training!!

My favourite part of this episode was Nagisa's interaction with Popplio and its training.
There wasn't any training shown with Popplio - it was just them playing - Mallow, Lillie, and Ida all point it out, to Lana's consternation

All of Popplio's actual training to become a Brionne was literally done offscreen and paid off in the last few minutes of the episode

Should've had Sea God's Symphonia as a start-of-episode event and Lana spends her 1/3rd of the episode training Popplio and Nagisa while Sophocles did his thing

Sophocles' plot was fine. It was weird that Charjabug evolved just to save someone who has been a jerk the whole time instead of battling, but it had well-thought ideas developed nicely. It was nice to see Hapu going with the boys, but she could have done a bit more.

Lana's on the other hand was almost insulting. We went from some random songs and dances, to learning about the Z-move (which isn't that pretty) in a party, to off-screen training, to Popplio evolving literally to show herself off, to Lana being the first character to receive a free Z-crystal (as even TR showed their bravery before receiving the Mimikyum Z). Couldn't they have used a Team Rocket, Team Skull or a new totem fight to make everything flow better?

Well now I think we can safely say that Brionne won't be staying a Brionne for very long. Mind you, it wouldn't be the first time in the anime a Pokémon has evolved from it's base form to it's final stage very quickly (as in over the course of less than 10 episodes).

Nagisa on the other hand I still think will stay an Eevee for the rest of the series. As much as I feel like Primarina & Vaporeon would be a PERFECT duo, I imagine the writers want to help promote Let's Go Eevee.

And now that Charjabug has evolved as well, this means that Lillie will probably be the only character to never get a single team change throughout the entire series, since it was pretty much confirmed that Snowy is staying as it is.

Also, Lillie referenced Lana's Popplio as "she's singing", before Popplio evolved into Brionne. Popplio is most likely a female.
In Japanese, the pronouns are often left out and have to be added into translations. I believe Lillie's saying "Utau" (to sing/singing), so there's no reference to gender being spoken. But still, I thought we knew because of the Ultra Guardians bow thing?

In Japanese, the pronouns are often left out and have to be added into translations. I believe Lillie's saying "Utau" (to sing/singing), so there's no reference to gender being spoken. But still, I thought we knew because of the Ultra Guardians bow thing?
Apparently Bulbapedia doesn't consider those bows a good enough proof. I personally disagree, but some people there can be a bit stubborn.

Good Episode, this arc is looking good so far...
@Sriram Mannar
Yeah, now is getting even more intense when Meltan finally came into the picture. But first, we shall see how Kiawe going to save Ash from the Guardian Deity wrath first breaking the rule. An Arc within an arc. Tapu Fini mini Arc. Here we go.

Last edited:
Ahem. Ice Stone, remember?

Ahem. Snowy refused to be evolved in that episode, and Lillie basically said, (paraphrasing) "Don't worry, you don't have to evolve. I understand your desire to get stronger and battle opponents just the way you are!" Remember?

If memory serves I think Lillie did hold onto that Ice Stone just in case Snowy changed her mind, but I'd bet my computer that she's not actually going to change her mind.

Ahem. Snowy refused to be evolved in that episode, and Lillie basically said, (paraphrasing) "Don't worry, you don't have to evolve. I understand your desire to get stronger and battle opponents just the way you are!" Remember?

If memory serves I think Lillie did hold onto that Ice Stone just in case Snowy changed her mind, but I'd bet my computer that she's not actually going to change her mind.

No that isn't what Lillie said, what she said was that Snowy wasn't ready to evolve and she respects the decision to hold out on it for now. This series normally brings something up one episode and makes it a plot point in another.

It made the evolution possibility into a BIG maybe and at least one episode has that hinted in the background.

In addition what those users above have said, there's also been some anime merchandise featuring Alolan Ninetales.

Okay yeah, seems I misremembered that whole scene. I apologize.

And I also wasn't aware that there was any new Alolan Ninetales anime merchandise out there, so a part of me also assumed that since we've already seen Alolan Ninetales star in SM060, that was another piece of evidence that Snowy was planned to be this series' cute-Pokémon-that-stays-unevolved-so-it-can-be-carried-in-a-PokeGirl's-arms.

I haven't said much about this episode but this was a slight disappointment, would have been better if they gave the two plots two complete episodes instead of squeezed into one

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom